Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2020, 11:24 AM

16,984 posts, read 21,655,592 times

Advertisements

Well I wake up on a super yacht floating in the crystal clear waters of the Bahamas. I am stirred by the two beautiful women that spent the night with me. I can hear the steward asking what we want for breakfast and the captain asking on the radio if we want to fish or dive today, he will prepare the appropriate tender. Not sure of the day, I check my investment accounts only to find my 500,000 shares of Tesla have split 5 for 1 and subsequently jumped 18% this week! Several other stocks are roaring but I don't have the time to get tied up with those decisions. I did notice the Powerball numbers were my regular numbers I play every week, whew I didn't realize the jackpot was 800 million again. Yeah this day is going pretty good, sure hope the captain has plenty of my favorite beers iced up as we head out for the day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuPaJvFfyqI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2020, 02:15 PM

10,999 posts, read 6,534,771 times
^^^^Well, besides the above, LOL...

Our favorite days used to be floating down the Colorado River in our inflatable kayak, sipping screwdrivers. Total relaxation, staring up at the red carved cliffs, with egrets and herons.

Then suddenly, a little excitement with the rapids ahead.

Later, on the deck, BBQ of fresh Alaskan salmon and watching the "burn"....the shadow of the setting sun on the cliffs, sipping some wine.

Another scenario was riding my horse through the red canyons and feeling so "at one" with the horse and Nature in general....this is where John Wayne movies were filmed, so it was easy to get caught up in that feeling.

Also, snorkeling....

But now that we don't have any of the above, I guess sitting at an outdoor beach cafe, people-and-boat watching on a sunny day with an umbrella and a Negroni cocktail, would come close.

Old 08-16-2020, 01:10 PM

290 posts, read 162,176 times
Sunny day play a bit of basketball, run, sleep and have food likes nachos and chicken pieces I'm pretty basic

Old 08-16-2020, 05:02 PM

10,142 posts, read 6,581,099 times
Very interesting that some people equate the "perfect day" with materialistic things....

Old 04-28-2021, 07:18 PM

12,649 posts, read 14,783,052 times
Has anyone come to love a NEW kind of perfect day these days?

Old 04-30-2021, 11:31 AM

20,685 posts, read 19,813,350 times
Perfect day that will never happen:

Scenario 1:
Waking up with bf and a ton of dogs in a nice cabin at a tropical beach/island where no one else is.
Sunshine all day, 85f. Running around with the dogs at the abandoned beach, playing, while getting drunk with bf, eating tons of food that miraculously shows up.
Then when the dogs are tired we get on our dirt bikes and ride around dirt trails on our island.

Scenario 2:
a day at the racetrack, driving sports cars

Old 04-30-2021, 01:54 PM

10,999 posts, read 6,534,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Very interesting that some people equate the "perfect day" with materialistic things....
Yes, oneness with Nature does it for me.

A day of shopping would be a day in hell for me, lol.

Old 04-30-2021, 02:24 PM

12,101 posts, read 16,990,261 times
I would say when I was younger, a perfect day would have consisted of hanging out with either friends or my girlfriend and attending a concert or festival and then a restaurant, and then ending with a night of hanging out in a bar or karaoke joint.

Nowadays, to be honest, a perfect day is just a day where I'm not worried about the stress of my current job/career and what the future is going to bring in terms of that, sending out resumes, thinking about careers, etc.

I worry about it most weekend days, so it's a problem, and hopefully one that I can resolve.

Old 05-02-2021, 11:06 AM

12,649 posts, read 14,783,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Perfect day that will never happen:

Scenario 1:
Waking up with bf and a ton of dogs in a nice cabin at a tropical beach/island where no one else is.
Sunshine all day, 85f. Running around with the dogs at the abandoned beach, playing, while getting drunk with bf, eating tons of food that miraculously shows up.
Then when the dogs are tired we get on our dirt bikes and ride around dirt trails on our island.

Scenario 2:
a day at the racetrack, driving sports cars

As they say, "never say never"! I don't know if you'd ever buy a cabin, but you could certainly rent one sometime & have that scenario...although are there usually cabins near beaches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post

Hey, hey, hey, don't knock shopping, ha! Just kidding!

Old 05-02-2021, 05:44 PM

88,044 posts, read 83,895,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post

HA, same here. Not a shopper at all.

A day spent in my favorite place in the world, on a lake in the woods, watching the light change, starting at sunrise, and enjoying the birds and other critters who come and go. Then maybe later, a walk outside to look up at the stars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology