Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2022, 02:21 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,093,366 times

Advertisements

A perfect day would be spent on a tropical beach or rainforest. Smelling the tropical flowers, feeling the breeze, enjoying a dip in the ocean. Stateside, I’d love to find a Florida beach and take the dogs for a walk. Food would be spicy Thai or Indian, maybe an icy cold strawberry margarita. Friends and spouse optional.

Another perfect day would be similar to Trout and Coffee in the treehouse video with a wood fired hot tub. It’s snowing and in the evening everything is lit up. The woods are beautiful, the effect is magical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2022, 05:44 PM

19,212 posts, read 15,079,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy739 View Post
My perfect day would begin with a cool breeze coming in the bedroom window and the ONLY sounds I hear are the leaves rustling in the trees, birds, squirrels crunching on acorns. No neighbor with a buzz saw fetish, no sounds of traffic. Beside me there would be a loving husband and a cat sleeping happily nearby. We have nO financial concerns and all our children and healthy, loving the Lord, happy and also have no money problems. I know my purpose and calling in life and know that I'm walking in it. There is an Ocean nearby and he and I are going to our favorite seafood restaurant that evening. He knOWs how to make gOOd coffee and offers to make it while I shower. He's going to feed the kitty whom he loves as well. The towels are plush and soft. That sounds so good I can't even think to want anything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
A perfect day would be spent on a tropical beach or rainforest. Smelling the tropical flowers, feeling the breeze, enjoying a dip in the ocean. Stateside, I’d love to find a Florida beach and take the dogs for a walk. Food would be spicy Thai or Indian, maybe an icy cold strawberry margarita. Friends and spouse optional.

Another perfect day would be similar to Trout and Coffee in the treehouse video with a wood fired hot tub. It’s snowing and in the evening everything is lit up. The woods are beautiful, the effect is magical.
You guys are killing me. I don't know if I can come up anything more.

Old 05-25-2022, 06:57 AM

9,881 posts, read 9,483,141 times
My perfect day - to wake up on a nice 68 degree (not humid) nice enough to go out with short sleeves and not even a sweater.

Then, whenever i can accomplish everything i need to do on that day, without aches and pains deterring me from that. When i am able to go to 5 places to buy things i need or whatever, and am able to do that. since i got older my knees hurt and feet hurt and body aches from older age, that whenever i can actually get all done that i need to, that is a good day for me.

But should it happen that i cant, i dont let it ruin a perfectly good day, i just save the rest for another day. And life goes on.

Seriously, getting older your body can go thru changes, so a good day is overcoming all the aches and pains that come your way and finding a way to overcome pain.

Old 05-31-2022, 04:08 AM

1,308 posts, read 3,388,742 times
Wake up to a clear and calm day. Grab a large pizza, and jump on a boat all alone and fish until exhausted.

Old 05-31-2022, 12:02 PM

10,999 posts, read 6,527,399 times
A day snorkeling, an evening of karaoke or a band, a late-night hot-tub with a Negroni cocktail. Or 3-

Throw in some stimulating conversation and voila---perfect day.

Oh, some Eggs Benedict would not be amiss, either.

Old 06-03-2022, 03:28 PM

8,174 posts, read 3,368,042 times
Working on my hobbies, my projects, and feeling I got something accomplished. Walking at least 2 hours during the day, and feeling healthy. Not interrupted by any long phone conversations. Maybe some short text or conversations with friends. Maybe go out to play music with friends later.

Since I am retired, a lot of my days are perfect.

On second thought, none of my days are "perfect." There is always some glitch, like an allergy attack or not enough sleep, or whatever. But close enough.

Old 06-06-2022, 09:31 PM

15,932 posts, read 12,179,960 times
My perfect day that I can actually experience now... driving to Sioux Falls in a totally mindful state focused on the present moment and positivity, unaffected by any potentially negative stimulus around me.

I go to cold stone creamery and get myself a "dough-liteful peanut butter" signature creation in it's largest size. I drive it to the Fleet Farm parking lot on Benson road and slowly enjoy it as the view overlooks the airport and the driving range nearby. When finished I drive to the softball complex and ride the entire bike trail including the new segment they just finished.

Sometimes I go fast, sometimes leisurely, staying in a mindful state of relaxation as I take in the perfect temperature, sunny weather, light breeze, the trees, rivers, downtown, scenery. There's so much varied scenery along this trail, it's so relaxing and never crosses a road.

My fantasy perfect day, the one I imagine in my mind, would be geocaching with a woman (soul mate, whatever you want to call her) on some back country gravel roads, stopping at local cemeteries to be playful together in the grass, have a picnic, maybe string up a hammock and take a nap together, basically romantic light hearted outdoorsey stuff that's just the two of us, or just the family. I don't have this yet because of my shy disposition and having yet to have meet that special someone who really takes my breath away, but that's my fantasy day.

Old 06-07-2022, 06:50 AM

1,332 posts, read 2,978,441 times
My perfect day starts with a nice cup of Cuban coffee and a cranberry scone.

Early morning gardening in the dappled light. Hands in the soil admiring the beautiful blooms and heavenly scents. The temperature is in the low 60's.

Lunch would consist of an a small filet mignon steak and a salad that I just harvested from my garden. Ripe tomato, onion, cucumber, lettuce.

After lunch would be a nice walk in a beautiful park filled with amazing specimen trees. The park also has a pine forrest with pine needles, pine cones that scent the air. There is also a babbling brook.

I then return home to shower. I relax on the most comfortable recliner and read an amazing book.

Dinner on this perfect day would be a sunset sailboat cruise with my friends and loved ones. It is light jacket weather as we sail, it is quiet and peaceful with no other boats around. The smell of salt water is reinvigorating and the sky changes by the minute as the sun sets. A string quartet plays peaceful dinner music as we are served lobster.

After that we take a moonlight stroll on the beach overlooking the ocean. Our feet in the sand and the ocean spray in the air.

There is a very limited amount of time for cell phone use. Only because my kids would have a conniption if the had to go cold turkey.

Old 06-25-2022, 08:25 AM

7,055 posts, read 12,563,395 times
A perfect day??

..any day being in nature--whether the deep woods, a meadow filled with wildflowers or an empty beach with lots of shells and beach stones to wonder at...for company, my spouse or a kindred best friend...then a simple meal and good conversation...day ends by reading myself to sleep with an engaging book..and pleasant or creative dreams..

Old 11-18-2023, 07:35 PM

12,632 posts, read 14,764,388 times
It's now November 2023 & I hope many of you got to enjoy your perfect days. Any more?

I have another that I've always loved doing as well & actually got to do not so long ago:

I'm spending my day alone. It's perfectly cool & crisp outside...cool, but not too cold & uncomfortable. I get out of the house for a bit in the morning, going to a couple of stores, such as Target &/or the grocery store or checking out a new store that's opened in my area. Believe it or not, I actually enjoy grocery shopping! I buy what I need, get a little breakfast & smoothie on the way home & enjoy it while spending the rest of the day relaxing at home!

& here's another little one:

I also love it when it's Christmastime. That holiday vibe's in the air, decorations are out & looking festive & bright!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology