Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 05:15 PM

12,599 posts, read 14,709,913 times

Advertisements

Describe your PERFECT DAY (or a few) in as much or as little detail as you want that makes you the HAPPIEST. (Forget that it's COVID these days.)

Here's some ideas of what to possibly mention:

- weather/temp
- season/time of year - I love fall/winter & Christmastime
- certain holiday time
- foods involved
- activities
- people you're with or not

In no certain order...

Scenario #1

It's raining & I'm cozy at home w/ my fiance' curled up, watching TV & movies all day enjoying food from my current favorite Chinese restaurant...Panda Inn (definitely not to be confused w/ Panda Express). My beverage of choice is maybe a good quality cream soda (I rarely drink soda). Towards the evening, I'm sipping on some chammomile tea or hot chocolate & a lemon bar dessert, which I rarely eat. A nice scent of essential oils is diffusing.

Scenario #2

ANY time I get to spend w/ my Mom...doesn't matter what we're doing! She loves cooler weather too. We love strolling a nice, big mall, doing a little shopping, & enjoying a frozen yogurt. I'm wearing a nice bright-colored, chunky, turktleneck sweater w/ jeans & ankle boots & one of my nice leather bags.

Scenario #3

It's a cool day at 70-75 degrees. My fiance' & I are at Disneyland (or Knott's Berry Farm at opening time. It's not very crowded & we're just enjoying rides, walking around for several hrs. We come home tired, yet happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2020, 05:56 PM

7,990 posts, read 12,192,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Describe your PERFECT DAY
My "little boy blue" grandson smiles at me....

Old 08-14-2020, 08:41 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,238,948 times
Wake up with my cat and doggos . Go for a run, followed by a hot shower, then diner breakfast.
Read thru the morning and head to the library. Lunch is turkey, provolone, mayo and honey mustard on a baguette with kettle cooked potato chips. Take the dogs for a play date followed by a hike and a nap. Steak dinner followed by some tv, then more reading and bed

Old 08-14-2020, 08:57 AM

716 posts, read 417,541 times
I wake up with the sunlight shining through the curtain and cuddle a bit with my pillow. Eggs avocado and tomato + tortilla and a glass of orange juice enjoying the sunlight on a balcony with my friends.

A walk through the city and picnic in a park under the shadow of an big willow, reading a book and playing games with my friends. Maybe a nap feeling the nice breeze.

Evening cocktail and walk around the city, or at home sharing a joint, making fun of each others imperfections, hugging, laughing, maybe crying at the past, letting all the anxiety go.

*deep breath in and long exhale * - Life is wonderful, isn't it?

Old 08-14-2020, 04:06 PM

22,682 posts, read 17,950,947 times
Most of my days are pretty great right now; love the climate/weather here, love my surroundings in general, personal life is peaceful making everything easy to enjoy. A day that will top the rest will include signing the closing docs with the buyers of one house and transferring the proceeds to pay off the mortgage on the other! Won't owe a penny to anyone as of September 3 .

Old 08-14-2020, 04:32 PM

464 posts, read 199,580 times
My perfect day would be a snowy winter's day, the fam and I relaxing by a warm fire, and sipping a steaming cup of coffee.

Old 08-14-2020, 05:49 PM

22,682 posts, read 17,950,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sHorrorJunkie View Post
My perfect day would be a snowy winter's day, the fam and I relaxing by a warm fire, and sipping a steaming cup of coffee.
Tack on the knowledge that you got the last load of seasoned firewood safely and neatly stacked in the shed before all that snow arrived...and it is ready and waiting to be dropped on that fire! Nothing like it! Aldo Leopold wrote "firewood you split yourself warms you twice." In reality its about 7 times over and that's not including the warm fuzzy feeling you get knowing you've got more than enough.

Last edited by Parnassia; 08-14-2020 at 06:03 PM..

Old 08-15-2020, 06:01 AM

20,234 posts, read 4,190,962 times
The perfect day would be in late spring early summer. It would be around 50-60 degrees. All the ice is melted on my favorite fishing holes. The family can enjoy a fun day/night fishing.

Old 08-15-2020, 07:47 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,490,057 times
Perfect day for me; early morning in Spring when trees and flowers are just blooming, sunny skies, fresh air, walking in the woods with my dogs, listening to the birds sing, smelling the earth and not seeing another person for miles, followed by a bike ride, lazy afternoon lunch with my partner, a bottle of wine and good music.

Old 08-15-2020, 08:38 AM

12,599 posts, read 14,709,913 times
Nice guys! Yes, tranquility is often great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamingofyou7 View Post
A perfect day for me would be a day I don't fight with my husband
It occurs that often? A change should try to be made. Life's too short to be miserable like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology