U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 04:17 PM

1,958 posts, read 357,788 times

Advertisements

Hitchhiking all over New York State on the weekends to escape the boredom of boarding school life.

This was in the early seventies and we thought we were SO COOL. Instead, it just indicated that we were SO STUPID
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 06:58 PM

5,102 posts, read 2,348,669 times
I was a call girl for years.

One of my regulars was a city administrator in a different department than the department that my dad was an administrator of.

I figured it out first. Guys who say 'I work for the city' are always nervous clients, either because they are 1. Very high profile city execs, admins, etc ... Or: 2. Because they are cops. I have never encountered an on-duty cop while I was a working girl but I have encountered quite a few off-duty ones & they all act the same!

This guy was too old & out of shape, he had 'administration' written all over him. Since I used to meet my dad downtown for lunch all the time, I figured I'd better just put it out on the table. Poor guy; he turned pale! He was okay before I left though ...

Another one of my clients was a good friend of my little sisters while we were in high-school. All of our moms still went to daily mass together. That time he realized it first; kept saying ... 'Where do I know you from?'

I live in the biggest small town in the world; Colorado Springs. Hard to keep a secret here but I did alright. To this day though, when someone says; "Wow, you look SO familiar ... where do I know you from?" I'm like, "Uh, nowhere! Nobody knows me, bye!"

Old 08-03-2019, 09:04 PM

5,871 posts, read 8,648,200 times
Nothing really bad. A good amount of speeding and small number of reckless driving events. Running through toll booths without paying the toll. A little vandalism of street/road signs. I drank like a fish as a teenager, later part of high school. Cut some classes and played hooky once, and got a bunch of detentions for various things the last two years of high school. All of this went either undetected, or unaddressed. I got away with quite a few things, but none of them were terribly major.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I was a call girl for years.

One of my regulars was a city administrator in a different department than the department that my dad was an administrator of.

I figured it out first. Guys who say 'I work for the city' are always nervous clients, either because they are 1. Very high profile city execs, admins, etc ... Or: 2. Because they are cops. I have never encountered an on-duty cop while I was a working girl but I have encountered quite a few off-duty ones & they all act the same!

This guy was too old & out of shape, he had 'administration' written all over him. Since I used to meet my dad downtown for lunch all the time, I figured I'd better just put it out on the table. Poor guy; he turned pale! He was okay before I left though ...

Another one of my clients was a good friend of my little sisters while we were in high-school. All of our moms still went to daily mass together. That time he realized it first; kept saying ... 'Where do I know you from?'

I live in the biggest small town in the world; Colorado Springs. Hard to keep a secret here but I did alright. To this day though, when someone says; "Wow, you look SO familiar ... where do I know you from?" I'm like, "Uh, nowhere! Nobody knows me, bye!"
That's one of the more amazing stories in this thread. Mine is small potatoes in comparison!

Old 08-03-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon1 View Post
Hitchhiking all over New York State on the weekends to escape the boredom of boarding school life.

This was in the early seventies and we thought we were SO COOL. Instead, it just indicated that we were SO STUPID
I remember all the hitchhikers back then. It was very common. Sometimes it was just for a short distance, but other times they held up signs saying the distant place they wanted to go. I never hitchhiked myself, but when I went to high school in the late 1970s, I used to pick up guys from my school who were hitchhiking to get home after school, even if I didn't know them well. I never picked up any other hitchhikers. Today, I never see any hitchhiking. I haven't seen it in a couple of decades, at least.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:19 PM

1,533 posts, read 560,731 times
When I was early teens, the cousins would come over, we’d sneak out for a cigarette. A little older and we’d sample the adults booze, but I didn’t like the taste.

I was a pretty straight kid, didn’t smoke pot in high school and didn’t like beer. Plenty of my friends would sneak off to get high during football games and guzzle beer. That really seems so tame now. I did skip school a few times in high school. Our favorite teacher knew, but he always excused us. When I was college age, I did talk my mom into trying pot. She was a teacher, but she was also artsy and kind of a free spirit underneath all that.

Old 08-04-2019, 02:17 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,751,209 times
I lied about passing all my classes on my former college and my father kept paying for nothing. My father would then request to see the grades and I would make false transcripts.

They never found out till this day. If they did then I would have been withdrawn immediately and possibly required to pay his money back. I ended up changing majors and this time pay my own classes and graduated in hotel management by Dec. 2015. However, I'm not working on my field yet. Ironically I passed all my classes with high grades when I pay my own tuition.

Old 08-04-2019, 05:42 AM

2,173 posts, read 1,718,886 times
Other than that one time when I took that very long shower when I was fifteen....can't think of anything else.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:30 AM

12,912 posts, read 14,194,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
Not a thing I would mention on a public forum. Most stuff I did my parents figured it out sooner or later. .....
Sheesh, yeah. I am prolix, but there is some stuff that I would execute as soon as it reached the tip of my tongue.

The run-of-the-mill stuff: I hid teenage underage drinking, smoking for a long time, and regular sex with my girlfriend, and earlier some sex with guys in Jr. High...it was the Fifties, these were offenses that got you a good beating or several or worse.

Parents, hell - Post-university there was the stuff that the Law would have been interested in during those years. But the veils of decency, common sense and self-preservation obscure the details.

Old 08-04-2019, 07:02 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,211,335 times
The majority of my friends from my teen years have long since died or have spent decades in prison. My parents didn’t want to know what I was involved in back then and they died never knowing, thank god. Wasted youth. I was very lucky, never arrested and realized by age 20 I had to drastically change my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or