Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 01:42 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,182,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Gilroy perpetrator: part white, part Middle Eastern.

Virginia Beach perpetrator: black.

Aurora IL perpetrator: black.

Mercy Hospital (Chicago) perpetrator: black.

Capital Gazette perpetrator: Hispanic (arguably white depending on how you define "Hispanic").

Scottsdale spree killer: black.

Virginia Tech perpetrator: Asian.

Orlando Night Club perpetrator: Middle Eastern.

Fort Hood perpetrator: Middle Eastern.

San Bernardino perpetrators: Asian and Middle Eastern.

San Francisco UPS perpetrator: Asian.

Fort Lauderdale Airport perpetrator: Hispanic.

And so on...

Though plenty of mass shooting perpetrators are white, your perception is still off the mark.

Put up the list of white perpetrators as well. Maybe even include women and see how that list compares.

Old 07-29-2019, 02:21 PM

9,971 posts, read 5,667,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Put up the list of white perpetrators as well. Maybe even include women and see how that list compares.
I've already made my point. You seem to want to make a different point. If so, go for it.

Old 07-29-2019, 02:52 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,765,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Studies of white immigrant groups showed that the initial, poor immigrant generation generally had much higher rates of homicide and other crimes compared to their economically successful grandchildren.

https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/pdf/10.1377/hlthaff.12.4.80

"Roger Lane found that certain white ethnic groups in nineteenth-century
Philadelphia had rates of interpersonal violence that closely resembled
those of blacks living in the city." &c.

The paper goes on to discuss cultural, economic, social oppression, and other factors as a potential differentiating cause, then notes that more study is needed. The jury is still out on this, but clearly poverty is a factor.
I think that's pretty plausible.

So would it be fair to say that murder and rape are an 'African Sickness'?

Or would we maybe show a little more respect than that... since it's kinda ****ty to single out a demographic and imply that they as a demographic are 'sick'?

Old 07-29-2019, 02:57 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,132,037 times
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...hooter-s-race/

Here in a graph, you can see that most mass shooters are white.

And, I saw this morning a headline that indicated Gilroy shooter frequented white supremacy websites.

Old 07-29-2019, 03:09 PM

1,210 posts, read 887,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post

And, I saw this morning a headline that indicated Gilroy shooter frequented white supremacy websites.

The graph indicates blacks are over represented as offenders. It shows blacks, who are 13% of the population committing 19% of the mass shootings. Whites, who are 62% of the population, commit 62% of the mass shootings.

There's no such thing as white supremacy anymore. One tenet of white supremacy is the domination of another race. This hasn't happened since slavery in the US or European colonization of Africa or British colonization of India. Even the most hard core racists in the US do not espouse controlling or dominating another race. The term "white supremacy" should be retired.

Old 07-29-2019, 03:18 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,765,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post

Now, break each of those down into percentages, and compare to each group as a percentage of population.
Lemme know what you find.

Don't worry, I can do the math for you if you don't know how.

Old 07-29-2019, 03:29 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,111,637 times
Probably the worst this year. Not a white guy
https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/vi...-live-updates/

Old 07-29-2019, 04:21 PM

236 posts, read 127,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Are drive-by shootings an African sickness?

Is violent crime in general an African sickness since African Americans murder and rape at a FAR higher rate than caucasians?
Are school shootings a White European Descended Sickness?

Is violent crime in general a White European Sickness? Europeans (White ones) are responsble for the highest death tolls in human history; the Holocaust, the Eastern Front of WW2 (where white rape and genocide occured on a daily basis, MILLIONS DEAD). What about all the white-on-white murder via Stalin and Lennin? What about the Oklahoma City Bombing and the Las Vegas shooting?

C'mon you guys have killed WAAAYYY more people than any other racial group in human history. NO current FBI statistic could EVER match centuries of rape, murder and genocide. You guys are REALLY good at it! Pat yourselves on the back ;-)

*And I didn't even mention what you all did to the Native Americans or those "VIOLENT" blacks lol (maybe you think they got what they deserved)*

Last edited by PardonTheInterruption; 07-29-2019 at 04:35 PM..

Old 07-29-2019, 04:44 PM

236 posts, read 127,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
A mass incident shooting today in Gilroy.

Has anyone noticed that perpetrators of mass shootings in the U.S. are almost exclusively white (Anglo/Caucasian) men? Any thoughts on why this is?
Even though I defended people of colour against the rebuttals to your original post, I strongly disagree with what you posted here^^. You are doing the SAME thing you probably complain about from white ppl. You are blaming an entire group of ppl because the actions of a few. That sir, IS racism. Your op is absolute BS

Old 07-29-2019, 04:46 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,182,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
I've already made my point. You seem to want to make a different point. If so, go for it.

Different types of people, different types and levels of crime. But nobody ever wants to hear the truth on that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology