Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-30-2020, 07:54 PM
 
1,222 posts, read 908,735 times
Reputation: 994

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Atlguy View Post
I've recently learned that sexuality with women is more "fluid" which is why women may experiment sexually with other women. But experimenting doesn't mean they are lesbian or even bisexual. Men typically aren't into experimenting. If you're a man, you're either straight or gay. My guess is there are many more women who are bisexual than men, but I'm not certain on that.
There are plenty of "fluid" men in alot of the same areas that are LGBT friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-30-2020, 08:49 PM
 
Location: planet earth
8,620 posts, read 5,585,700 times
Reputation: 19636
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
OMG...do we really have to discuss how being gay is not about the ACTS you do, but WHO you do them with? There is nothing about your butt that is intrinsically gay. There are a lot of nerves down there, that if you're not programmed to be repulsed, you just might want to try it and it just might feel good, if done the right way...THAT doesn't make you gay. Again, depends on who you're doing it with.

This is 2020, people - figure it out.
It's basic. Take gay males. Many of them, at base, dislike females - they like to have female friends, but at the same time are sickened by the idea of a vagina. I know because I had a gay friend and hung out with he and his friends often, and I observed them trashing females - I had many conversations with my friend about the psychology of his gayness.

These particular gay males are often very promiscuous and they hate the vagina, but at the same time they put their penis's in whomever's butt - you have to think about this objectively. Both orifices are created for different purposes - one to accommodate a penis, and one to accommodate a turd. Turd processing happens daily, so the "poop shute" is used for what it was created for.

A gay male having nowhere else to "put" his penis (or maybe just loves butts, I have no idea) uses the butt as a vagina hack.

Gay males love body parts - they love penises. No one has the fervor for body parts that gay males have.

I don't know why you would pretend differently.

It's common knowledge by now.

They aren't falling in love with a person absent sex organs - the sex organs are primary for them - then if they like the person that's an added bonus (a group of people who love to have sex with strangers at rest stops and bath houses is not looking for sparkling personalities).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2020, 08:51 PM
 
Location: planet earth
8,620 posts, read 5,585,700 times
Reputation: 19636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Dude, some men will happily put a D into anything that won't chop it off. For odd locations this doesn't even make the top ten.
But if they have the vagina handy, why would they prefer the butt? That was my question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2020, 08:54 PM
 
4,152 posts, read 4,390,868 times
Reputation: 10031
Since I don't go around asking women how they feel about homosexuality i can't speak for them and I don't know of any studies of the range of disdain for homosexuality among or between the different sexes.

I think it is easier to accept female homosexuality for the simple fact that both male and female sexes (unless the fertilized embryo was incubated outside of a female uterus /carrier) have likely spent the same amount of time in utero attached to a female host, and a significant portion of their infant and formative years (if they had a loving nurturing female mother) with a female from being nurtured as infants, to potty trained to dressed, etc...

So this basic early age bonding over what most consider 'private' human functions / activities would (IMO) make it much easier to understand female homosexuality.


I also think religious beliefs of various shades/types influence the range in 'reaction' the OP is asking about. As well as the individual persons level of emotional human develop and interactions with others (acknowledged as homosexual).

I can only speak for my personal experience. In my teens as a male if a another male showed an interest in me sexually I would have been put off by it especially because I was a slow physically maturing type and skinny so any overt interest would be interpreted as potential threat. As I got older and experienced (acknowledged) homosexuals in the workforce and saw that they seemed about the same ratio (at least in conventional work environments) of odd people I'd want no part of associating with as in the straight population, I realized one's sexual preference didn't mean that much to me other than what did the people I am attracted to (female) find attractive.

I never understood after getting into my mid 20s, why some are so interested in what other people they don't know find attractive or their sexual activities. It was difficult enough to find a member of the opposite sex that is interested in me, so why on earth would I waste time worrying about people I don't know and wasn't attracted to?

It seems as many of those who are homosexual do their utmost to telegraph their sexual preferences with various cues, from dress, walk, talk, and mannerisms that it seems silly to worry about it.

The only time I think it may matter is if they are of the recruitment type (manipulative) and hold positions of authority in education / religious institutions where it is easy to target underage for 'grooming' in a target rich environment. Then again, we see plenty of this among the hetero population too.


After I got to around mid 20s, and was physically mature, I didn't care what others were repulsed by sexually as i was trying to find a potential female mate. And at that time my thought was the more gay men there are it should make for better odds on finding a woman.


The only time I get a repulsed feeling would be if I'm in an environment I cannot leave and there is a bunch of the loud obnoxious type (think protestor agitators) who get off on annoying people with "we're here we're ***** get used to it", mentality for effect. But then I would purposefully avoid environments that they would tend to congregate. So for me it is a non issue.


I'm more repulsed by the so called leaders in corporate / finance / legal / media / political / religious world who seem to do everything they can to screw and defraud the general population in any manner possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2020, 08:59 PM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
31,848 posts, read 17,455,039 times
Reputation: 29383
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
It's basic. Take gay males. Many of them, at base, dislike females - they like to have female friends, but at the same time are sickened by the idea of a vagina. I know because I had a gay friend and hung out with he and his friends often, and I observed them trashing females - I had many conversations with my friend about the psychology of his gayness.

These particular gay males are often very promiscuous and they hate the vagina, but at the same time they put their penis's in whomever's butt - you have to think about this objectively. Both orifices are created for different purposes - one to accommodate a penis, and one to accommodate a turd. Turd processing happens daily, so the "poop shute" is used for what it was created for.

A gay male having nowhere else to "put" his penis (or maybe just loves butts, I have no idea) uses the butt as a vagina hack.

Gay males love body parts - they love penises. No one has the fervor for body parts that gay males have.

I don't know why you would pretend differently.

It's common knowledge by now.

They aren't falling in love with a person absent sex organs - the sex organs are primary for them - then if they like the person that's an added bonus (a group of people who love to have sex with strangers at rest stops and bath houses is not looking for sparkling personalities).
You don't have any gay friends, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2020, 09:19 PM
 
Location: planet earth
8,620 posts, read 5,585,700 times
Reputation: 19636
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You don't have any gay friends, do you?
I guess you did not read my post.

I had a best friend gay friend and hung out with him and his friends, for years.

He knew I was interested in cultural anthropology, sociology, and psychology, and I would write him questions, which he would answer via very long, detailed letters. I still have all of the letters. They are very interesting. Could probably be published. He, unfortunately, died of AIDS at the height of the epidemic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2020, 09:24 PM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
31,848 posts, read 17,455,039 times
Reputation: 29383
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I guess you did not read my post.

I had a best friend gay friend and hung out with him and his friends, for years.

He knew I was interested in cultural anthropology, sociology, and psychology, and I would write him questions, which he would answer via very long, detailed letters. I still have all of the letters. They are very interesting. Could probably be published. He, unfortunately, died of AIDS at the height of the epidemic.
Oh, I did read your post. And I still had the question.

It's a shame that he died of AIDS and a bigger shame you didn't capitalize on your relationship by using it to learn more about gay people.

My condolences on both fronts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2020, 09:38 PM
 
Location: planet earth
8,620 posts, read 5,585,700 times
Reputation: 19636
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Oh, I did read your post. And I still had the question.

It's a shame that he died of AIDS and a bigger shame you didn't capitalize on your relationship by using it to learn more about gay people.

My condolences on both fronts.
And you just completely dismissed what my good, gay friend told me about his sexuality, and the sexuality of his friends - because I am a female (and I am guessing you're gay and have that anti-vagina repulsion).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2020, 09:56 PM
 
Location: Howard County, Maryland
16,295 posts, read 10,319,328 times
Reputation: 35959
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
It's basic. Take gay males. Many of them, at base, dislike females - they like to have female friends, but at the same time are sickened by the idea of a vagina. I know because I had a gay friend and hung out with he and his friends often, and I observed them trashing females - I had many conversations with my friend about the psychology of his gayness.
Did your friend ever say WHY he and other gay people disliked females, and are sickened by vaginas? Sure, I understand that if you're a male homosexual, you're not likely to be sexually interested in female parts. But that's a long way from being sickened by them. Are you saying that they were sickened by the idea of they, themselves, inserting their own body parts into them? Or are you saying that vaginas, themselves, disgusted them? And if so, why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2020, 10:26 PM
 
Location: planet earth
8,620 posts, read 5,585,700 times
Reputation: 19636
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Did your friend ever say WHY he and other gay people disliked females, and are sickened by vaginas? Sure, I understand that if you're a male homosexual, you're not likely to be sexually interested in female parts. But that's a long way from being sickened by them. Are you saying that they were sickened by the idea of they, themselves, inserting their own body parts into them? Or are you saying that vaginas, themselves, disgusted them? And if so, why?
I don't know if he specifically explained why. I would have to go back to the letters.

As for my speculation as to why . . . I am not sure . . .it's very complicated because many gay men are very close to their mothers and love their mothers - and mothers have vaginas. Maybe they have "*****/Madonna syndrome?" And they also like female friends . . . it's just the thought of sex with females that literally repulses them - I have seen them gag talking about the idea of it.

And on the other hand, they LOVE penises.

Even heterosexual women who enjoy intercourse with males don't necessarily RAVE about penises night and day.

And most women are not crazy about giving oral sex, but gay men seem to love it.

I honestly don't know, but I find it fascinating.

There is a theory that gay people reincarnated from the opposite sex too soon and have confusion due to that (you can find the theory online).

EDITED TO ADD: My friend and his friends did not dislike females on a surface level - it seemed to be on a deep, core level - maybe attraction and repulsion simultaneously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top