Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 02:24 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,132,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Men can be total drama queens and often are. City Data is proof enough of that.
Why don’t we have a term “Drama King?” Posters mentioning men’s violence and dramatic behavior are apt. Men assault and kill women all the time. They are doing this because they have no feelings? I don’t think so. They have strong feelings they do not know how to deal with appropriately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2021, 02:30 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,087,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Why don’t we have a term “Drama King?”
From the same reasons we don't say "Woman up!"

Societal expectations of genders.

Old 10-03-2021, 10:30 AM

217 posts, read 141,576 times
No.

Men tend to pay higher "social prices" for outbursts of negative emotion because there are higher real life prices for it (violence).

Old 10-03-2021, 11:23 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
From the same reasons we don't say "Woman up!"

Societal expectations of genders.
Our house says things like "grow some ovaries"

When you think about it, it's odd that men's violence is not viewed as "weak" but a woman who cries at something is. Though that is changing a lot societally among the younger generations.

Women may have hormone fluctuations that cause changes in personality, but men have testosterone 24/7.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-03-2021, 11:42 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,352,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I've always thought the male equivalent of that saying was ironic, because that body part is very sensitive and fragile. Not exactly the symbol of strength and resilience that the phrase implies.

Old 10-03-2021, 12:02 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I've always thought the male equivalent of that saying was ironic, because that body part is very sensitive and fragile. Not exactly the symbol of strength and resilience that the phrase implies.
That's my husband's take on it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-03-2021, 12:06 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,349,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

When you think about it, it's odd that men's violence is not viewed as "weak" but a woman who cries at something is. Though that is changing a lot societally among the younger generations.

Women may have hormone fluctuations that cause changes in personality, but men have testosterone 24/7.
Men have DAILY fluctuations in testosterone levels - I think we should finally start researching the manic rollercoaster cycles THEY are responding to!

Old 10-03-2021, 12:32 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Why don’t we have a term “Drama King?” Posters mentioning men’s violence and dramatic behavior are apt. Men assault and kill women all the time. They are doing this because they have no feelings? I don’t think so. They have strong feelings they do not know how to deal with appropriately.
I think there are terms for that. (This might be worth its own thread, to see what readers come up with.) There's the phrase "bull in a china shop", which could apply, though I think it's more used to describe someone who's clumsy and causes damage or leaves a mess chronically. I wonder if anyone can come up with a term or phrase, if the top of their head. There must be a few.

Old 10-03-2021, 03:18 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,132,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think there are terms for that. (This might be worth its own thread, to see what readers come up with.) There's the phrase "bull in a china shop", which could apply, though I think it's more used to describe someone who's clumsy and causes damage or leaves a mess chronically. I wonder if anyone can come up with a term or phrase, if the top of their head. There must be a few.
Draman.

Old 10-03-2021, 03:58 PM

719 posts, read 427,637 times
Quote:
Maybe Drama Kong would be more fitting:P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology