Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 07:34 PM

27 posts, read 21,857 times

Advertisements

Explain this to me
When a man makes eye contact with women in public should he look away first or should the girl look away? You understand if you look at someone in public you're forcing them to submit to you or you submit to them? Do women like when a guy looks away first or do they want to be "intimated" into looking away/breaking eye contact

Do you know what autism is? I may have social issues and I'm a tech genius/nerd however I have social issues and can't form relationships with other people
Yes i know, maybe society hates people like me and I'm an introvert but I'm asking for help here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2019, 08:20 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,558,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedGuy777 View Post
Explain this to me
When a man makes eye contact with women in public should he look away first or should the girl look away? You understand if you look at someone in public you're forcing them to submit to you or you submit to them? Do women like when a guy looks away first or do they want to be "intimated" into looking away/breaking eye contact

Do you know what autism is? I may have social issues and I'm a tech genius/nerd however I have social issues and can't form relationships with other people
Yes i know, maybe society hates people like me and I'm an introvert but I'm asking for help here
This is your second thread here about eye contact. Are you trying to flirt when doing it? Sorry, but I'm not sure you should be doing it if it's this difficult.

You can't have a neutral facial expression when you're doing it, or it comes across as too aggressive, but I'm not sure you could handle the slight smile at this point.

All women don't like the same things, so no one can tell you what to do because that will vary from one woman to the next.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
This is your second thread here about eye contact. Are you trying to flirt when doing it? Sorry, but I'm not sure you should be doing it if it's this difficult.

You can't have a neutral facial expression when you're doing it, or it comes across as too aggressive, but I'm not sure you could handle the slight smile at this point.

All women don't like the same things, so no one can tell you what to do because that will vary from one woman to the next.

I have serious "social" issues and I'm someone in society that people usually don't like. Yes i am a loner and was a social outcast all my life but I am a good engineer in my field

Here's another question, what would it mean if a girl turns her back to you when she sees you? Why would she turn around, what if you look at her and she turns around with her back towards you?

Old 06-30-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:

Here's another question, what would it mean if a girl turns her back to you when she sees you? Why would she turn around, what if you look at her and she turns around with her back towards you?
I think you know what that means.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
I think you know what that means.

She is not interested right?

Old 06-30-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
She is not interested right?
Not only not interested, but is so uncomfortable with your gaze that she wants to eliminate all possibility that you will see her.

Please be careful when doing this. You really should not be staring at strangers. Your best bet is to get involved in something where you're around a lot of people your age and interacting regularly so that people can get to know you as a person.

Random eye contact with strangers is the worst idea for someone with autism.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Not only not interested, but is so uncomfortable with your gaze that she wants to eliminate all possibility that you will see her.

Please be careful when doing this. You really should not be staring at strangers. Your best bet is to get involved in something where you're around a lot of people your age and interacting regularly so that people can get to know you as a person.

Random eye contact with strangers is the worst idea for someone with autism.

Here's an odd thing, every time I go to the gym other men will stare me down and try to look me in my eyes to put me down or something, why does that happen?

Why do other men walk up to me and try to look me into my eyes to stare me down or make eye contact?

Old 06-30-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Here's an odd thing, every time I go to the gym other men will stare me down and try to look me in my eyes to put me down or something, why does that happen?

Why do other men walk up to me and try to look me into my eyes to stare me down or make eye contact?
Why do you think they are trying to put you down?

Does this happen every time you go to the gym? Is it multiple men or one guy?

How close are they getting to you?

Old 06-30-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Why do you think they are trying to put you down?

Does this happen every time you go to the gym? Is it multiple men or one guy?

How close are they getting to you?

Multiple guys try to approach me and look me right in my eyes and put me down/so i submit to them

some of them get really close to me and up to my face, i had to tell a guy the other day while having a normal conversation with him that he needs to back away because i do not know him and he was right up in my personal space trying to get way to close to my body

Regarding the stares and eye contact, i have EVERY guy trying to walk up to me and stare me down or make eye contact with me so they present themselves as being on top or some alpha character

I feel like everyone in society wants to push me down and out, they want me to submit and put myself down

Sometimes i am just trying to work out but i notice they walk up right next to me or they walk right towards me while im just trying to work out, they are messing with me head
I do not know why me! but i will not take this **** from anyone

Old 06-30-2019, 08:59 PM

Are you at a gay gym??? lol

I have never once heard of this happening. Ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology