U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM

32,001 posts, read 20,169,090 times

Advertisements

No one can help you but you, and you aren't willing to.

Instead of wanting it all, pick one thing on your list that is the easiest to attain, and do that. If you can't, then just give up on the rest. If you do attain it, move on to the next thing.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM

79,123 posts, read 71,106,659 times
Forget about Sylvester Stallone, James Bond, nice cars, and all that nonsense. The important thing isn't what you are on the outside, but on the inside. Apparently you're a good person, because you had a lot of friends in high school. Where you went wrong, is that you didn't study seriously in university.

So the question is: what can you do to correct this error you made, of wasting your university education? Maybe you didn't choose a course of study that interested you enough? Is there a way to go back to university, or find another training program, where you could learn skills and get a profession? That's what your goal should be. Perhaps you could train for a profession under someone?

Do you have any idea in concrete, specific terms, of what type of work you'd like to do? What type of profession you want? That's what you should be focussing on right now. Forget diets, working out/exercising, etc. Those are superficial things.You need to figure out where your talents lie, and how to make the most of them.

In what subjects did you excel in high school? How do you like to spend your free time? What skills do you have? Music? Art? Technology? Business? Teaching? Engineering? Tourism? Wine-making? Advertising/marketing? Stop dreaming about being James Bond with a fancy car, and start thinking in practical terms.

Old Today, 01:12 AM

7 posts, read 293 times
Thank you to you all people. you are all amazing!

Yes I am the only child of my family. So its Saturday 11:00 AM and i will start some street workout from today, not from Monday. i will take the first step from now. I hope something will change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Forget about Sylvester Stallone, James Bond, nice cars, and all that nonsense. The important thing isn't what you are on the outside, but on the inside. Apparently you're a good person, because you had a lot of friends in high school. Where you went wrong, is that you didn't study seriously in university.

So the question is: what can you do to correct this error you made, of wasting your university education? Maybe you didn't choose a course of study that interested you enough? Is there a way to go back to university, or find another training program, where you could learn skills and get a profession? That's what your goal should be. Perhaps you could train for a profession under someone?

Do you have any idea in concrete, specific terms, of what type of work you'd like to do? What type of profession you want?That's what you should be focussing on right now. Forget diets, working out/exercising, etc. Those are superficial things.You need to figure out where your talents lie, and how to make the most of them.

In what subjects did you excel in high school? How do you like to spend your free time? What skills do you have? Music? Art? Technology? Business? Teaching? Engineering? Tourism? Wine-making? Advertising/marketing? Stop dreaming about being James Bond with a fancy car, and start thinking in practical terms.
Yes, I made a mistake when i quit university. and i will tell why. at school i was good at History, Geography, Art(I am not a good painter or a good singer or smth like that but i love good music, especially old ones) and the university's program was Tourism. i was bad at maths and thats why I choose Tourism, but guess what second lecture was Math's lecture but that was not a real point. at that time in 2016 i was working and started university too. I had a girlfriend that time and on the first week i was like Work/University/Home-University/Work/Home in this schedule and i didn't have time to meet my girlfriend. So I said to myself that i would quit university for sometime before i will start something good micro-business and then nothing happened. I quit job after like 7 months. started drinking 5-6 liters of beer a day, then beer and vodka. So I Mod cut. my life. Also, my girlfriend left me 6 months ago too after 3.5 year relationship, said i was not one with whom she would be rest of her life

Quote:
Do you have any idea in concrete, specific terms, of what type of work you'd like to do? What type of profession you want?
You know, i want to be a Real Estate Agent, i am good at talking and i can make people to do what i want to do(not 100% of course but about 70-80%). Also, i know my city, Tbilisi very well. because when I am depressed i take my headphones and mobile and walk 10-11 kms a day in my city. i know the history's of building when how and who built it and so on. but problem is i have lack of confidence and i am afraid to fail. And in my country you don't need a license to be a Real Estate Agent, just take houses from real estate web-sites call to the owners and then upload it on your user and advertise it. thats all and people make good money there and I am sure that i could be better then them but i have some stupid fears.

Last edited by PJSaturn; Today at 09:38 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old Today, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambitious_Man View Post

[b]You know, i want to be a Real Estate Agent, i am good at talking and i can make people to do what i want to do(not 100% of course but about 70-80%). Also, i know my city, Tbilisi very well. because when I am depressed i take my headphones and mobile and walk 10-11 kms a day in my city. i know the history's of building when how and who built it and so on. but problem is i have lack of confidence and i am afraid to fail. And in my country you don't need a license to be a Real Estate Agent, just take houses from real estate web-sites call to the owners and then upload it on your user and advertise it. thats all and people make good money there and I am sure that i could be better then them but i have some stupid fears.
This is not a good idea. Being a RE agent is all about math. It's about math and bureaucracy, arranging paperwork for people, contracts and other documents. It also means, your clients will need to have access to you 'round the clock, 7 days/week, one your business gets going and you you're busy with quite a few clients. You will be chained to your phone. You need to know a little about real estate (property) law; you need to be sure that the people selling their apartment actually have documented, undisputed ownership of the property.

Tourism was actually a good choice, since you enjoy history and geography, and enjoy talking with people, sharing your knowledge. Perhaps you could consider getting some math tutoring, or could take a remedial math course. You shouldn't allow this obstacle to hold you back in life.

Another option for you, would be to work in a museum. I've noticed, that in your part of the world, it's not always necessary to have a diploma in art history, to get a museum job (or it didn't used to be), though in the capital, it might be. Perhaps a regional museum would be a possibility or an outdoor museum that shows the traditional way of life going back thousands of years. Maybe you could start a museum together with someone.

So, once you quit the university, there's no chance to go back?

Old Today, 09:00 AM

7 posts, read 293 times
Quote:
This is not a good idea. Being a RE agent is all about math. It's about math and bureaucracy, arranging paperwork for people, contracts and other documents. It also means, your clients will need to have access to you 'round the clock, 7 days/week, one your business gets going and you you're busy with quite a few clients. You will be chained to your phone. You need to know a little about real estate (property) law; you need to be sure that the people selling their apartment actually have documented, undisputed ownership of the property.

Tourism was actually a good choice, since you enjoy history and geography, and enjoy talking with people, sharing your knowledge. Perhaps you could consider getting some math tutoring, or could take a remedial math course. You shouldn't allow this obstacle to hold you back in life.

Another option for you, would be to work in a museum. I've noticed, that in your part of the world, it's not always necessary to have a diploma in art history, to get a museum job (or it didn't used to be), though in the capital, it might be. Perhaps a regional museum would be a possibility or an outdoor museum that shows the traditional way of life going back thousands of years. Maybe you could start a museum together with someone.

So, once you quit the university, there's no chance to go back?
Are you live in USA? wow its very hard to be RE agent there. In Georgia i will tell you what it means:

1.There are 3-4 RE sites in Georgia. You have to register there as a user
2.Search for properties and call there owners, if they say yes that i want your help then you will take there statement and upload it on your user with your number and then you will advertise it on that site which costs very cheap(The owners doesn't know that because, most of them are older and they are not very good at techniques. then advertise it on facebook and so on
3.When someone calls you and is interested to buy/rent that property, you will take him/her to that house and if they buy you'll get 2-3% percent and if they rent you'll get 50%/100% of one month.

Thats all. and especially you don't need any license to start that job. there is one big company in Georgia and have that business and now they are millioners

Yes I can get back to university but it will cost some good amount of money.

Well I plan to go to the USA, my uncle and aunt live there for about 13 years already and they are citizens of US. If I will win Green Card, I would happily go there get some trainings and start job. I am inlove with my beautiful country and I am a true patriot, but there is not big perspective here, because of Russias influence. They will never let Georgia to become part of European Union and NATO. and i am very sad that this beautiful little heaven would be always slave of this gigant.

But these are plans, first of all i have to pay all bank credits which i have, and get some money to go to the USA.

Old Today, 10:06 AM

7 posts, read 293 times
thank you for complimenting my motherland. I am glad that foreign people know about our traditions,cultures and nature. I love it too. but living here most of times means drinking every other day 4 liters of wine and 5-6 liters of beer with 1 liter vodka. plus low paid jobs and main thing air polution is a disaster. young people die from cancer everyday

You know US's 20 years old citizen looks like a 14 years old Georgian. 30 years old US - 20 yo Georgian and after that is absolutely horror. in our country 40 years old man is like 79 yo American.

It is very stressful situation in Georgia in spite of 20 years ago it was like a post apocalyptic country and now it at least looks like near to normal, but we have much to do. Soviet Union throwed us back for about 50 years. We are in the position where the USA and Europe was in 60s, 70s. this man Stalin who was born in Georgia and whose ethnicy is Georgian doomed his homeland for that. heh i went to the history from pshycological problems.

Old Today, 02:55 PM

375 posts, read 147,388 times
You write English very well and are good at communicating. That is a talent many people do not have, being good in a second language.

I am retired now but when I was your age I always had goals I was aiming at: short term and longer term. I met my spouse and he was like me, goal-oriented. Together we started a successful business with no money given to us. We were poor and happy until we started becoming more successful. Many of our friends were more successful with money, many years before we were. But we believed in ourselves and continued with our goals.

You may need to try different careers until you find the right one for you.
The most important thing is keep trying and don't be afraid of failing. Failing is important.
If you don't fail you aren't reaching high enough. Learn from failure, it can be the best teacher.

Start now, even if it is a small thing. Get up early and do the thing that you think is the most important for your future.
Be careful who your friends are. Do they make you better or worse?
Be around successful people, not losers.
Observe how successful people run their life. Not how much money they spend, observe how they MAKE their money.

In our business we learned that we had to offer something people could not get anywhere else for less money.
If you have a service or a business that offers that to people you will be successful.
We took classes to get better and learn better business techniques.

Something we heard at a business class was: When people ask you "How is business?" you must always say "Great" even if you are thinking "I wish I had some business."
Don't drive a better car than your customers.
Don't have a nicer house than your customers (that can come later).
Work harder than other people.

Love what you do and you will have a happy life. Money isn't everything in life.

Old Today, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambitious_Man View Post
thank you for complimenting my motherland. I am glad that foreign people know about our traditions,cultures and nature. I love it too. but living here most of times means drinking every other day 4 liters of wine and 5-6 liters of beer with 1 liter vodka. plus low paid jobs and main thing air polution is a disaster. young people die from cancer everyday

You know US's 20 years old citizen looks like a 14 years old Georgian. 30 years old US - 20 yo Georgian and after that is absolutely horror. in our country 40 years old man is like 79 yo American.

It is very stressful situation in Georgia in spite of 20 years ago it was like a post apocalyptic country and now it at least looks like near to normal, but we have much to do. Soviet Union throwed us back for about 50 years. We are in the position where the USA and Europe was in 60s, 70s. this man Stalin who was born in Georgia and whose ethnicy is Georgian doomed his homeland for that. heh i went to the history from pshycological problems.
Don't think that coming to the US will solve all your problems. It could only make them worse. You should try to get back into university at home.

I read a book once, about a Bulgarian who won a green card/visa to the US, but when he arrived, even though he was an engineer or some other sort of professional, he couldn't get a job, and ended up driving a taxicab. America can chew you up and spit you out, if you're not prepared. You'll need a university degree. Or you can work in a Georgian restaurant or bakery without a degree for the rest of your life. Is that the life you want? And by the way, working in a restaurant doesn't pay the rent in places like New York and San Francisco or Seattle, where many of the Georgians are.

Old Today, 08:05 PM

22,133 posts, read 14,542,562 times
I like the idea of choosing one thing and becoming the best you can be in that. Or, choose two things. But focus your attention on that one or two things and work at mastering them. You like music. Can you play an instrument? Focus on improving there, or if you don't play, maybe look into becoming a DJ.

You have indicated that you are willing to do physical training. Lots of guys do that, and I think it gives them confidence. When you get really good at doing something, it tends to improve your confidence in general.

You write English well for a non native speaker, so I want to commend you for learning that. If you decide you want to improve your English writing and comprehension, then I recommend reading more English!

Whatever you decide, just work at it until you have mastery. If you discover that you really don't want mastery of something you have started to study, then it is OK to stop and find something else. But if you do this too many times, you'll end up nowhere.

Good luck on your person journey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or