Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 12:48 PM

1,776 posts, read 4,003,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
INFx (J or P) are rare creatures that seem to only be found on the internet
Yeah, I am pretty much that type though.
I think that introverts are only like 25% of the population, and then when you add in the intuitive & feeling aspects you really narrow it down.

My girl is ISFP- It's an interesting dynamic. I think and judge, she feels and perceives. Needless to say we come from 2 different angles in a lot of things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 09:34 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
ISTJ

I'm a know it all jerk, but I handle my business
ESTJ per those tests, but I think I'm an ISTJ as well. How much I've gotten used to my own company scares me sometimes.

I think most people would read me as sociable but, deep down, I don't need a lot of people and prefer to have a few good deep friendships.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:53 AM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
My girl is ISFP- It's an interesting dynamic. I think and judge, she feels and perceives. Needless to say we come from 2 different angles in a lot of things.
I'm an ISFP. Being an emotional sponge is a tough job.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:01 AM

727 posts, read 1,891,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Im sure this has been covered before at some point but here goes...
Im in the 10-15% of People that are highly sensitive personality..
Meaning affected by others moods,more affected by films,music.
Crowds,etc can be overwhelming.lean towards creative,artistic.
Takes things personal....
Wow....you described me to a tee!! THats weird but yes this is me.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:11 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Evidently, I am an Idealist (ENFP).

Here's the skinny on me. I'd say it's close enough:

Like the other Idealists, Champions are rather rare, say two or three percent of the population, but even more than the others they consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life. Champions have a wide range and variety of emotions, and a great passion for novelty. They see life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil, and they want to experience all the meaningful events and fascinating people in the world. The most outgoing of the Idealists, Champions often can't wait to tell others of their extraordinary experiences. Champions can be tireless in talking with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out. And usually this is not simple storytelling; Champions often speak (or write) in the hope of revealing some truth about human experience, or of motivating others with their powerful convictions. Their strong drive to speak out on issues and events, along with their boundless enthusiasm and natural talent with language, makes them the most vivacious and inspiring of all the types.

Fiercely individualistic, Champions strive toward a kind of personal authenticity, and this intention always to be themselves is usually quite attractive to others. At the same time, Champions have outstanding intuitive powers and can tell what is going on inside of others, reading hidden emotions and giving special significance to words or actions. In fact, Champions are constantly scanning the social environment, and no intriguing character or silent motive is likely to escape their attention. Far more than the other Idealists, Champions are keen and probing observers of the people around them, and are capable of intense concentration on another individual. Their attention is rarely passive or casual. On the contrary, Champions tend to be extra sensitive and alert, always ready for emergencies, always on the lookout for what's possible.

Champions are good with people and usually have a wide range of personal relationships. They are warm and full of energy with their friends. They are likable and at ease with colleagues, and handle their employees or students with great skill. They are good in public and on the telephone, and are so spontaneous and dramatic that others love to be in their company. Champions are positive, exuberant people, and often their confidence in the goodness of life and of human nature makes good things happen.

Joan Baez, Phil Donahue, Paul Robeson, Bill Moyer, Elizibeth Cady Stanton, Joeseph Campbell, Edith Wharton, Sargent Shriver, Charles Dickens, and Upton Sinclair are examples of Idealist Champions

Old 01-28-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
ESTJ per those tests, but I think I'm an ISTJ as well. How much I've gotten used to my own company scares me sometimes.

I think most people would read me as sociable but, deep down, I don't need a lot of people and prefer to have a few good deep friendships.
Same here. Mondays through Fridays I am very sociable, very outgoing towards clients contacts and coworkers. On Friday evenings, though, I can't wait to get home and just not be bothered. I see that I need that time, even if it's for a few hours, before I got out again and hang with the fellas or chill with my lady.

I definitely don't need a lot of friends, although I do have a lot of associates just based on the fact I'm that type of guy.

In that test I have swayed between ESTJ and ISTJ as well. But I definitely know that at the end of the day, I'm an introvert.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I'm an ISFP. Being an emotional sponge is a tough job.
Yeah and it's tough for her to date and love me. Sometimes some of the things I say and do she takes as me not being loving, when it's not the case.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:23 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Yeah and it's tough for her to date and love me. Sometimes some of the things I say and do she takes as me not being loving, when it's not the case.
Well, you certainly don't sound particularly loving to me...

Old 01-28-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, you certainly don't sound particularly loving to me...
I'm irresistable ma!!! Got to beat them off with a stick.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:58 AM

355 posts, read 814,832 times
That's me, too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology