Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2019, 11:44 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,719,842 times

Advertisements

You know, this feeling where you try to compare past events with your current events and I guess try to get a sensation of how drastic the pronnouncation of life quality change has come I suppose or you develop some sort or "I miss my former peers and institutions" type of mentality?

I am speaking for myself so once again I apologize if I sound a bit vague

But I am sure some of you all get this feeling once in awhile, right?

You try to do a comparison between your past crazes, events, adventures and styles and your ongoing ones and try to get a feel of what has switched on you for the better or worse

Does the feeling though have a certain name? And why do we do this anyways considering the nature of unpredictability? Thnx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2019, 01:16 AM

720 posts, read 428,619 times
Nostalgia? The feeling of "oh how much we've grown, we used to do this and that and life was so simple and nice".
Without meaning that you don't appreciate your life now.

Old 07-23-2019, 02:38 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,719,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohangr View Post
Nostalgia? The feeling of "oh how much we've grown, we used to do this and that and life was so simple and nice".
Without meaning that you don't appreciate your life now.
So is just another sub-set of nostalgia?

Huh, I was expecting for sure to actually have a name for this feeling in existence

Old 07-23-2019, 03:59 AM

1,456 posts, read 515,681 times
Having or experiencing a historical perspective? If I'm not mistaken in psychology it's referred to as temporal comparison.

Old 07-23-2019, 07:46 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,025,141 times
To me, it sounds like you are becoming self aware, as opposed to self centered.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:36 AM

720 posts, read 428,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
To me, it sounds like you are becoming self aware, as opposed to self centered.
This also passed my mind but I couldn't find the words.

Old 07-23-2019, 10:45 AM

1,734 posts, read 1,202,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
You know, this feeling where you try to compare past events with your current events and I guess try to get a sensation of how drastic the pronnouncation of life quality change has come I suppose or you develop some sort or "I miss my former peers and institutions" type of mentality?

I am speaking for myself so once again I apologize if I sound a bit vague

But I am sure some of you all get this feeling once in awhile, right?

You try to do a comparison between your past crazes, events, adventures and styles and your ongoing ones and try to get a feel of what has switched on you for the better or worse

Does the feeling though have a certain name? And why do we do this anyways considering the nature of unpredictability? Thnx
You're what now – 17?

It's called Being Human and Growing Up.

I hope you *have* experienced some changes in "crazes, events, adventures and styles" since, say, you were a toddler or were in the fifth grade. You will cycle through changes more quickly in the first 20-25 years of your life. You can rate things as better or worse, miss things and people the way they were, but you can't go back.

You are conscious; you are evolving. You are not a turnip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology