U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:51 PM

12 posts, read 678 times

Advertisements

I really like Chick fil A, and I always laugh when the line is super long at chick fil a in the drive thru and people just sit in it still, and choose not to go in to order and take out. I always 95% of the time, go in especially if the line is long at the drive thru. I start to think the people are very lazy, but I know there may be other reasons. I like exercise and it is regularly part of my life, maybe that's why I think it would be good to get out of the cars and walk in and out to order. It may be people are very lazy. What does everybody think? Laughing at chick fil a on the southeast coast....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:56 PM

808 posts, read 171,998 times
There are reasons why people prefer the drive through at Fil A Chick: They can continue listening to the radio, talk on the phone, remain seated, and kind of relax. They've performed mental analysis to determine which path feels better. or which is worth the time And, plenty of people do park and go inside.

Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM

22,691 posts, read 24,283,296 times
Also parents with kids find it easier to keep everyone in the car to wait for their Happy Meal, rather than trying to wrangle small children through the parking lot and into the store.

Or, they could be wearing their pajamas and don't want to have to confront the public in their comfy pants.

Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM

6,815 posts, read 2,462,375 times
Never mind. Others said what I was going to say.

Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM

43,653 posts, read 42,257,113 times
All of the above, plus it's safer. I'm in my nice curated environment in my car and not surrounded by annoying people inside who don't know how to order etc.

I view my time in the drive-thru as a break.

Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM

12 posts, read 678 times
I gotta believe some people are lazy. I see single people or people by themselves rollin through the drive thru too! No babies in sight! You might miss this is you did not go in ! Most always the people in Chick fil A are very nice people....

https://video.foxnews.com/v/58090988...#sp=show-clips

Old Yesterday, 02:17 PM

22,691 posts, read 24,283,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity2019 View Post
I gotta believe some people are lazy.
So what? The whole purpose of a drive through is that you don't have to get out of your car to get your food.

Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM

43,653 posts, read 42,257,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity2019 View Post

I gotta believe some people are lazy.
So is that actually why you started this thread?

Why are solo drivers not justified to go through the drive-thru? Why does it have to now be a character flaw?

I can watch all the sweet Chick-fil-A videos I want in my car on my phone .

Old Yesterday, 02:40 PM

1,231 posts, read 819,102 times
I prefer the drive thru because I could listen to my music, text my family and friends and just be alone. I don’t look at it as laziness and if I’m picking up larger orders I prefer to go inside and order.

Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM

192 posts, read 243,871 times
A lot, if not most, businesses (don't know about Chick-Fil-A specifically) prioritize the drive through over the inside customers so it might end up taking longer to go inside. I know for a fact that McDonald's does this.

Besides, the drive through line at Chick-Fil-A usually goes faster than most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or