U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 02:28 PM

22,645 posts, read 24,243,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
So I should forever be held responsible and labelled for that little incident when I was just a kid?
Do you ever have the urge to hurt animals anymore, even if you don't act on it?

You started a thread about how you troll forums just to mess with people, so on some level you still have some maladaptive behaviors that you exhibit.

Old 07-28-2019, 02:36 PM

1,353 posts, read 1,745,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Do you ever have the urge to hurt animals anymore, even if you don't act on it?

You started a thread about how you troll forums just to mess with people, so on some level you still have some maladaptive behaviors that you exhibit.
No to the first question.
Yes to your second sentence below about the trolling thing. Though I might consider writing a novel.

Old 07-28-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
It wasn't the action you took, it was the thought process that lead up to it that might deserve reflection. There was a very long thread about this same topic on the Pets forum several months ago. It might be worth a search to gain some insight.

Do children have to be taught how to treat animals ?
I actually found the thread before you posted but thank you. I'm starting to read it. Sounds interesting.

Old 07-28-2019, 02:37 PM

7,281 posts, read 12,731,147 times
Quote:
So I should forever be held responsible and labelled for that little incident when I was just a kid?
Yes -- especially given the language you continue to use, e.g. "little incident," "just a kid," etc.

Some would say "No worries," but I wouldn't want ANYONE who has ever been intentionally and gleefully cruel to animals (smiling afterwards?!! ) near my pets -- no matter how many times you say you've changed. I simply don't believe you.

Old 07-28-2019, 03:38 PM

304 posts, read 1,007,201 times
Quote:
It seems that every single time a child is cruel to an animal, even if it's very small one there seems to be a huge outcry and the word sociopath gets thrown. Most people get alarmed and already want the kid to be seen by a psychiatrist.

I can only think of these short episodes (while I was in FL), in which there was a bit of cruelty on my part on a small brown lizard. They were done on 3 separate occasions. However, things never progressed to any other animals (besides cockroaches, which I have a deep hatred and disgust till this very day) and I've grown up to be a cat lover and normal family-oriented woman.

1st time: I was 7 and decided to cut part of its tail. Though I let it go.
2nd time: I think it was months later (same age). I was curious about what it does if it's in pain. I left my lamp lightbulb on for a while. I placed its back on the hot bulb for 1-3 seconds. However, when I saw it squirming like crazy, I let it go.
3rd time and last time: I was a bit older by then. I was in 4th grade and this time, I stepped on one in front of a classmate, killing it. This was the only single time I smiled for a bit. My classmate obviously didn't like it.

Otherwise, I would just collect them in a jar with holes, feed them and release them after a week.

This kid is evil. They will eventually graduate to hurting/killing humans

Start saving bail money

Old 07-28-2019, 03:39 PM

304 posts, read 1,007,201 times
I assume you want someone to tell you "it's ok to hurt animals"

You won't be reading that here

Old 07-28-2019, 04:10 PM

18,691 posts, read 23,338,486 times
Quote:
It seems that every single time a child is cruel to an animal, even if it's very small one there seems to be a huge outcry and the word sociopath gets thrown. Most people get alarmed and already want the kid to be seen by a psychiatrist.

I can only think of these short episodes (while I was in FL), in which there was a bit of cruelty on my part on a small brown lizard. They were done on 3 separate occasions. However, things never progressed to any other animals (besides cockroaches, which I have a deep hatred and disgust till this very day) and I've grown up to be a cat lover and normal family-oriented woman.

1st time: I was 7 and decided to cut part of its tail. Though I let it go.
2nd time: I think it was months later (same age). I was curious about what it does if it's in pain. I left my lamp lightbulb on for a while. I placed its back on the hot bulb for 1-3 seconds. However, when I saw it squirming like crazy, I let it go.
3rd time and last time: I was a bit older by then. I was in 4th grade and this time, I stepped on one in front of a classmate, killing it. This was the only single time I smiled for a bit. My classmate obviously didn't like it.

Otherwise, I would just collect them in a jar with holes, feed them and release them after a week.

Simply NO. It is unnatural and it is symptomatic of someone who needs HELP. See a competent counselor.

Old 07-28-2019, 04:32 PM

3,655 posts, read 1,429,670 times
"natural?"
well, yes.
there are lots
of natural-born-killers.

Old 07-28-2019, 04:42 PM

1,130 posts, read 830,444 times
"I was curious about what it does if it's in pain" - You already knew the answer to this.

And how did you feel when you incurred the pain on the animal. That's the question you have to answer..

Old 07-28-2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edvard View Post
This kid is evil. They will eventually graduate to hurting/killing humans

Start saving bail money
That would be the definition of a low functioning sociopath. Do you realize that not all children that were ever cruel to an animal continue doing it nor grow up to be killers?

If I had streetsmarts I would have probably been a business owner by now or work on a high ranking position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology