U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 01:26 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,605,900 times

Advertisements

It's just not that deep. Really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 02:25 PM

3,413 posts, read 6,317,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
ya, I'm not partaking in her nonsense........ I told her to go away and then blocked her (and reblocked her now, since somehow it came "unblocked")...

I'm definitely careful with what I put on the internet. I know that a lot of companies that I apply at could perform searches on those websites and I KNOW they can see all that stuff. But like I said, I was posting about MUNDANE stuff (Like my acheing knees and feet)........

Hopefully she won't bother me anymore since I reblocked her, I just hope it doesn't come unblocked again.

Seriously. And the SADDEST part is this chick has a CHILD. I wonder what she's teaching that poor kid!
It would be good for you to practice not being hurt by mean things said by random people. If there isn't any truth to it- laugh it off, at how ridiculous and malicious some people can be. Don't let it affect you or ruin your day. It's liable to keep happening in your life until you learn how to handle it maturely.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:42 PM

81 posts, read 226,535 times
Quote:
I don't know if this is the "right" place to post this, but I figured I'd ask people out there who have kids and really know relationships pretty well........

What makes some RANDOM person that you DON'T know just suddenly start bothering me. Here's what's happening. I have a myspace page (yes I know, myspaceeee) :P And I occasionally write a blog or two here and there. Mind you DAYS go by where I won't write one, and then I'll write another, and then a few more days go by then I'll write another one.....

Well this girl I don't know started posting REALLY mean comments on my blogs (saying that I have a multiple personality because I write about one thing one day, and another thing the next).... and she's keeps SAYING that I should go get help and that my posts are just REALLY amusing for her and her friends to read.......

HERE is the sad part, I've BLOCKED her so she shouldn't be able to comment on my stuff. Somehow that block came off and she posted AGAIN yesterday. Even MORE sad is I'm 25, I don't even want to DEAL with someone who uses myspace as a form of entertainment (or rather, HER being CRUEL to random people is her form of entertainment).... SHE is 26!!!!!!!!! And has a CHILD!!!!!!!

Why would someone who is RAISING a child be so MEAN! I don't even KNOW her. The ONLY reason she even has heard of me is she's like a friend of a friend of a friend. I've never even MET her!!!!!!! It's so RANDOM too! She just out of NOWHERE one day started posting these really mean, malicious posts!

At first I asked her what her problem was and why she felt the need to bother me and she said "Because your posts are just SO amusing and I needed entertainment at work! hahahah!" ....... So i blocked her because I couldn't believe someone who is OLDER then me, who is RAISING A CHILD woould act like SUCH a child herself!!!!

Why oh why do people just randomly do that????? What the heck is her problem???????? I didn't do ANYTHING to provoke it whatsoever.... I don't even know this girl! and she certainly doesn't know me, which makes me mad that she writes those presumed judgements/opinions of me as comments on my blog..........

(I've blocked her again and hope it stays blocked, I just want to figure out what is going on in someones head when they do that stuff???? Why are some people like that SO mean for NO reason?????):crying :
Why don't you just set it so that you have to approve comments before they are posted or make your myspace private.

Old 10-03-2008, 04:00 AM

603 posts, read 2,071,694 times
Since you titled your post "Psychology Question", I'm assuming you're more interested in why she is doing this instead of how to block her. People don't always act their age. Likewise, people don't "grow up" just because they have a child. One of my relatives had a child while in college. She's now in her 40's and she parties and dates people in her 20's. Once I saw her put snot on her child and say, "Booger War!" She was 33 at the time. Also, people don't become sweet and kind just because they are older or have gotten pregnant. The comments she made to you were malicious, and I would be upset too. Try to forget about her--she's not worth the time.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:48 PM

809 posts, read 2,551,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charz View Post
Since you titled your post "Psychology Question", I'm assuming you're more interested in why she is doing this instead of how to block her. People don't always act their age. Likewise, people don't "grow up" just because they have a child. One of my relatives had a child while in college. She's now in her 40's and she parties and dates people in her 20's. Once I saw her put snot on her child and say, "Booger War!" She was 33 at the time. Also, people don't become sweet and kind just because they are older or have gotten pregnant. The comments she made to you were malicious, and I would be upset too. Try to forget about her--she's not worth the time.

Thank you for your response. You were right when I posted the question labeled as "psychology question" I was looking for why certain peoples molecular and chemical structure in their brains make them more malicious then others. I'm not like that so I don't understand it when it happens to me. Like WHAT makes someone WANT to be that mean and nasty to someone they don't know

Old 10-12-2008, 06:32 AM

603 posts, read 2,071,694 times
Quote:
Thank you for your response. You were right when I posted the question labeled as "psychology question" I was looking for why certain peoples molecular and chemical structure in their brains make them more malicious then others. I'm not like that so I don't understand it when it happens to me. Like WHAT makes someone WANT to be that mean and nasty to someone they don't know
My 6 year old daughter has eczema. Her skin on her ankle is red and rashy. A kid at school is calling her, "poison ivy". When I was in high school gym, a girl touched my skin and screamed, "she has leprosy". When my mom was in school, kids teased her about her skin, too. I don't know why people want to hurt other people, but this is what I told my daughter: "That girl is not being nice when she says that to you, but you don't have to listen to her. You are a beautiful, smart girl who has a skin condition. Don't listen to her". The next time that girl approached, my daughter said, "Don't start. If you call me that, I'm telling the teacher". The girl walked away and hasn't talked to her since.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:30 AM

2,178 posts, read 8,228,112 times
First thing is change you password for myspace, then go in and set your page to PRIVATE so you can accept or deny access to your page. Then set it where you have to approve ALL messages before they are posted on your page. If you see any messages from her, delete before even reading them.

If all that fails, close that page out completely... wait awhile and make yourself another one.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:33 AM

1,891 posts, read 5,149,899 times
You can set your entire page to private (which you should have done already), and the blog- you can set it so that you are the only person that can read it, you can set it so that you can invite specific friends to read it, set it for all friends, or set to be read by everyone and their psychotic sister. Listening (and caring) about what some freak says is up to you- I wouldn't pay any attention to her at all.

As to the psychology of it? Here's a good life lesson, in case you haven't learned it already- some people are miserable jerks and try their best to spread the misery around. There's nothing you are going to say or do to stop her (or anyone else) from being a miserable jerk. Hit the delete button, make your space private, and don't give it another thought.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:26 AM

2,588 posts, read 4,853,402 times
I really don't know why people behave like that. Perhaps she has issues expressing her feelings properly in real life and just vents on random people online. I bet you're not her only target. It's safe. She can lash out and be the bully without having to deal with the repercussions she would if she were to do that in real life. I bet she's a doormat in real life. She's incredibly immature and I likewise feel sorry for her child.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:31 AM

7,099 posts, read 23,904,184 times
Get over the idea that just because she is older than you are and has a child, that she should be "nice." People aren't like that. People are ugly even when they are in their 90s, have 7 children, 22 grandchildren and too many great grands to count.

If it bothers you enough, quit posting. You don't need to tell your problems to any stranger that can read.

A good "Psychology Question" would be to ask why on earth would anyone have a blog. Are you lonely? No friends? You are just asking for responses, some of which are likely to be unpleasant. It's like that old saying.....If You don't like the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology