U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 08:41 AM

12,760 posts, read 14,110,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Suicidal????? I conduct myself properly and I just don't care what people say about me.
...and, speaking for myself, I have never conducted myself so extremely improperly - massively stupid, yeah - that it would ever enter my mind to want to commit suicide because of what Joe or Jane said.

If I behave like a pig in their eyes and Joe or Jane say oink-oink, they should be prepared to go tongue-to-tongue with a swine then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 10:12 AM

15,469 posts, read 12,176,995 times
Never, but being Catholic it just is not in us, my sister and I, with all the indoctrination that it is a
mortal sin,
meaning BIG sin. Now I don't know if I believe that reading many NDEs...it's just a bit stupid,
cuz ya gotta face this cr*p in another life to over come it, go beyond, realize it doesn't matter, be detached,

realize happiness is within regardless of others...etc...etc..many more things.
Like I always had some witchy, evil,domineering woman in my life...my mom, bosses, the last one was an
old lady neighbor...I finally had some work done that 'deleted', lol,
all issues with mean, authority women. Once I 100%, completely was over their power over me ...
I swear, I'm done, see? that particular issue will NEVER arise again in any life.
As Christians say...I am an overcomer..yay.

Now, onto the NEXT issue that is a bugaboo....my sister moved in with me (I'm the caregiver)...
oy....but I'm handling that too! Any issue I have of wanting to be a recluse, single, no ties, no family

balls and chains....I think will be conquered, also...cuz I'm a'flowin' with the whole change.
With love and patience and humor.

So, see... I see these challenges as wisdom building, character building and actually necessary....for
my soul growth...growing to what? My Goal...by whatever name...Self-realization, a lasting Awakening, not just glimpses...Home,
Heaven, God, Truth, Christ/Krisna Consciousness...lot of names.

Added: Wow, there are some intense people here...I read some just now...so I will add...If a person is in depression for whatever reason....I went on anti-depressants for a short while 20 yrs ago...
Truly, ya gotta make your self 'fake it'...smile, be KIND to people..fake it....you, I, we, don't need
to be pushing people away being an a**....making things worse for ourselves! Gee whiz!

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 07-19-2019 at 10:22 AM..

Old 07-19-2019, 02:50 PM

5,059 posts, read 3,230,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
How did you let go?
I'm an introvert. I shed insults, verbal attacks and physical gestures like a duck sheds water.. Most people don't register with me. If I work near them they do.

I admit I am stunned by some people who commit suicide simply for people calling them names.... I long ago learned to not show any reaction and thus, they quit trying to get my goat...

Old 07-19-2019, 02:55 PM

1,857 posts, read 747,916 times
Not suicidal, just severely depressed, like there was something wrong with me. I'm a people pleaser and when I know that someone thinks badly of me, it devastates me emotionally.

You find a close friend or relative and tell them. Hopefully, they would tell you that what others said about you is WRONG and they'll tell you good things about yourself. Then you let the bad feeling pass in time.

Old 07-19-2019, 03:27 PM
Status: "Disagreeing is not the same thing as trolling." (set 19 days ago)

9,703 posts, read 3,699,851 times
Other people just aren't worth it to me. I can enjoy my life even if they hate me. That's the best revenge.

I am NOT a people pleaser.

Old 07-19-2019, 04:00 PM

15,469 posts, read 12,176,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Other people just aren't worth it to me. I can enjoy my life even if they hate me. That's the best revenge.

I am NOT a people pleaser.
Good for you!

Old 07-19-2019, 06:35 PM

7,214 posts, read 2,969,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy-Cat-Lady View Post
I tell you what then? Let's trade places and see if you can do a better job. What nonsense. I haven't killed myself yet so that's something.
Hold on there, I wasn't being specific about YOU. My comment is valid...there are many people who DO self medicate to blot out the less pleasant things in their lives, and people who DO isolate themselves because they don't want to deal with others. They are, in fact, not facing the problem...the one that's in their own head. Whether you do this or not I have no idea and really don't care either way.

Old Yesterday, 06:08 AM

1,072 posts, read 636,661 times
suicide because of what someone else might say?..oh hell no..if someone talks chit about me or to me I either ignore them or put them in their place with words they can surely understand..I ain't hurting myself over no one..

Old Yesterday, 06:28 AM

701 posts, read 257,260 times
I would never feel suicidal over what other said about me because I knew that if I killed myself the ones who hate me would be happy, and the ones who love me would be very sad. I don't want that to happen. In addition, lots people tried to kill themselves and someone else saved them, then they couldn't die, and they had to live again in shame because of the scars (if they cut or hung themselves).

Death is like fate. Sometimes, some people want to die, and they cannot die; and some people want to live forever, and boom, they die suddenly very fast. When it's not your turn yet, you cannot go.

Old Yesterday, 07:02 AM

45,084 posts, read 36,303,462 times
Quote:
Have you ever felt suicidal over what others have said about you? How did you fight it?
Well I could be wrong but I don't think the OP has bothered coming back to the thread, so I guess we're just talking amongst ourselves.

My short answer is "no." And "I didn't bother fighting it, I just live my life and what other people think barely registers with me."

The longer answer is this: Nothing bugs a maligner more than the person they're dogging being actually happy and just living their life in a joyful state. They mean to hurt you, to make others think less of you, etc. so when they see that in spite of all their bitter words you're still happy and apparently oblivious to them, it yanks the rug right out from under their feet.

Establish your values. Live those values. Treat others the way you would like to be treated yourself. Take your licks so to speak, because we will all make mistakes. Get a pet. Do some volunteer work. Take pleasure in the little things, like sunshine through a window, a gentle breeze, birds at a bird feeder, a glass of iced tea, a dog's love. Pretty soon you won't even notice what other people might be saying about you. Life is full and good.

My husband and I always say to each other, "If anyone ever says I committed suicide, keep the inquest open because FO SHO I did not do it."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or