U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:23 PM

597 posts, read 174,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy-Cat-Lady View Post
All the time. For being ugly, stupid and useless.

How do I deal with it? Self harm, self medicstion and avoiding people as much as possible, especially kids and teens who still target me as if I was one of them.
I'm sure the cats help. Very cute pics, by the way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:28 PM

8,092 posts, read 6,026,484 times
For one thing, I don't have the misfortune of hearing what people say about me. But I do know it is bad. If I did hear what people say...

Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM

60 posts, read 29,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
How did you let go?
OP, check out this book, The Four Agreements.

One of the agreements is to NEVER TAKE ANYTHING PERSONAL.

That includes the good and bad stuff people say or do. Just let it go. Set good boundaries for yourself, and stay away from negative people that are predatory in nature.

But, start with that...never take anything personal. Meditate on that for about a year. I guarantee your mental health will grow.

Best to you !

Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM

8,790 posts, read 4,452,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohangr View Post
You can never know who has felt what. You can only imagine.
One would have to use their imagination if one has never been depressed to the point of suicidal thoughts.
Quote:
You can never know who has felt what.
You're right, no one knows what is going on in someone else's mind. If my back was hurting, I could describe to you what it was like; possibly you've had a back to hurt too, so you might on some level have, some what, of an understanding ... but ... you're not me, therefore you can not feel my [back] pain. It is as you said, you can only imagine.

When people deal with long term pain, they usually develop some type of coping mechanism, for mental and/or physical pain ... the op asks simply put, what is people's coping mechanism for suicidal [mental pain] thoughts?

Old Today, 08:00 AM

23,684 posts, read 17,640,506 times
Not over what others said.

My Facebook memories have been popping up a very stressful time for me three years ago. I wasn't suicidal, but was losing my job and was going to face the attendant financial trouble. Things leveled out, but it could have gone badly.

Old Today, 09:35 AM

5,672 posts, read 4,893,512 times
Being a better person, would be better retaliation than suicide .
Think long and hard about who you call friends.
If what some one says is accurate take it with a grain of salt.
Many people have no social skills and either are offended at every thing, or deliberately go out of their way to be offensive . Being thin skinned one must spend a lot of time preparing their pity party.
A rhino hide however has no respect for any one but himself.
Life is about balance . A wise person considers the source of criticism and the way it is delivered, may be part is true may be it is an exaggeration trying to stir a response .
If the things said are not true look at the critics life style and weigh their own criticism against them . not confrontally ,but by observation .
When I have a sinus drainage so my breath is not pleasant and a friend offers me tic tacks I know what is going on. I am not offended and I appreciate the gesture .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or