Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2020, 10:36 PM

16,295 posts, read 10,319,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
it's just the thought of sex with females that literally repulses them - I have seen them gag talking about the idea of it.

And on the other hand, they LOVE penises.
Some homosexual men like to beat heterosexuals over the head (figuratively speaking) and call them intolerant and homophobic because they, the heterosexuals, find the idea of gay sex to be repulsive. You would think that these people could be a little more empathetic, given that they find the idea of heterosexual sex (at least with them as participants) as also being repulsive.

And lots of straight men like penises -- their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2020, 10:52 PM

8,444 posts, read 3,701,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundestroyer View Post
Are men more repulsed by homosexuality than women?
Nah, we aren't 'repulsed'; we simply don't give it a second thought - especially living in an area where it's common to see. No bias here; I don't give a second thought to straight men, gay men, or unattractive women either, lol.

That said, biology is attraction; it is not 'repulsion' (nor is psychological well-being).

Old 04-30-2020, 11:16 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,497,336 times
This sort of dumb question because it's all related to how the animal kingdom works. Lions have harems they rarely share their females while the females are ok with competing for affection of the alpha male. That's why it's ingrained into the male DNA, if we weren't programmed that way we wouldn't be interested in females. We'll just hangout with guys and forget about women since women are actually not fun to be around with. The only reason guys enjoy being around with women so they can court them and have their affection.

Old 04-30-2020, 11:25 PM

37,424 posts, read 45,609,203 times
Quote:
So your assertion is that women like whatever you alluded should be "shoved up" their "asses?"

Weird.

And kinky.

Nope.
Your reading comprehension is pretty sad.

Old 05-01-2020, 12:17 AM

19,591 posts, read 20,023,844 times
Quote:

Even heterosexual women who enjoy intercourse with males don't necessarily RAVE about penises night and day.

And most women are not crazy about giving oral sex, but gay men seem to love it.
Well that's just simply not true..

Old 05-01-2020, 12:28 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,192,675 times
Quote:
And you just completely dismissed what my good, gay friend told me about his sexuality, and the sexuality of his friends - because I am a female (and I am guessing you're gay and have that anti-vagina repulsion).
No... You obviously misinterpreted what he said to you based on your own biases. So do you have any actual training in psychology or just an "interest"?

Old 05-01-2020, 07:07 AM

786 posts, read 1,583,966 times
I do believe men are more defensive about homosexuality than women. The comments about the confusion around LGBTQ designation is very legitimate. It seems that any person who does not consider themselves "straight", falls into one of the many categories of LGBTQ, this conglomerate keeps growing when in fact, these groups have almost nothing in common, except that they don't conform to society's historical perspective on sexuality so they all get lumped in together. Transsexuals have little to do with homosexuality, gay men and lesbian women have almost nothing in common and tend not to hang together and are often repulsed by each other, and pedophilia has nothing to do with homosexuality, it's a sexual attraction to children, and when children start to mature they lose that attraction, then there is the emerging concept of "fluidity" where one's sexuality is a day to day persuasion which I believe to be one of the most dangerous mindsets for a sense of well-being. And being sexually attracted to younger people is typical for both men and women, young people retain that youthful look, something we all yearn for, they are physically fit, their skin isn't sagging and wrinkled, they are highly sexual, and even smell differently so nothing to do with pedophilia. Sexuality is a spectrum, it's not black and white, many straight men have "bromances" with other men, they are close, they love each other, they may even be "touchy feely" (and there's nothing wrong with this, and it's very common in most of Europe and the Middle East) but that has nothing to do with flat out romantic intimacy between 2 men which typically defines homosexuality. Whether or not there's a biological component to sexuality remains to be seen, but I don't believe gay people make a "choice" to be gay, that's like saying heterosexual people make a choice to be heterosexual when maybe they could just choose to be homosexual, it doesn't work that way.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:02 AM

15,199 posts, read 10,163,665 times
As a straight woman, I find homosexuality between men or women distasteful. My oldest son is gay and I don't even want to think about what him and his SO do in bed. But, of course I feel the same way about my straight son being with a woman.

I've never been attracted to another woman so it's hard for me to imagine being homosexual.

Back to the original topic. I do feel there is more "acceptance" of lesbians than there is gay men. I don't want to see any homosexual couples kissing on TV but it's less uncomfortable between two woman than two men.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:49 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,558,485 times
Quote:
I guess you did not read my post.

I had a best friend gay friend and hung out with him and his friends, for years.

He knew I was interested in cultural anthropology, sociology, and psychology, and I would write him questions, which he would answer via very long, detailed letters. I still have all of the letters. They are very interesting. Could probably be published. He, unfortunately, died of AIDS at the height of the epidemic.
I can't believe you have a "background" in psychology, yet you think it's ok to base your conclusions about homosexuality on the thoughts and behaviors of ONE person you knew 30 years ago.

Maybe his dislike of women had nothing to do with him being gay but was just him being a jerk? You can't seriously think that one person should be the representative for a large group.

Old 05-01-2020, 10:13 AM

2,361 posts, read 2,520,026 times
How often has "repulsion" been a smokescreen for "attraction"? Especially if all a certain senator claimed what he was doing at the urinal was taking a wide stance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology