U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 04:06 PM

850 posts, read 2,848,721 times

Advertisements

I too, have had a blog before, and used it more or less like a diary when I was going through a rough time. People write about so many things, and I never really thought anyone would respond except those walking in my shoes.

Low and behold - some 'woman' decided to post, and apparently did not read and/or comprehend anything I was saying, as her response was cruel and abrasive - almost to the point I wondered if this person knew me. I bgean looking twice at acquaintances wondering...

I think it happens for a very simple reason - the same reason we get trolls here on the board who want to stir up trouble. Some people are simply not happy unless they are meddling and causing others to feel lower than themselves (I have a mil like this - not happy unless everyone is miserable - story for another day). AND - when you post ANYTHING online, you open yourself up for hits of all kinds. Right, wrong, nice or indecent - you open yourself to all the nasties in the world who have nothing better to do with their time.

This is one of the main reasons I have stayed with c-d and feel so at home here. There are occasions when members will be mean-spirited, but it is dealt with. Agreeing to disagree is more the norm and there is respect here.

I wish for just one day, all the mean and nasty people in the world would either shut their mouths, stop typing, and stay home - oh what a glorious day THAT would be! Imagine - no road rage, rude people in line at the store, on-line with the computer, and finally a peaceful environment where I could breathe!
But I suppose it takes all kinds.

Kill the chick with kindness everytime and she will eventually go away. Or, simply delete her messages, block her and ignore her. I have done that with a 'friend' believe it or not - did it for six months after she accused me of something I did not do - and now she is attempting to get back in my good graces. Sorry...burn me twice...

KimmieyKy

P.S. - and... stop reading her comments and do not allow her to get you in the 'heart'. Eleanor Roosevelt said " No one can make you feel inferior without your permission". Do not give this person permission anymore!

Last edited by kimmieyky; 10-12-2008 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 03:37 PM

29 posts, read 49,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 925mine View Post
First, you sound like you're about 14 and caught up in a catty little girlie war. Seriously, you're 25? That's where I would start. Grow up.

Didn't your mother ever teach you to ignore things others say like that? Each time you react to her, you fuel her fire. Don't react, and she will give up and go away.
Really? Is that what you do? Have you ever been aggressive on this forum? Have ever posted anything mean? I've seen your other posts, and you can't ignore what others say. The probability is very low you can't ignore what I'm saying now. This girl was traumatized from another person actions any you have nothing good to say to her. That SUCKS on your part. Wait, Sorry. Let me rephrase. I should say something different to have PC...... Your reply was not helpful.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:05 AM

308 posts, read 1,443,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm_someone_elses_tool View Post
Really? Is that what you do? Have you ever been aggressive on this forum? Have ever posted anything mean? I've seen your other posts, and you can't ignore what others say. The probability is very low you can't ignore what I'm saying now. This girl was traumatized from another person actions any you have nothing good to say to her. That SUCKS on your part. Wait, Sorry. Let me rephrase. I should say something different to have PC...... Your reply was not helpful.
I seriously doubt that she was technically "traumatized" (psychologically speaking).

And, I ignore people all the time. It can be done. Of course, I also tend to have selective attention at times, so perhaps my skillz are simply more helpful in those circumstances.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:05 PM

809 posts, read 2,550,075 times
I wouldn't say I was traumatized, but being that I pretty much mind my business ALL the time and don't LOOK for confrontation I was ASTOUNDED that this 26 year old female was acting like a catty, bratty 12 year old. I COULD not believe it........

I was going through a particular rough time when I originally posted this (while the harassing was going on) and most of the time I look for guidance from other people who may have experienced something similar or who KNOW what could potentially be going on in a persons head who is doing the harassing........

A lot of the people who have responded on my post that I am the one acting as though I'm 12 need to really re-evaluate the way they jump to conclusions and judgements. I simply posted for some advice, some sort of guidance, I didn't need MORE people being harsh to me........

Thanks to all that HAVE been a help to me on this particular post. I have since blocked her, deleted the messages and reported her for abuse on myspace (something I didn't realize you could do!) She has since REMADE a profile and tried to start talking crap to me AGAIN, and I simply blocked her and deleted messages AGAIN........

I do NOT do ANYTHING to provoke her. I don't even RESPOND to her at ALL. Yet she continues to try and pester me. I don't get it. Why are some people such psychos!?

Old 10-15-2008, 05:28 PM

3,413 posts, read 6,315,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
I wouldn't say I was traumatized, but being that I pretty much mind my business ALL the time and don't LOOK for confrontation I was ASTOUNDED that this 26 year old female was acting like a catty, bratty 12 year old. I COULD not believe it........

I was going through a particular rough time when I originally posted this (while the harassing was going on) and most of the time I look for guidance from other people who may have experienced something similar or who KNOW what could potentially be going on in a persons head who is doing the harassing........

A lot of the people who have responded on my post that I am the one acting as though I'm 12 need to really re-evaluate the way they jump to conclusions and judgements. I simply posted for some advice, some sort of guidance, I didn't need MORE people being harsh to me........

Thanks to all that HAVE been a help to me on this particular post. I have since blocked her, deleted the messages and reported her for abuse on myspace (something I didn't realize you could do!) She has since REMADE a profile and tried to start talking crap to me AGAIN, and I simply blocked her and deleted messages AGAIN........

I do NOT do ANYTHING to provoke her. I don't even RESPOND to her at ALL. Yet she continues to try and pester me. I don't get it. Why are some people such psychos!?
Why do you let it drive you crazy, is a better question. This was never about what "a psycho" does but how you react to it, over and over again. You've established that some people are "psycho", now, what are you going to do about it? Keep asking "Why some people are psycho's". Why can't you move past it? Why does a complete stranger so have your number that she can make you squirm from afar? That's a question worth finding the answer to.

Last edited by laysayfair; 10-15-2008 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-15-2008, 07:03 PM

809 posts, read 2,550,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Why do you let it drive you crazy, is a better question. This was never about what "a psycho" does but how you react to it, over and over again. You've established that some people are "psycho", now, what are you going to do about it? Keep asking "Why some people are psycho's". Why can't you move past it? Why does a complete stranger so have your number that she can make you squirm from afar? That's a question worth finding the answer to.

here's one of the areas that posting and what not hits a brick wall........

you can't tell how it's affecting me via reading this..... you can't see my facial expressions, hear the tone in my voice, you don't see my body language. I'm not HORRRRRIBLY upset by it by any means, yes it BUGGED me, but more then ANYTHING the reason I keep asking is cuz I like to try and FIGURE people out! Id like to know WHAT is DEEP inside of someone that makes that act like such A-holes..........

Old 10-16-2008, 07:03 AM

7,099 posts, read 23,892,964 times
They act like that because it gets reactions from people like yourself. If no one reacted, they wouldn't bother.

It's like shaking an apple tree, how many people would go to the bother of shaking a tree if nothing fell? You shake it expecting an apple to fall. It's no fun when nothing happens.

It's nothing that's DEEP inside. It's a very superficial and common trait with people that like to think they can get someone riled up over nothing. They get a kick out of it. That's all. It makes them feel bigger and better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology