Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 04:17 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,109,373 times

Advertisements

Well the topic title seems to fully describe my topic with no further ado except I guess I'm expected to be a tequila Sheila and so here is the dirt on Lovehound (who is a man).

1. In my teens I discovered my dad kept his condoms in, yes, that closet! Well Hell, I borrowed some of them from time to time and I like to think that if my dad ever found out he would at least gasp in approval that his son would have no unscheduled deliveries lol!

2. For a short period in my mid-20s I moved back home (I caught a layoff, lost my apartment) but ran back to employment and my own apt again within... a few weeks... I was smoking tobacco then, and my parents didn't know (yeah, right, I wasn't delusional, they knew but they figured son is an adult) so a few times I stank of tobacco in my 20s living with my mom 'n dad. LOL that was decades ago. Thankfully I finally quit in my early 30s. I'm pretty sure my parents realized that last time I totally quit tobacco, I'm sure they wet to Heaven knowing I had quit tobacco forever, and I'm thankful I gave my parents that comfort, that their son had turned to a healthier life. (I'm a fitness buff these days, almost a gym rat.)

OMG I'm awed by what my parents put up with, with me, and also awed so much that I'm certain if they were here now to chat with me they would express happiness that I have adhered to what they told their son. Perhaps "growing up" means realizing your parents were always right, were right from your beginning (birth) and probably right long after they have departed. (That's my situation.)

So please gimme the dirt gang! What was/is the worst thing you ever got away with while you were (or are) young (or living with your parents), and give us the details/entertainment of how you ** it LOL!

So I hope this will be a fun ("gimme the dirt") topic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 05:06 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
Welcome back LH!

Old 08-02-2019, 05:43 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,765,810 times
You think I'm gonna put that in writing?

Old 08-02-2019, 05:45 PM

1,210 posts, read 887,776 times
Tried cocaine and magic mushrooms
Drove drunk (never got busted)
Had sex with a 14 year old girl (when I was 17) and a 15 year old (when I was 18). Never got busted.
Got caught with weed in Ensenada Mexico (bribed the Federale officer and was let go)
Shoplifted as a teenager never got busted

Old 08-02-2019, 06:08 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
OMG...I was staying over at MaryBeth's...but really we crossed several state lines to
go to the Newport Jazz Festival...
esp since our ride's car filled up with 'who knows who' ...so we missed our planned ride to Woodstock.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
Tried cocaine and magic mushrooms
Drove drunk (never got busted)
Had sex with a 14 year old girl (when I was 17) and a 15 year old (when I was 18). Never got busted.
Got caught with weed in Ensenada Mexico (bribed the Federale officer and was let go)
Shoplifted as a teenager never got busted
My kinda guy!!!

Old 08-02-2019, 06:16 PM

Well, I got away with it for VERY long time, does that count?
2 Tuedays a month we had a party at my house in High School.
The Absentee List became very long on those 2 Tues.

Then someone blabbed to an idiot that wasn't invited and he told the Principle.
Sure I almost got expelled but that was only #2...needed 3.
My Dad never told my mom....she would blame him and you know what that meant...
no sex for awhile! He was very cool.
He was a bit impressed....later, he laughed when he wanted a drink
during a Football game ...and it was water instead of Vodka.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:34 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Spent half my childhood in um... some would say.. ghetto-ish... and then the latter half of my childhood in middle class. Parents were immigrants to this fine country and it took a while to get on their feet. Parents never knew that I still hung out with my ol'group of friends which they didn't approve of.... still friends with them today and my now 80 year old-ish parents still don't know.

Through that group I also met my first real serious relationship. We were together for a while and it was one of those relationships that felt like a fun roller coaster ride.. you got off and thought "what's next!". She wasn't the type that my parents could easily accept and she knew that.... For starters, she was already a single mother of 2 and worked "unconventional jobs". We lived together, played/cared for her kids and thought about getting married for a while... didn't work out because she was done with kids and i wanted my own. Parents never knew that story of my life.... We are still very close friends today.. two decades later...

Then there's....

I did drugs; mostly molly and pot (still do pot occasionally). Tried coke.. didn't like it.
Drove drunk a number of times
Went joy riding in a stolen car.. Friend wanted to prove he could steal one. (we left it down the street from the owner's home)
Spent a few nights in jail for various stuff.. mostly minor stuff... never charged..
Skipped a semester of college... easy to cover up when you are paying your own way. Lived with my GF during that time.

Oh forgot.... more recent... My wife and I separated a little while ago but on amicable terms working things out. We chose not to tell them. They visited recently and we just played the part. I'm pretty sure my father figured it out but at his age he probably just wanted to spend time with his three grandchildren.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:41 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times
Not a thing I would mention on a public forum. Most stuff I did my parents figured it out sooner or later.

Funniest one that I can recall-my parents owned a neighborhood type bar about 30 minutes away. They worked Friday and Saturday nights. I knew they wouldn't be home until 3:30 am or so most weekends so I would go out with my friends and stay out much later than I was supposed to. One night, about 2:30 am, I'm a block from home and get stuck by a train. Mom and Dad closed down early that night and pulled up behind me. I was sitting there sweating at what had to be the longest train in history. They weren't happy that night.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:57 AM

10,113 posts, read 19,394,180 times
My then boyfriend spent Spring Break with me in my dorm Room at MSU! If they'd found out I would have been withdrawn from school and probably sent to a covenant (hey, we weren't even Catholic!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology