U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2009, 12:45 PM

9,834 posts, read 5,719,196 times

Advertisements

Most of these childhating misanthropes just want the kids to behave.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:51 PM

3,978 posts, read 7,465,688 times
I haven't had time to read much of this...but I am wondering if a lot of what is meant by "not liking children" is refering to the behavior of modern children as a whole? It seems to me there is very little respect taught to children now-a-days; not for law, not for teachers, not for elderly, and espacially not for their own parents... Many children of the past several decades are totally self-centered. It is "all about me" for many of them.
I grew up in the 30s and 40s. Children as a whole were taught a lot more respect than they are now. Television programs are full of the disrespect towards adults by children.
And before I am accused of having no chidren, I have a 51 year old son and three teenage granddaughters. I used to teach children in bible classes, from 1st graders on up to teenage girls.
I am one who used to sincerely love all children. I am afraid I have changed that attitude. Now there only a rare few that I care to be around..and it is not because of my age. It is because of what I said above...

Old 09-05-2009, 01:05 PM

383 posts, read 668,910 times
I just think that children can't be glorified like they were the centre of the universe. Not every aspect (most of them) of children is 'sweet' or 'cute'.

My nephew is 3 years old and I see what my brother and his wife go through to keep him in order.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:05 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,273,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
but because you hate teh children! you hate everyone else in the world!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't hate anybody.

But i realise what is inevitable, and ill feeling is inevitable. Is this a pessimistic view? Well, I'd like to be proven to the contrary. i really would.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
Oh, good grief. That type of attitude is why some of us cerebrally evolve and others don't. Embrace our hate because it's part of the "human condition"... give me a break.

I can't understand where you are coming from Samston. You and I are clearly two entirely different beings. I at least, have faith enough in the human condition to know, that if we wanted to, we could move beyond unjustified hostility (in regard to subjects of which we don't understand or relate to - children, races, etc.). No one has to love children, but you could at least make an attempt to comprehend that they are in the infancy of their developmental stage and have not yet learned the social niceties/cues. To dislike them for something that they cannot help is not their fault... it's yours. You, and all the other PWHC, are responsible for your own thoughts/sentiments.

You have my sympathy Samston, for not realizing the error of your ways.
As I said, I do not despise anybody.

I just don't relate well with children.

you know, hate is a negative thing. But I think not appreciating relativity in thought and liking is another.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:37 PM

2,464 posts, read 5,686,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
As I said, I do not despise anybody.

I just don't relate well with children.

you know, hate is a negative thing. But I think not appreciating relativity in thought and liking is another.
Who do you think you are kidding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Well I try to treat people well in general, but i just dislike kids.
Whatever.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:45 PM

9,444 posts, read 14,983,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
In a way, kids are innocent, but in another, they're pure id. They lie, cheat, connive, steal; they cry and whine and throw tantrums when they don't get their way. Anyone who's ever been on an elementary school playground knows how cruel children can be to each other. Sure, they are trying to figure out how the world works and the consequences of their actions, but to act as if children are spewing rainbows at all times is naive.
Ummm, I'm a mom remember? Believe me - I know children don't spew rainbows. It's a big generalization that all children lie, connive and steal. It has a lot to do with their upbringing and environment. Unfortunately we can't always protect them from seeing lies and learning how to lie, but the intentions are not to hurt us.
No matter how cruel children can be - I will justify it with saying they are "children" who have been on this earth very little time and still learning, and I don't have it in me to dislike even the most problematic children, because of their youth and inexperience.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:47 PM

9,444 posts, read 14,983,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapercrazy View Post
Children can be the most cruel beings out there. They're manipulative and can easily fool you if you're not careful.
See reply above.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
Who do you think you are kidding?

Whatever.
i did not insinuate that i mistreated children. Why should anybody mistreat anybody?

Old 09-05-2009, 02:50 PM

4,247 posts, read 9,152,577 times
What bugs me is when people think I am supposed to like their kids or be interested in them just because they are their kids. Am I mean? I don't think so, I just don't like kids all that much. I do, OTOH, really like animals. I plan to leave most of my estate to the ASPCA and Humane Society. I volunteer in a food bank. Nah, I think I am a pretty good human but I just don't like kids. Never really have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or