Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 05:20 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
Female here. It takes me about 2 hours.

Being female, I have more hair (on my head) to wash, and condition. Five minutes max

feeding the dog Five minutes max

and making sure he has opportunities (at least 2) to go outside and do his business Let him out when you wake up and let him back in right before you leave. 2 minutes

Also factor in putting on makeup Not necessary (besides you're married)
defrost something for that night. 1 minute max.

That's 13 minutes instead of your 120 minutes. My way saves you 107 minutes per day or 107*5*52/60 = 463 HOURS PER YEAR
Wow, that's some unsolicited judgement.

Sassy, don't defend yourself. Like me, you're old enough to know what it takes to get you out of the house feeling comfortable about yourself. You spend that time however you like.

I just want to know why no one thought it was interesting that the OP eats 1/3 of a head of lettuce in the car for breakfast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2019, 08:59 PM

6,150 posts, read 4,514,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

Sassy, don't defend yourself. Like me, you're old enough to know what it takes to get you out of the house feeling comfortable about yourself. You spend that time however you like.

I just want to know why no one thought it was interesting that the OP eats 1/3 of a head of lettuce in the car for breakfast.
I thought it was more interesting that he thought she didn't need makeup because she was married????

Old 07-23-2019, 11:56 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,031,211 times
Hmm, open the eyeballs, wander into the kitchen, pour coffee into the cup (it's an automatic coffee maker) and then set it down next to the computer and boot it up. Pop into the bathroom while booting up the computer. Shower, teethbrushing and back to the coffee cup to where it's about the right temperature for drinking. So then "voilà" I'm at work. Anyone want some drafting done for the island of Hawaii? Nice set of blueprints for a house? No? That's okay, there's games on the computer as well. Oh! Check City-Data! That's more fun.

When I had a 'real' job that involved getting up and going somewhere, I'd put my clothes out for the next day. Prepare lunch for the next day and put it in the refrigerator. Set up the coffeemaker for the next day. It would be about half an hour from eyeball opening to being at the desk. Ten minutes of that is a bicycle ride, but it was all flat land on a sidewalk the entire way so an easy ride. No parking problems, either.

That was also drafting and drawing plans, though, so no need for fancy dress and there were places to get more coffee while at work.

Old 07-23-2019, 11:59 PM

60 posts, read 305,924 times
My plan was to have been retired by 2015 but here I am still punching a clock. However, the 'clock' is at my house and I now work from home because the employer didn't want to have to hire anyone else. Having said that, I roll out of bed at 6am and futz about in the kitchen, start work at 7am and (if I'm lucky) change out of my PJs by 12 noon. I'm not sure if this is work arrangement is working for me but I think that, once again, I am at a mental crossroads in my life and I have to figure out when am I actually going to pull the plug on this work life thing and GTFO of the Antelope Valley, if ever. I think it's going to happen soon I really do. All my kids are done with college, it's just me and the SO and I feel like being reckless.

It comes around much sooner than we thought.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:31 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,192,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The grave problem is to minimize the time between waking up and starting your day....
Nothing in this thread beats your first line above.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:04 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,025,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
Female here. It takes me about 2 hours.

Being female, I have more hair (on my head) to wash, and condition. Five minutes max

feeding the dog Five minutes max

and making sure he has opportunities (at least 2) to go outside and do his business Let him out when you wake up and let him back in right before you leave. 2 minutes

Also factor in putting on makeup Not necessary (besides you're married)
defrost something for that night. 1 minute max.

That's 13 minutes instead of your 120 minutes. My way saves you 107 minutes per day or 107*5*52/60 = 463 HOURS PER YEAR

Who are you to decide if I need makeup or not? LOL

I don't recall asking for time saving advice. You do you, and I'll do me.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
I thought it was more interesting that he thought she didn't need makeup because she was married????

Yeah, that made me giggle.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

Thanks BirdieBelle. :-)

Old 07-24-2019, 09:12 AM

1,210 posts, read 888,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Who are you to decide if I need makeup or not?
I'm the guy you're putting the makeup on FOR. Women put makeup on to look good for guys - for example, red lipstick makes them look aroused (arousable). They wear high heels to accentuate their hips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axd8FjufcHE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU6pHBs5rNY

Old 07-24-2019, 09:34 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzpapalotl View Post
My commute is lengthy, plus I work long hours and don't sleep much, so I don't waste time on long morning routines. Provided I'm all set from the night before, I'm usually up and out in 20 minutes. The good thing about it is that I get to fit in a lot of reading commuting to work.

Back in the day, this was my routine. Out the door in suit and tie (white shirt, black socks, dark suit, black shoes so easy to grab) in about 20 minutes. Used the 90 minutes in the car in the morning for phone time. Grab a coffee and an egg sandwich on the walk across town from the parking garage. Usually hit the trading desk by 6 a.m.

These days.....up at 5:45, few phone calls, coffee, pet the cat, and wander down to the trading desk just before seven.

They both have their merits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology