U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 11:38 AM

336 posts, read 194,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Oh wow. That's some good context, and it does sound like he has developed "too nice" as a self preservation mechanism.
Yes, under the four coping mechanisms for dealing with stress and other things, he would fall under the Fawn category.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:19 PM

1,316 posts, read 307,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
In my experience, "being too nice" has definitely brought out undesired attention such as users, mean-spirited "misery loves company" types. Basically people who either think "How could you be so nice in this world?" They probably come to the conclusion that the nice person has no life experience and has had everything handed to them when in reality, the nice person has struggled just like everyone else, they just have come to a place where they can actually be kind and not be bitter about their past.
Ita......*everyone* has had struggles in their lives......they just learn & grow from it.....& don't go through life with a chip on their shoulder..........

The people that do have a chip on their shoulder....can't understand why another is being nice....so they see it as fake.............

Old Today, 01:17 PM

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCT2019 View Post
I'm a 21 year old male.

I've been told by multiple people my whole life that I am too nice. They say it like it's a bad thing. People have told me, "I like you, but you are too nice." "You are way too nice." I'm told by multiple people that I am extremely polite and that I am one of the sweetest most kindest guys they've ever met. However, people have also told me that I should not be too nice.

I am honestly just being myself.

Why is being too nice a bad thing?
Because Americans are toxic. America is a hate country, a hate culture. Americans are violent in their hearts and expect everyone to hate one another, stay completely out of everyone else's lives, be a stranger, stay a stranger, and mind their own business. America is a divided culture, a nation of division. This is an individualist country!

You also may not be aware, but it's actually a capital felony under Federal law in the United States to talk to strangers unless it is strictly business-related. Investigated by the FBI, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the U.S. Marshals, the U.S. Supreme Court, and with a sentence of three hundred (300) years to life in Federal prison and/or the death penalty for all involved.

Old Today, 02:41 PM

1,644 posts, read 761,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapyabroad View Post
Because Americans are toxic. America is a hate country, a hate culture. Americans are violent in their hearts and expect everyone to hate one another, stay completely out of everyone else's lives, be a stranger, stay a stranger, and mind their own business. America is a divided culture, a nation of division. This is an individualist country!

You also may not be aware, but it's actually a capital felony under Federal law in the United States to talk to strangers unless it is strictly business-related. Investigated by the FBI, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the U.S. Marshals, the U.S. Supreme Court, and with a sentence of three hundred (300) years to life in Federal prison and/or the death penalty for all involved.
Well, well ... as a new poster, you appear to be searching out threads where you can shoehorn in your personal axe to grind.

Your foot must hurt. This was the wrong shoe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or