U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 04:38 AM

3,455 posts, read 3,213,522 times

Advertisements

Wow, what a stressful approach to the workday. I get up, have coffee and read for an hour before showering and heading out the door. Up most days around 5:30 am and pull out of my garage around 7:15, give or take 10 minutes. My commute is about 45 minutes. If I left the house by 6:00 it would be 30 minutes but saving 15 minutes commute is not worth a rushed morning for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 07:27 AM

16,145 posts, read 6,372,216 times
  1. Woke up at 6:21 a.m.;
  2. Moved cars around at 6:45 a.m.
  3. Went for my exercise walk-run at 7:02 a.m. and finished at 7:35 a.m., including cool-down;
  4. Breakfast 7:40 a.m.-7:48 a.m.
  5. Showered 7:50 a.m-7:56 a.m.
  6. Programmed younger son for household task 8:00 - 8:05 a.m.
  7. Keys in ignition 8:17 a.m.
  8. At work 8:34 a.m.
  9. On CD - Whatever time this post is registered at.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:25 AM

7,866 posts, read 4,451,625 times
I usually get up two hours early, make a cup of coffee, take it outside to enjoy the morning, come back inside after, figure I have plenty of time left, putter around, and then 15 minutes before I'm supposed to leave make a mad dash to get ready and am invariably five minutes late to work. Before you psychoanalyze it, yes, it's true. I'm subconsciously passive-aggressive.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:51 AM

26,695 posts, read 63,320,553 times
Typically, I get the birds out, toss some bacon into the microwave, turn on the shower and use the toilet while it warms up, shower and brush my teeth together. Then I eat my bacon, slop some goo in my hair and get dressed. Put the birds away/feed them, and hit the car. I shave in the car at traffic lights (electric razor) . Often I also eat the rest of my bacon in the car. Often I finish getting dressed (button and tuck in shirt, put on tie and/or belt) as I go down the stairs in the parking garage. I can be out the door in 22 minutes. Too often it takes longer. Mostly because I sit on the toilet looking at Facebook for too long.

You have to eat the bacon before shaving in the car or it might get whisker dust on it.

Laying out your clothing, especially socks, the night before is also critical. Otherwise, you may spend half an hour looking for something.

Old 07-25-2019, 09:28 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,352,340 times
During the school year; anywhere from 5 minutes to half an hour. Hair & teeth brushed but will morph into Momzilla if no caffeine.

During the summer it could be hours, with the exception of walking the dog. I employ the ĎIf I donít make eye contact, then you canít see meí method.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:43 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,495,893 times
Get up at 6am
Make coffee
Go on deck (with dog in tow) to drink 1/2 of said coffee.
Feed cat.
Feed dog.
Feed bird.
Take shower (used to spend an extra 5 minutes to blow dry hair but I just got it cut really short so that it is now just wash and go).
Get dressed (after figuring out what to wear which can take up to 5 minutes)
Warm up other 1/2 of coffee and chug it down.
Grab stuff for breakfast and lunch (eat my breakfast at work - usually just a yogurt).
Turn off TV
Say goodbye to dog.
Leave house by 6:50.
Arrive at work at 6:57 (yep, I live that close).

Up until 6 months ago, I had two hours in the morning between waking up and being at work. Forty-five minutes of that was commuting. The rest of the time was me just being slow to get going in the morning. Now that I have to be at work an hour and a half earlier than my last job, I have had to stop putzing around in the morning and get myself into gear in a shorter time frame.

Old 07-25-2019, 01:29 PM

4,076 posts, read 3,307,384 times
Just about everyone has a system I'm sure.

For workdays, I'm up at 5:50am when heading into the office, couple days/week. If working from home, always preferred, I'm up at 6:20am and on-station by same time as below, but with nowhere near the work. I set alarm accordingly, preferring 6:30am to 5:50am.

I shave time by brushing my teeth on the can. Also, I've shaved in the shower for decades, just seems a better place. Since I recently discovered a brilliant shaving cream (Creamo) that is good for my skin and also makes shaving go very easily indeed, it's if-anything faster. Skin looks better to. No electric for me.

Everything else is clockwork on the way out: hair, contacts, choose shirt, choose slacks and belt, choose shoes, choose watch. Gear up. Downstairs w/bag, always in the same place and has my car keys (can't forget it). Since going to a system, I would be hard-pressed to lose my company badge or anything else for work, since everything has a place in the bag.

Stop at either McDonald's or BK for breakfast, mobe into work which is usually by 7:30-7:40am. Traffic seems consistent, maybe 30-40 min. Sometimes with half a breakfast sandwich in the bag. Always with half a coffee. Sip that as I gear up and I'm combat-effective by 7:45am.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:03 PM

2,724 posts, read 2,393,016 times
Male

20 minutes... 15 if I'm running late. If I happen to take a shower the night before (probably once or twice a month), then it can be as little as 5 minutes honestly.

Old 07-25-2019, 07:59 PM

16,145 posts, read 6,372,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
Also, I've shaved in the shower for decades, just seems a better place. Since I recently discovered a brilliant shaving cream (Creamo) that is good for my skin and also makes shaving go very easily indeed, it's if-anything faster. Skin looks better to. No electric for me.
I personally do not recommend shaving in the shower using an electric razor.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:07 PM

1,021 posts, read 229,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
brush my teeth...Then I eat my bacon, ...eat the rest of my bacon.
Why would you eat AFTER you brush your teeth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology