U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 04:14 PM

334 posts, read 1,014,031 times

Advertisements

I learned a long time ago, go inside and keep an eye on the food and the people making it. If you can't see it, eat elsewhere. Definitely don't go through the drive-thru.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 04:16 PM

451 posts, read 586,189 times
My wife is a die-hard drive-through user. I am a die-hard “go inside” kinda guy.

On a related note, when I moved to California to Texas, it was strange that walk-up ATMs were so rare. In California, a drive-through ATM was the exception, not the rule.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:32 PM

3,791 posts, read 1,477,450 times
"What does everybody think?"

1. dogs in the back.
2. children in car seats.
3. cutie server at window.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:45 PM

1,003 posts, read 282,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity2019 View Post
I like exercise and it is regularly part of my life, maybe that's why I think it would be good to get out of the cars and walk in and out to order. It may be people are very lazy. What does everybody think? Laughing at chick fil a on the southeast coast....
I'd save more calories by not going out for fast food than the 10 (maybe, perhaps less) that I'll burn by walking 20 feet across a parking lot...

And, sometimes when the drive-through is slow, so is the inside. There's still only one kitchen. Many is the time I've seen a long drive-through line and gone in instead... I just stand in line inside for 20 minutes instead. (I save the gas, though.)

Old 08-05-2019, 05:08 PM

4,087 posts, read 1,757,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grjr View Post
A lot, if not most, businesses (don't know about Chick-Fil-A specifically) prioritize the drive through over the inside customers so it might end up taking longer to go inside. I know for a fact that McDonald's does this.

Besides, the drive through line at Chick-Fil-A usually goes faster than most.
Starbucks does this as well. I go through the drive through on workdays and on the weekend I will go in. It never takes me more than 10-15 minutes to get through the drive through even when it is busy. The last time I went inside, it took me 20 minutes to get through the line and get my order because they’d forgotten a part of it. I know at the local Chick Fil A and Portillos, they have people helping with the drive through line. The inside at Portillos can take 30 minutes just to get to the front of the line!

Old 08-05-2019, 05:14 PM

75 posts, read 29,762 times
Chick-fil-A ‘s parking is the problem
If you park,when you want to leave, all the cars in the drive thru block you from leaving
I have seen this flawed layout across the county
That’s why I usually use drive thru.

Old 08-05-2019, 08:10 PM

12 posts, read 1,378 times
Thanks for the replies. I have new insights now why some people use the drive through. I'm just a guy inside type person like a couple people here, but I respect those that stay in their cars, and now see some reasons why.

Old 08-05-2019, 09:33 PM

150 posts, read 26,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity2019 View Post
I really like Chick fil A, and I always laugh when the line is super long at chick fil a in the drive thru and people just sit in it still, and choose not to go in to order and take out. I always 95% of the time, go in especially if the line is long at the drive thru. I start to think the people are very lazy, but I know there may be other reasons. I like exercise and it is regularly part of my life, maybe that's why I think it would be good to get out of the cars and walk in and out to order. It may be people are very lazy. What does everybody think? Laughing at chick fil a on the southeast coast....
I know it might be easier for anyone with a family to stay in the car, but I always get out of the car and run in. The more we move, the better, and I usually find it is quicker too. It's also easier to check the order.

Old 08-05-2019, 09:38 PM

32,101 posts, read 20,212,549 times
Drive throughs are there for a reason, why would I judge people for using them?

I've never had Chik-fil-a in my life, should I mock you for eating there?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old Yesterday, 01:01 AM

7,380 posts, read 3,060,573 times
Can't believe this bothers/mystifies anyone to the point they create a web forum thread about it. Or, that it needs to be explained to them. Even worse, that I replied to it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or