Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 10:36 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,687,832 times

Advertisements

Personality Type Quiz - Discover your type! - book headquarters for Do What You Are - Nurture By Nature - Just Your Type - The Art of Speedreading People
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 10:59 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
Quote:
Introvert, Sensor, Thinker, Judger (ISTJ)
ISTJs represent between 11 and 14% of the U.S. population
Meticulous and thorough, ISTJs are known for their exceptional ability to notice and remember details and facts with extreme accuracy. With ISTJs, their word is their bond and they are often described as serious, focused, down-to-earth and supremely reliable people who offer a consistently realistic and practical perspective. Characteristically quiet and hardworking, ISTJs have great practical judgment and can cite accurate evidence to support their views and apply their past experience to their present decisions. ISTJs typically communicate in a style that is clear, direct, and businesslike. They highly value common sense and knowledge from first-hand experience, and find comfort in their daily routine and familiar ways of doing things.
Interesting test. There's a lot of me here. Thank you.

ETA: Wow, I just noticed--only 11 to 14% of the US poplulation. I wonder which personality has the highest, do you know?

Old 02-16-2009, 11:23 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,687,832 times
I don't know I am ISFJ and we are 9-14% of the population... No one was more surprised than me to find out I was an Introvert..
I had to do this test as a part of a job I had....to give our manager a feel for all of us....it's the new thing....My husband does it with with new teams he gets...

Old 02-16-2009, 11:57 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,353 times
INFP...my usual result.

Introvert, iNtuitive, Feeler, Perceiver (INFP)
INFPs represent between 4 and 5% of the U.S. population

INFPs value inner harmony above all else. Sensitive, idealistic, and loyal, they have a strong sense of honor concerning their personal values and are often passionately committed to making sure their beliefs and actions are congruent. INFPs are also extremely perceptive about people. They value their uniqueness and typically seek unconventional ways of doing things. Sensitive and empathetic, INFPs tend to be exceptionally adept at reading between the lines. Although they demonstrate cool reserve on the outside, INFPs care deeply inside. They are compassionate, sympathetic, understanding and very sensitive to the feelings of others. They avoid conflict and are not interested in impressing or dominating others unless their values are at stake. INFPs seldom express the intensity of their feelings and often appear reticent and calm. However, once they know you, they are enthusiastic and warm. Feeling truly understood and respected for their unique perspective and strong values is important for many INFPs.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:10 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Default Pretty friggin' accurate

Introvert, iNtuitive, Thinker, Perceiver (INTP)
INTPs represent between 3 and 5% of the U.S. population
Intensely intellectual and logical, INTPs are conceptual problem solvers and often show flashes of creative brilliance. Outwardly quiet, reserved, and detached, INTPs are inwardly absorbed in analyzing problems. They are critical, precise, and skeptical and are driven to find and use logical principles to understand their many ideas. They like conversation to be high level and purposeful and may argue to the point of hairsplitting just for fun. INTPs are convinced almost exclusively by logical reasoning. They set high standards – for themselves and for others. INTP’s think in extremely complex ways and are generally better at organizing new concepts and ideas than at organizing other people. Highly independent, INTP’s tend to be more interested in finding creative solutions to problems than implementing them on the ground level.

Your work-related strengths may include:
  • Eagerness to “think outside the box” and consider new possibilities
  • Ability to understand very complex and highly abstract ideas
  • Great creative problem-solving skills
Your work-related weaknesses may include:
  • Tendency toward disorganization (defintely not true)
  • Overconfidence; you may misrepresent your abilities or experience (soooo not true)
  • Impatience with unimaginative and/or incompetent people (very true)

Old 02-17-2009, 05:07 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,583,795 times
Introvert, Sensor, Feeler, Perceiver (ISFP)
ISFPs represent between 5-9% of the U.S. population

Gentle, sensitive, easy going, calm and soft-spoken, ISFPs are typically people of few words. Private people who can take a long time to get to know, ISFPs may appear cool and detached at first, however, they are actually very sensitive and nurturing people who are run by their own set of personal values. Observant and curious, ISFPs see the best in people and have a strong desire to avoid unnecessary conflict. ISFPs are patient, flexible, and easy to get along with and have little need to dominate or control others. They are nonjudgmental and accepting of others' behavior in a rather matter-of-fact way. Because ISFPs live completely in the present moment, they do not prepare or plan more than is necessary.

About a third of the questions, I could have anwered the other side from which I chose. The choices that didn't work were that I am not patient and somewhat judgmental, always prompt. But I am definitely an introvert.

Thanks for posting the link.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:19 AM

1,776 posts, read 4,003,946 times
ISTJ
Meticulous and thorough, ISTJs are known for their exceptional ability to notice and remember details and facts with extreme accuracy. With ISTJs, their word is their bond and they are often described as serious, focused, down-to-earth and supremely reliable people who offer a consistently realistic and practical perspective. Characteristically quiet and hardworking, ISTJs have great practical judgment and can cite accurate evidence to support their views and apply their past experience to their present decisions. ISTJs typically communicate in a style that is clear, direct, and businesslike. They highly value common sense and knowledge from first-hand experience, and find comfort in their daily routine and familiar ways of doing things.

Girlfriend is ISFP
Introvert, Sensor, Feeler, Perceiver (ISFP)
ISFPs represent between 5-9% of the U.S. population
Gentle, sensitive, easy going, calm and soft-spoken, ISFPs are typically people of few words. Private people who can take a long time to get to know, ISFPs may appear cool and detached at first, however, they are actually very sensitive and nurturing people who are run by their own set of personal values. Observant and curious, ISFPs see the best in people and have a strong desire to avoid unnecessary conflict. ISFPs are patient, flexible, and easy to get along with and have little need to dominate or control others. They are nonjudgmental and accepting of others' behavior in a rather matter-of-fact way. Because ISFPs live completely in the present moment, they do not prepare or plan more than is necessary.

Our biggest conflict is where we differ in the third characteristic, me being a thinker and she a feeler. She is motivated by praise, I am not naturally prone to give it, although I may think it, I won't say it outward. She's not into discussions, and she calls conversations where I say we have disagreements as arguments. I'm not affectionate by nature and nurture- my family wasn't, and she's big on the touchy feely stuff. They cause conflict, but we are both working on them.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:28 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,177,234 times
Extravert, Sensor, Thinker, Perceiver (ESTP)
ESTPs represent between 4 and 5% of the U.S. population

Your work-related strengths may include:
  • Keen powers of observation, with excellent memory for factual information (Yes, very true)
  • Ability to see what needs doing and be realistic about what’s necessary to complete a job (Yes, for the most part)
  • Being charming and making friends easily (Sorta...yes and no)
Your work-related weaknesses may include:
  • Difficulty working alone, especially for long periods of time (Sorta)
  • Dislike of preparing in advance; you have trouble organizing your time (True)
  • Tendency to be too casual with people’s feelings and blunt and insensitive at times (True sometimes, but certainly not always.. It depends a lot on context)

Old 02-17-2009, 07:32 AM

12,961 posts, read 13,673,944 times
Introvert, iNtuitive, Thinker, Judger (INTJ)
INTJs represent between 2 and 4% of the U.S. population
INTJ’s are perfectionists. They tend to be exceptionally innovative, strategic, long-range thinkers who pursue excellence in everything they do. Their strong need for autonomy and achievement – and their faith in their own original ideas – drives them to reach their goals. Highly logical and astute, INTJ’s are quick to see the implications of new ideas and products, and will work hard to see their ideas translated into real-world results. They may set unrealistically high standards, and push other people almost as hard as they push themselves. Not particularly bothered by indifference or criticism, INTJs are among the most independent of all the types, and work productively alone for long periods of time. With original minds, great insight, and vision, INTJs are natural brainstormers. They are naturally theoretical and work well with complex and global.

I thought this was fairly accurate because my college degree is in a field of theory

Old 02-17-2009, 07:44 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,335,218 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology