Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 11:41 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,583,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Most psychopaths are male, although the reasons for this sex difference are unknown.
The reasons are known - they just aren't known by those who "play" at psychology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 11:54 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,356,966 times
Quote:
Oh, I know... I read a lot of psychology and always find myself attracted to this type; hence, my interest in your thread. I’m not talking fully blown and diagnosable psychopaths, but let’s say people possessing enough traits.
I find a lot of it interesting, I like your term "Not Fully Blown" I guess some fall into that category. Whats your experience with that?

Old 09-11-2008, 11:55 AM

42,831 posts, read 87,979,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
The reasons are known - they just aren't known by those who "play" at psychology.
Care to share?

Old 09-11-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
I find a lot of it interesting, I like your term "Not Fully Blown" I guess some fall into that category. Whats your experience with that?
My experiences are with the mild, non-recognizable by the general public, non-violent, and yet insidiously draining types.

I believe the potential for violence is easily identifiable. I don't think I'd fall for that, but better just say "knock wood." There are good actors on this wonderful stage called "life"...

Old 09-11-2008, 12:09 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,356,966 times
Actors, thats for sure

Hey I have to run and pick up a few things. Plus my oldest son needs the use of this computer.

Great talking Sierra.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:14 PM

28,863 posts, read 30,119,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
I have a theory about people, intelligence level combined with maturity or the lack there of and its role on a persons future outcome. I don't want to make this a long drawn out post so I'll stick to only one type.

The person you know that believes they are far more intelligent than they really are. Wow do these people scare the hell out of me. Stupid people don't bother me, generally have a realistic view of them selves and they do what they can with what they were given but throw in an extra point or two and keep the button in a safe place.

The one that answers the question "Where do you see your self in 5 years" on a job app. with I see my self in your position and nothing to back it up.

The one that late night infomercials are aimed at: Stuffing Envelopes, Homes For $300, Carlton Sheets, there are tons of them.

Changes jobs continuously because they keep getting a raw deal.

or worse yet....The inventor.

If there was ever a problem person in society I believe this is the one. These people seem to be highly destructive, sometimes attracting some pretty good people and most often taking them down with them.
I knew a guy like this once that kept quoting Henry Fords life when ever he failed. I liked him because of his positive outlook but it was a false positive and he never grasped that. In the end he lost his widowed Moms home, took down several investors, a string of followers, A women that loved and believed in him and he never learned anything. The sad part is that time does run out.

I've known quite a few of these people in my lifetime, worked with and for some. The constants I've noted are:
Never Happy
No long term relationships unless they are willing victims
Low morals
Read more than I personally would have thought.
Can't grasp the value of honor
Over estimate their abilities
Anger easily
Higher Education does not seem to enhance their marketability
Misinterpret more intelligent people because often they are quiet and don't comment on unintelligent comments or remarks. They don't realize that many of these people can without facial expression change, sum them up in a split second. I guess thats one of their main problems is their inability to recognize more intelligent people.
I wish I could say I knew one thats life turned out well.
Good God, that all sounds like me?

seriously, it is sad, very sad, the lives they take down with them...with no concept what so ever of all the lives they destroy....very sad...and yet, people continue to enable them??????

Old 09-11-2008, 12:18 PM

36,045 posts, read 30,551,132 times
Quote:
seriously, it is sad, very sad, the lives they take down with them...with no concept what so ever of all the lives they destroy....very sad...and yet, people continue to enable them??????
Thats because they are also very charming and good at manipulation. It takes awhile for some people to see thru the veil.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
all the lives they destroy....very sad...and yet, people continue to enable them??????
Well, people with some loose bolts in the heads tend to be exciting, creme! And make no mistake - those who find them are no different! We thrill seekers find each other… And I don't mean only intimate relationships.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:30 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,163,795 times
its me its me its me and its all my fault. immature, thinks he is some sort of genius
non conformist, really pathetic, does not know how to dress cool socially inept
women do not find him attractive, doesn't drink or go to parties what a bore
here is a classic example of an inept nonconformist loser. (see below) seems to have unexplained incredible lucky streaks which he credits to his smarts.
what a joke. his teachers and bosses made it clear to him in early years you will never amount to anything

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 09-11-2008 at 12:39 PM..

Old 09-11-2008, 12:39 PM

28,863 posts, read 30,119,247 times
Quote:
Well, people with some loose bolts in the heads tend to be exciting, creme! And make no mistake - those who find them are no different! We thrill seekers find each other… And I don't mean only intimate relationships.
maybe so, but it still doesn't make it right...like the guy who ruins his mother...still doesn't make it right...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology