Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 07:26 AM

4 posts, read 2,983 times

Advertisements

Last year, one of my friends went on a date with some guy. She realised she wasn't interested, but he began obsessing. He was showing up at her work place, was writing to her every day (all the while giving her a big hefty load if she dared not answer him within the second), was insisting that they at least 'try it out once more', and he kept calling her a **** and a cow behind her back to everyone she knew when she turned him down for the billionth time.

It all got to the point where she reported him to the proper authorities. She was scared of him, rightfully so. And even up until a month ago, he was pulling the same stunts.

What baffles me is that, now, she is friends with the guy. She says he changed, that he is over her, that he understood, and is mad at me when I say something negative against him. She even says she overreacted when she reported him, and even met with him not too long ago for a friendly cup of coffee.

I'm terrified, I'm scared he might throw her down a hole and order her to "put on moisturizer" or something. Anyone got any advice? I'm scared it might be something pathological at this point and I really don't know what to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 07:39 AM

1,210 posts, read 887,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickypie View Post
"put on moisturizer"
What is this referring to?

Old 07-30-2019, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
What is this referring to?
To Buffalo Bill, in Silence of the Lambs. He keeps girls in a hole in his basement and orders them to put on moisturizer so that he can keep their skin after they died.

It's basically my way of saying that I am scared something bad will happen to her and that I am afraid there is some psychological issue there keeping her from seeing the danger she willingly puts herself in front of.

Old 07-30-2019, 08:32 AM

61,605 posts, read 86,931,655 times
Is she a minor? Maybe her family should know...
Do you have contact with her daily?

Old 07-30-2019, 08:39 AM

719 posts, read 427,100 times
Quote:
Last year, one of my friends went on a date with some guy. She realised she wasn't interested, but he began obsessing. He was showing up at her work place, was writing to her every day (all the while giving her a big hefty load if she dared not answer him within the second), was insisting that they at least 'try it out once more', and he kept calling her a **** and a cow behind her back to everyone she knew when she turned him down for the billionth time.

It all got to the point where she reported him to the proper authorities. She was scared of him, rightfully so. And even up until a month ago, he was pulling the same stunts.

What baffles me is that, now, she is friends with the guy. She says he changed, that he is over her, that he understood, and is mad at me when I say something negative against him. She even says she overreacted when she reported him, and even met with him not too long ago for a friendly cup of coffee.

I'm terrified, I'm scared he might throw her down a hole and order her to "put on moisturizer" or something. Anyone got any advice? I'm scared it might be something pathological at this point and I really don't know what to do.
Do you trust her?
The only thing you can do is be for there for her if she needs you. You don't need to say negative stuff about the past. maybe he really changed.

Old 07-30-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Is she a minor? Maybe her family should know...
Do you have contact with her daily?
We're both on the last legs of our twenties, I'm afraid. I doubt contacting her family would do anything good, and I'm fairly certain she wouldn't talk to me ever again. Which is something I would want to avoid considering how worried I am.

I do talk to her daily, though.

Old 07-30-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohangr View Post
Do you trust her?
The only thing you can do is be for there for her if she needs you. You don't need to say negative stuff about the past. maybe he really changed.
I would agree that change is possible only if some time had gone by.

He was still after her a month ago, and he followed her into work and began telling her coworkers that she was a tease, that she was leading him on. They had to call the security guards to get him out.

I only said something negative when she mentionned that, a few days ago, he began asking her friends if she was seeing another guy. I said that with his "i follow you to the office" stunt and his "is she dating anyone" stunt, that she should be careful.

And she told me to stop being a Negative Nancy and that he was a good guy and to stop going against their friendship.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:24 AM

719 posts, read 427,100 times
Quote:
I would agree that change is possible only if some time had gone by.

He was still after her a month ago, and he followed her into work and began telling her coworkers that she was a tease, that she was leading him on. They had to call the security guards to get him out.

I only said something negative when she mentionned that, a few days ago, he began asking her friends if she was seeing another guy. I said that with his "i follow you to the office" stunt and his "is she dating anyone" stunt, that she should be careful.

And she told me to stop being a Negative Nancy and that he was a good guy and to stop going against their friendship.
I understand that you are worried about your friend, but you just have to trust her. Not him. :P
If you show her mistrust there may come a point when she wants to talk to you and won't be able because she may think you will judge her.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:44 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,090,109 times
There is really nothing you can do or say.

My ex was abusive and THANK GOD my BFF was abusive right back to him. She saved my life.

I know that doesn't make any sense.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:01 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,718,103 times
Quote:
To Buffalo Bill, in Silence of the Lambs. He keeps girls in a hole in his basement and orders them to put on moisturizer so that he can keep their skin after they died.

It's basically my way of saying that I am scared something bad will happen to her and that I am afraid there is some psychological issue there keeping her from seeing the danger she willingly puts herself in front of.
Actually it is "lotion" (for the sale of reference). "It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does so or it gets the hose"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology