U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM

622 posts, read 108,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
Even though I defended people of colour against the rebuttals to your original post, I strongly disagree with what you posted here^^. You are doing the SAME thing you probably complain about from white ppl. You are blaming an entire group of ppl because the actions of a few. That sir, IS racism. Your op is absolute BS

I'm not defending anyone but figure it's no better or worse these days for one person to be more or less of a racist than the next. People just want to stay on the side of their own people, that's about it.

Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM

3,675 posts, read 1,434,768 times
ok.
i will play.

i agree that most mass shootings IN THE USA have white guys at the trigger.
so...if this is a "white guy" thing, then other crimes could be a "whatever" thing.
for example: is killing all of her children a "white woman" thing?
how about...well, i deleted that since C-D might think i went too far.

Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM

6,375 posts, read 3,614,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
A mass incident shooting today in Gilroy.

Has anyone noticed that perpetrators of mass shootings in the U.S. are almost exclusively white (Anglo/Caucasian) men? Any thoughts on why this is?
Another believer of the myth. Here's the correct statistics straight from the pages of "Slate:"

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ographics.html

For those who won't read it says white mass shooters represent about seventy percent of the population and they happen to be about seventy percent of the population.

See how that works?

Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM

3,945 posts, read 1,660,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...hooter-s-race/

Here in a graph, you can see that most mass shooters are white.

And, I saw this morning a headline that indicated Gilroy shooter frequented white supremacy websites.
Didn't bother to do the math huh?

When people make this argument- ignoring the fact that a large majority of the population of the U.S. is white- I can't help but wonder if they're not intelligent enough to understand what proportions are... or if they're being deliberately dishonest. It's got to be some combination of one or the other- there isn't a third option here.

Take a look at my attached screenshots. Read it. Understand it. And also appreciate the beauty of Microsoft Excel while you're here. The numbers in blue are numbers from your own link. The numbers in yellow are from U.S. Census data. The rest is... math

So as you can see, Caucasians are LESS likely to be mass shooters than the population as a whole. Black people are- as usual- more likely to be mass shooters than the general population. Asians are the big surprise here, being twice as likely to mass-shoot as the general population. And props to our Latinos for being the only racial group even *less* likely to do some mass-shooting as us Caucasians!

You won't find this kind of analysis on the breathless news reporting of the latest mass shooting. Not that it isn't true... not that it's hard to understand or prove.

So why do ya'll reckon they don't report it this way?
Attached Thumbnails
"Going postal" seems to be a Caucasian sickness-table.jpg   "Going postal" seems to be a Caucasian sickness-graph1.jpg   "Going postal" seems to be a Caucasian sickness-graph2.jpg  

Last edited by turkey-head; Yesterday at 06:08 PM..

Old Yesterday, 06:10 PM

21 posts, read 2,046 times
Can anybody explain why black on white rape is so highly disproportionate to white on black rape (which is almost non-existent)?

This is the topic that sends blacks and the left into a tizzy to be ignored and never discussed. The MSM and investigative journalism have been ignoring it for years.

Old Yesterday, 06:36 PM

30 posts, read 4,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
A mass incident shooting today in Gilroy.

Has anyone noticed that perpetrators of mass shootings in the U.S. are almost exclusively white (Anglo/Caucasian) men? Any thoughts on why this is?

It is economics. Whites can afford better weapons.

Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM

22,096 posts, read 14,510,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
The graph indicates blacks are over represented as offenders. It shows blacks, who are 13% of the population committing 19% of the mass shootings. Whites, who are 62% of the population, commit 62% of the mass shootings.

There's no such thing as white supremacy anymore. One tenet of white supremacy is the domination of another race. This hasn't happened since slavery in the US or European colonization of Africa or British colonization of India. Even the most hard core racists in the US do not espouse controlling or dominating another race. The term "white supremacy" should be retired.
You and I disagree. Totally.

Old Yesterday, 10:12 PM

638 posts, read 192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Didn't bother to do the math huh?

When people make this argument- ignoring the fact that a large majority of the population of the U.S. is white- I can't help but wonder if they're not intelligent enough to understand what proportions are... or if they're being deliberately dishonest. It's got to be some combination of one or the other- there isn't a third option here.

Take a look at my attached screenshots. Read it. Understand it. And also appreciate the beauty of Microsoft Excel while you're here. The numbers in blue are numbers from your own link. The numbers in yellow are from U.S. Census data. The rest is... math

So as you can see, Caucasians are LESS likely to be mass shooters than the population as a whole. Black people are- as usual- more likely to be mass shooters than the general population. Asians are the big surprise here, being twice as likely to mass-shoot as the general population. And props to our Latinos for being the only racial group even *less* likely to do some mass-shooting as us Caucasians!

You won't find this kind of analysis on the breathless news reporting of the latest mass shooting. Not that it isn't true... not that it's hard to understand or prove.

So why do ya'll reckon they don't report it this way?
You and your danged facts are getting in the way of the OP's conclusion, shame on you.

Old Yesterday, 10:20 PM

638 posts, read 192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheInterruption View Post
Are school shootings a White European Descended Sickness?

Is violent crime in general a White European Sickness? Europeans (White ones) are responsble for the highest death tolls in human history; the Holocaust, the Eastern Front of WW2 (where white rape and genocide occured on a daily basis, MILLIONS DEAD). What about all the white-on-white murder via Stalin and Lennin? What about the Oklahoma City Bombing and the Las Vegas shooting?

C'mon you guys have killed WAAAYYY more people than any other racial group in human history. NO current FBI statistic could EVER match centuries of rape, murder and genocide. You guys are REALLY good at it! Pat yourselves on the back ;-)

*And I didn't even mention what you all did to the Native Americans or those "VIOLENT" blacks lol (maybe you think they got what they deserved)*
Man, you have really done your homework on this one. Those darned white guys who have murdered millions of people - Chairman Mao, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Saddam Hussein, Hideki Tojo, various Ayatollahs, Shaka Zulu, the North American Indians who killed and supplanted the tribes who came before them, the Africans who conquered other Africans and sold the survivors into slavery, the list goes on and on - those white guys were really bad actors, weren't they?

Old Today, 12:49 AM

18,695 posts, read 23,338,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
I just read that the shooter's first name is "Santino", not that it tells us much. Even if he were "Latino" or "Hispanic", aren't many of the people who fall into that category considered Caucasian (or otherwise identify as white)? The one thing that binds all mass shooters together, is that their wiring is faulty. Plus, firearms are a pretty inefficient way to kill large numbers of people, if that's your aim. Not wanting to give other Loonies any ideas, I'll stop right there, thank you very much.

I don't know about his name or ethnicity. I do know that he was a white supremacist. A home grown terrorist.

Random killings are more prevalent in the white, male community. So are Serial Killers.

Read any book about Social Deviance or Criminology. Or just use GOOGLE.

POC crime is mostly generated by poverty and the social conditions it causes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or