U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 05:47 PM

3,733 posts, read 1,908,987 times

Advertisements

I only go thru the drive-thru at Chickfila when there isn't any parking places, which happens a LOT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 11:33 AM

3,685 posts, read 938,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
I only go thru the drive-thru at Chickfila when there isn't any parking places, which happens a LOT.
We actually have parking spaces roped off so no one tries to park there DUE TO so many people choosing the drive-thru.

Old 08-08-2019, 05:37 PM

5,509 posts, read 2,809,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
Because I like to talk to Jack

LMAO The Jack in the Box where I go has two large lit boards for their menu. The speaker is on the second board. They have a large, dark garbage can with a swinging lid between the boards.

I can't begin to tell you how many times I've driven up and given my order to the garbage can. So much for talking to Jack (I'm the queen of the slow learners).

One of the reasons I end up in the drive through all the time is because I'm a night owl and I'm always looking for something to eat between 2am and 5am. We have two Jack in the Boxes, A McDonald's, and a Subway open all night long and a Taco Bell open till 3am. But just their drive-thrus are open, not the store itself. We also have a Subway with a drive-thru open a little further away and I like to go there because I don't feel obliged to give a tip at a drive-thru.

Old 08-09-2019, 05:05 AM
Status: ""making all of his nowhere plans for nobody..."" (set 10 hours ago)

7,540 posts, read 4,530,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity2019 View Post
I gotta believe some people are lazy.
Some folks have mobility issues. Others have social anxiety among other valid reasons for not going inside.

Old 08-09-2019, 05:22 AM

5,742 posts, read 4,271,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity2019 View Post
I really like Chick fil A, and I always laugh when the line is super long at chick fil a in the drive thru and people just sit in it still, and choose not to go in to order and take out. I always 95% of the time, go in especially if the line is long at the drive thru. I start to think the people are very lazy, but I know there may be other reasons. I like exercise and it is regularly part of my life, maybe that's why I think it would be good to get out of the cars and walk in and out to order. It may be people are very lazy. What does everybody think? Laughing at chick fil a on the southeast coast....
I prefer going in regardless... 'they always ********* in the drive thru' (forgot what movie that line was from..

People generally go thru the drive thru because they are in a hurry, not because they are lazy. People that are truly lazy would simply order delivery......

Obviously when the drive thru is wrapped around the building it would be faster to go inside, but Chick Fil A is an exception to the rule. I still go inside most of the time but I don't mind getting in the drive thru line at Chick Fil A even if its wrapped around the building because Chick Fil A knows how to do it and you can get thru a Chick Fil A line wrapped around the building just as fast as you can inside. At least the Chick Fil A's in my area.

Old 08-10-2019, 01:11 AM

3,894 posts, read 2,202,922 times
I do not eat much fast food because I stopped consuming soy and processed foods. Fast food has too many objectionable items in their food.

Before I stopped consuming those toxic items, I would go inside and eat in the restaurant about 80% of the time, and do drive thru 20%. It really depends on the place.

Sandwich places like Subway do not have drive thrus so if I went to Subway, that changed the balance of the equation.

The one downside about eating inside fast food places are the unsavory characters often inside. In some places, it is worse than others. Los Angeles is worst city I've ever experienced for this. I recall some incidents at McDonald's and Jack in the Box where homeless people would come in, creep out everyone, and managers had to throw them out. This occurred at fast food places in ever nicer Los Angeles area neighborhoods. That's the primary case for using the drive thru.

Old Today, 02:23 AM

1,660 posts, read 764,484 times
I've never been to a Chik-Fil-A specifically, but I always prefer eating at the restaurant itself over using the drive-thru or getting take-out or delivery. If I'm paying money for the meal, I want to absorb the atmosphere of the restaurant - even if it's just a normal fast-food joint - instead of just eating in my car or apartment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or