U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 07:46 AM

1,157 posts, read 1,919,745 times

Advertisements

Me and my geeky Jewish friends were bullied by the toughs down the street and after we took one too many beatings, our parents got all us geeks raved up and basically said: Don't come crying to us anymore, fight back, hard and dirty, and they will leave you alone. Well we did. We were playing ball in a lot and along they came, and we were stoked, we had a plan. After the dust settled, we had thrown dirt in their eyes, hit them in the shins with our bats, kicked them in the balls and pounded their faces with our fists. This time THEY ran home, bloodied and crying; we inflicted some pain. :0

About an hour later, one of the bullies mom called our house and it was the first time I ever heard my dad curse. "Mrs. Aluccio, your kid and his buddies had it coming, go ph**** yourself". We never got bothered again.

Of course, now years later we are all Facebook 'friends'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 10:31 AM

2,725 posts, read 3,963,805 times
I was bullied in school. I was a short and skinny kid growing up. I wrestled from an early age, but I did not use it to fight. I didn't even know why I was targeted, but I had it pretty bad. People who I grew up with would out of the blue slug me in the face and try to tear my head off. I had lot's of times when I was 80 pounds soaking wet and kids who were like two hundred wanted to beat me up. I can only assume it was because I was so small. It started in like third grade. This bully always wanted to beat me up, why who knows, because he could. I only lived about three blocks from school, but found myself walking about an extra half mile to avoid kids. I became shy and introverted for a few years. This continued until about sixth grade, til I finally stood up for myself. This didn't end there. It continued until about nineth grade, when one day I had enough. I beat someone up who was bullying me. About a month later, beat up another person and realized that I was pretty tough. I don't know what it was. Maybe it's like the kick the dog effect. If you kick a dog long enough, it will bite back.

But I always had a lot of heart, I just didn't know how to control my fear. When I started fighting back, amazingly the bullies went away. I think the bullying to some effect made me tougher and meaner. I don't take much crap from anyone.

I have been in several fights (and I mean like forty) in my life and I haven't lost many. I became pretty viscious. Sometimes I don't like the anger inside of me and the fact that it is hard for me to walk away from someone. I have too much pride. But at the same time, I refuse to be a victim again. I remember facing my biggest bully in about eleventh grade. I knew this guy since we were five. He out of the blue slugged me in the face and beat the sh t out of me twice for absolutely no reason. Then in eleventh grade, after I had had several fights and was gaining a reputation for someone who could fight. We were playing basketball and he was starting to get loud. I had enough, so I threw the ball away from the court, looked him right in the eye and said that next time he sucker punched me he was going to get it back real good. This kid was the bully of all bullys. Was arressted for assualt about five times before the age of twenty. He never messed with me again. Years later when I came back to visit my hometown. I was in a bar and his older brother tried to trip me for no reason as I was leaving the bar. I turned to him and just started beatin the hell out of him. It took practically the whole bar to get me off him. He was yelling and screaming and hollering like a little girl. I was yelling shut the hell up you sissy, and take it like a man..I'll never forget that. That was very redeaming.

I didn't have an older brother and I never told my parents that I was bullied. I kept it too myself. After a while they must have thought, boy my son must like to fight because he is always getting suspended in school.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 05-19-2011 at 11:02 AM..

Old 05-19-2011, 10:40 AM

1,177 posts, read 1,875,594 times
i was the "little" bully in school. i did so many things i wish i could take back. i'm ashamed and i just wish i could see some of my "victims" and apologize. i don't know why i did it.

Old 05-19-2011, 03:19 PM

3,271 posts, read 5,893,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I was bullied in school. I was a short and skinny kid growing up. I wrestled from an early age, but I did not use it to fight. I didn't even know why I was targeted, but I had it pretty bad. People who I grew up with would out of the blue slug me in the face and try to tear my head off. I had lot's of times when I was 80 pounds soaking wet and kids who were like two hundred wanted to beat me up. I can only assume it was because I was so small. It started in like third grade. This bully always wanted to beat me up, why who knows, because he could. I only lived about three blocks from school, but found myself walking about an extra half mile to avoid kids. I became shy and introverted for a few years. This continued until about sixth grade, til I finally stood up for myself. This didn't end there. It continued until about nineth grade, when one day I had enough. I beat someone up who was bullying me. About a month later, beat up another person and realized that I was pretty tough. I don't know what it was. Maybe it's like the kick the dog effect. If you kick a dog long enough, it will bite back.

But I always had a lot of heart, I just didn't know how to control my fear. When I started fighting back, amazingly the bullies went away. I think the bullying to some effect made me tougher and meaner. I don't take much crap from anyone.

I have been in several fights (and I mean like forty) in my life and I haven't lost many. I became pretty viscious. Sometimes I don't like the anger inside of me and the fact that it is hard for me to walk away from someone. I have too much pride. But at the same time, I refuse to be a victim again. I remember facing my biggest bully in about eleventh grade. I knew this guy since we were five. He out of the blue slugged me in the face and beat the sh t out of me twice for absolutely no reason. Then in eleventh grade, after I had had several fights and was gaining a reputation for someone who could fight. We were playing basketball and he was starting to get loud. I had enough, so I threw the ball away from the court, looked him right in the eye and said that next time he sucker punched me he was going to get it back real good. This kid was the bully of all bullys. Was arressted for assualt about five times before the age of twenty. He never messed with me again. Years later when I came back to visit my hometown. I was in a bar and his older brother tried to trip me for no reason as I was leaving the bar. I turned to him and just started beatin the hell out of him. It took practically the whole bar to get me off him. He was yelling and screaming and hollering like a little girl. I was yelling shut the hell up you sissy, and take it like a man..I'll never forget that. That was very redeaming.
I didn't have an older brother and I never told my parents that I was bullied. I kept it too myself. After a while they must have thought, boy my son must like to fight because he is always getting suspended in school.
LMAO! Guess he wasn't so tough after all, screaming like a little b***h That's what I don't like about bullies, they talk that tough-guy garbage but when you start taking off on them, they try to retreat and beg for mercy. Nah, you started it and I'm going to finish it.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:56 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,507,525 times
It's probably obvious from the tone of my posts, but I was made fun of quite a bit. It's more of a situation and circumstance.

Picture, a mixed child that had dark skin in Arizona... which is mostly white with a dash of Mexican/Indian. The parents raise their kids to be little racists, as I was exposed to the N word around second grade by a fat girl.

Actually come to think of it... I was picked on alot by fat girls, most girls all though HS were pretty darn fat. Anyway, as it wasn't bad enough being a minority I became interested in nerd culture before it was ever mainstream. Videogames, Comics, animation, never cared much for sports since I thought they were boring to watch.

Got shoved around, people just like messing with me. And the only times I've stood up for myself I was the one that got in trouble... it never failed. Even served suspension just for telling the bully to F'off.

It was difficult to stand up to bullies, they ALWAYS had packs with them that would jump in for a gang bang. And it wasn't the coward bullies, it was the jocks and the preps, the cheerleaders and the stoners, even the ones dressed up like cowboys.

Sure it only came in spurts, but when it did there were times I didn't want to go to school. Tried explaining it to my parents only made my dad go ballistic and my mom blaming me for when he has his outbursts. My dad was a black supremacist so you can imagine when a 7 year old asks what does the N word mean?

So, no reason to stand up for myself without facing serious consequences, what little friends I had weren't there for me I had to take it. Some dudes would want to beat you up just for making eye contact, never have I've been in such a hostile environment.

Even in my adult years I'm destined to be bullied and made fun of by people who can easily fire me at a whim, sure I stand up to them now but there are times where I crave fist-fighting some prick just to break this curse. If I did so years ago, I'd be expelled and sent to the place where they send all minorities too and it would be far worse for me anyways. Unfortunately now that I'm an adult, I don't want to end up in jail.

Life sucks etc, but now I'm at the point of not caring and say what's on my mind and despite it ruining friendships and relationships, after a while I realize I'm better off without those people in my life anyway.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:08 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,010,954 times
ot the names out of me, called the one parent that they could locate (who of course denied that their darling daughter could be a party to such deeds ), and the very next morning marched straight into the principals office (w/o my knowledge). There were about 7 girls involved, and I heard all of them called to the office that morning, over the speaker...and then I knew. The principals and teachers were great. All of the parents were called, and the girls all admitted their guilt. And every single one apologized to me later that day. Funny thing is, one of them ended up being my best friend in high school. [/quote]

Good for you-this must be a long time ago. Nowadays the school admin are afraid of the parents and would never make kids apologize. That is what went wrong here in America.

Too many rich Americans? Too many lawyers? Balls and **** missing?

I dunno, tell me somewhere they still do things like this-I will be happy to hear it.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:10 PM

8,224 posts, read 6,559,995 times
Not really...We all kinda of bullied each other lol.

I grew up in a small rural community where everyone knew one another. It was all seen as in good fun by the time we hit adulthood.

Water under the bridge

Last edited by rego00123; 02-05-2014 at 01:19 PM..

Old 02-05-2014, 01:15 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,010,954 times
Default what time period was this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
LMAO! Guess he wasn't so tough after all, screaming like a little b***h That's what I don't like about bullies, they talk that tough-guy garbage but when you start taking off on them, they try to retreat and beg for mercy. Nah, you started it and I'm going to finish it.
I am enjoying reading all these answers but have to know what time period this was? What roughly?

I am trying to figure out when things went to crap in America and hearing that big, fat kids want to beat up a little guy, well this is recent right? My Dad swears in his time there was a sort of ethics and people did not gang up on small, blind, fat, crippled people. My theory, may be wrong, is everything went to hell when folks started feeling like hurting the smallest, weakest.

In my schools they picked on the prettiest, girl on girl, or special needs kids (which was really low). I went to HS in the early 80's.

Strange I too notice that once fat kids were bullied and now so many kids are fat that some of them are considered normal and the skinny ones get bullied.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:27 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,894,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
I am trying to figure out when things went to crap in America and hearing that big, fat kids want to beat up a little guy, well this is recent right? My Dad swears in his time there was a sort of ethics and people did not gang up on small, blind, fat, crippled people. My theory, may be wrong, is everything went to hell when folks started feeling like hurting the smallest, weakest.
Things were never better in America. Maybe kids back then didn't pick on the weak (pretty sure they did though), but they picked on the racial minorities instead. I hardly count that as "better."

The real difference now is that you can't just go home from school anymore and forget about the bullying until the next school day. With advanced technology, you can now suffer from bullying 24/7.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:32 PM

9,871 posts, read 8,013,614 times
As a kid, I was fat and I had a big mouth. The last time i was bullied (in the 6th grade), the class bully, Ben, challenged me to a fight the next day behind the gym because I called him a fairy. I was terrified for a day, but my second (my only friend) and I went to the place behind the gym the next day, as a matter of honor, to meet him and his seconds for a formal one-on-one fist duel. He didn't show up.

I got lucky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or