U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:51 AM

8,056 posts, read 5,119,382 times

Advertisements

Worst: my birth (fortunately I have no recollections thereof).
Best: still waiting (lest I be branded a pessimist).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM

70 posts, read 20,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Worst: my birth (fortunately I have no recollections thereof).
Best: still waiting (lest I be branded a pessimist).
Same for me,

are you an antinatalist?

Old Yesterday, 12:54 PM

4,552 posts, read 4,348,910 times
Best moment: Getting married
Worst moment: When my wife decided she was leaving me. That worst moment lasted years for me, while the wedding day and honeymoon was just 10 days.

Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM

710 posts, read 194,322 times
This moment right now is bad since some people don't understand what the word "moment" means, and give entire life seasons as a moment- UGH!

Seriously though:

Best moment: no mom could choose between the birth of two angels straight from God, so tie between 6/20/98 at 2:30 pm and 4/19/03 at 10:29am

Worst moment: wasn't one moment exactly, but more like an hour or so from 1-2 pm on 5/12/17, when cops were looking for the 6/20/03 daughter mentioned above to prevent her from killing herself and no one knew where she was, only that she was likely gone. By the grace of God, she is ok, but I will never ever be the same again- sort of PTSD type symptoms for the 2 years since

Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM

6 posts, read 565 times
best day - Finding out I passed my radiology certification exam with flying colors, when I was sure I had failed it! The reward for all the hard work and suffering I had to go thru for it, and during the training - a divorce, my ex exploiting my daughter, my mom almost dying of depression/starvation. I already had a job lined up. Now, I could buy a house of my own to raise my daughter in!

worst day - 4 years later when my mom died of pancreatic cancer. She hid the fact that she had it. She didn't want chemotherapy. She wanted to die because her husband was abusive and she saw no way out of the situation.

Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM

7,043 posts, read 3,922,736 times
Worst...Someone tried to ( and almost pulled it off) kill me.
Best... Inherited a grip of money when I was 22.

Old Yesterday, 01:40 PM

16,169 posts, read 12,987,781 times
Best: Can't decide - marriage or a day on the racetrack with an BMW M3, I was equally euphoric.

Worst: Cannot decide on a specific event. I had extremely painful breakups but never lost anyone to death.

Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM

3,876 posts, read 1,793,069 times
Best-Holding my son for the first time. I have 3 kids, but he was my first, and that moment changed me.

Worst-Skipping my 8th grade graduation party. When I tell myself the story of my social ills, my running from things I want to run toward, it always starts there.

Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM

342 posts, read 102,996 times
Best: The evening my future husband proposed.

Worst: The day I realized I had rapidly progressive deafness in not just one but both ears and still no one knew what was going on. This is the only day of my life that I had what I recognize in retrospect was a nervous breakdown.

Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM

1,234 posts, read 613,275 times
Best: the day I got my absolute dream job last year. That was even better than marriage. That feeling of pride, of achievement, is indescribable.
Worst: still waiting to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology