U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2009, 06:32 PM

9,444 posts, read 14,983,675 times

Advertisements

Well, here is my thing:

I completely understand how some people do not want to have children. They are hard work, very hard work, even if it's just one.

However, I do not understand how people can dislike children. I will not go as far as to say that PWDC are bad people, I just don't understand how can anyone not like them! Children are the most precious, innocent human beings on this earth, who are still learning and absorbing this world. PWDC should not be anywhere near children if they can help it. Children do not need any negative vibes around them, as it is this world is cruel. I don't even know why I brought my child into this cruel world that's not getting any better, but yet again, it wasn't me, it was God's choice.

And although, I don't usually bring religion into Relationship forum, Christ said that whoever welcomes a child into his home will be welcomed in Christ's home and whoever rejects him, will be rejected as well.

Be kind to our children! They are our future, we are leaving the world to them. We all were children once!

Old 09-04-2009, 06:47 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,273,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
What can I say, everything about PWHC annoys me. I think there's something wrong with them and they probably need to be on antidepressants paralleled with intensive psychotherapy. People who hate children (PWHC)... their very presents sucks the happiness from the air. It's one thing to not want to have children or if you don't have the patience for them (good for you) - it's another when a person literally hates/dislikes kids. This is one group of people that I would never want to be friends with or have as a neighbor and it really would be great if they just vanished off the face of the earth. I don't really care if someone isn't cut out to be a parent (many people aren't - big surprise there) that's no excuse to loath a group of people who are - essentially - ignorant and defenseless of the hate/hostility bestowed upon them (in reference to children). I've seen people - who hated kids - blatantly be rude and snappy to someone half their size and a quarter of their age just because they are... kids. It's pathetic. I don't care to be understanding of this group of haters who can't even be understanding of the basic developmental stage of human beings. As far as I'm concerned, these type of people should stay away from me, my family, and society in general.

Just my two cents
society says people should like children.

Also, I think it depends on one's rationale for not liking children. Some reasons must be better than others.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:07 PM

1,809 posts, read 3,019,261 times
I love, LOVE babies and toddlers but i don't particularly like most older kids. I won't be unkind to them at all but i'd rather not be around them for too long at a time.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:18 PM

23,903 posts, read 31,130,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Now days, its easier to like pets than most kids. The pets are usually well behaved and friendly.
Heh heh heh...I've got a couple of neighborhood dogs I'd love for you to meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
However, in my experience, kids have it much better than they did decades ago. For the most part, kids are accepted for things today that wouldn't have been tolerated, then.
Most kids DO have it easier, I agree. Even my son certainly has had far more opportunities than I did when I was a kid. But he doesn't "get away" with much more. His dad and I are both pretty strict. And luckily his best friend across the street is pretty much the same. So I don't get much of the "but so and so can do it...". In fact, I don't think my son has EVER pulled that whine.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:54 PM

2,464 posts, read 5,686,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
society says people should like children.

Also, I think it depends on one's rationale for not liking children. Some reasons must be better than others.
You are one of the posters on CD that has stated you dislike children Samston and you have the blls to try to justify your way of thinking to me by spewing your sociology crap? Please. There's no rationale behind it as you state... just pure, unadulterated stupidity. No attempt to understand, relate, or practice the art of patience... just "oh, I hate kids and I can't help it." Right. It takes one or two flickering brain cells to come up with that conclusion. It takes more thought and courage to change a sentiment or a thought process that could be toxic or degenerative.

It's no different than saying "I hate ________" fill in the blank with one or more of the following...

Jews
Blacks
Whites
the elderly
Women
Men
the disabled
parents
singles
or... children

Are you following me here Samston?

Hating people - young, old, or whatever, has done this world a whole lot of good hasn't it?

Old 09-05-2009, 06:26 AM

4,379 posts, read 4,273,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
You are one of the posters on CD that has stated you dislike children Samston and you have the blls to try to justify your way of thinking to me by spewing your sociology crap? Please. There's no rationale behind it as you state... just pure, unadulterated stupidity. No attempt to understand, relate, or practice the art of patience... just "oh, I hate kids and I can't help it." Right. It takes one or two flickering brain cells to come up with that conclusion. It takes more thought and courage to change a sentiment or a thought process that could be toxic or degenerative.

It's no different than saying "I hate ________" fill in the blank with one or more of the following...

Jews
Blacks
Whites
the elderly
Women
Men
the disabled
parents
singles
or... children

Are you following me here Samston?

Hating people - young, old, or whatever, has done this world a whole lot of good hasn't it?
Hate is obviously a bad thing. But it is part of the human condition nevertheless.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:36 AM

8,415 posts, read 34,325,091 times
I hate a-holes. There are more old ones than young ones. I really do not care for babies because they shoot foul things from every hole...lol

Why oh why do women giggle at baby puke?

Old 09-05-2009, 06:42 AM

23,903 posts, read 31,130,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapercrazy View Post
I just don't have the patience for kids, they make me loose my temper after 1 or 2 minutes in my presence.
Yeah, apparently even just the thought makes you forget how to spell.

Sorry...I saw the opening, and just had to go there. Slap me. I is a bad girl this morning.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:09 AM

21,465 posts, read 22,698,975 times
Quote:
Children are the most precious, innocent human beings on this earth, who are still learning and absorbing this world. PWDC should not be anywhere near children if they can help it.
In a way, kids are innocent, but in another, they're pure id. They lie, cheat, connive, steal; they cry and whine and throw tantrums when they don't get their way. Anyone who's ever been on an elementary school playground knows how cruel children can be to each other. Sure, they are trying to figure out how the world works and the consequences of their actions, but to act as if children are spewing rainbows at all times is naive.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 09-05-2009 at 07:21 AM..

Old 09-05-2009, 07:11 AM

8,415 posts, read 34,325,091 times
LOL...I know..the only thing I notice different about a kid is they tell the truth when you ask" now why would you do that and don't tell me "i don't know"" LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or