U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2009, 03:07 PM

383 posts, read 669,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
See reply above.
Even if they lie unintentionally, they are still evil little brats.

Most of my close friends understand that I don't like children but when I tell someone new that I rather dislike kids, they get all surprised and horrified, like everyone is supposed to love them.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:21 PM

3,628 posts, read 9,027,777 times
it gets me that people think that just because some of us don't necessarily care for children, that we're going to scream and yell at them, or be completely inconsiderate when they're around.

we don't.

i don't care for kids but you would never know it, because i try to keep my cool in situations and be considerate.

so you really don't know if there's "kid haters" around your children or not.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:22 PM

42,565 posts, read 42,434,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I hate a-holes. There are more old ones than young ones. I really do not care for babies because they shoot foul things from every hole...lol

Why oh why do women giggle at baby puke?
Ewww I don't I think its nasty. But a baby burp or fart is nicer than a grown man's...don't ya think?

Old 09-05-2009, 03:26 PM

122 posts, read 328,152 times
I greatly dislike children but I am a very nice person (mostly).

Old 09-05-2009, 03:35 PM

8,998 posts, read 12,766,502 times
Moderator cut: language

I'm just glad I don't have children because they would have a pretty miserable life if I was their mother.

Last edited by Keeper; 09-06-2009 at 08:12 AM..

Old 09-05-2009, 03:39 PM

9,444 posts, read 14,990,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Don't attack the woman's child its wrong...you attack the adults but never the child.
Exactly.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:39 PM

383 posts, read 669,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Don't attack the woman's child its wrong...you attack the adults but never the child.
What? I didn't attacked anyone's child. I just said I don't like children.

Old 09-05-2009, 04:53 PM

25,456 posts, read 23,290,330 times
People, please stop quarrelling and lets get back on topic...remember, its ok to think and feel differently about the issue...but it's not ok to attack one another due to a difference of opinion....

Creme

Last edited by cremebrulee; 09-06-2009 at 05:10 AM..

Old 09-05-2009, 05:22 PM
miu

16,471 posts, read 33,437,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
I haven't had time to read much of this...but I am wondering if a lot of what is meant by "not liking children" is refering to the behavior of modern children as a whole? It seems to me there is very little respect taught to children now-a-days; not for law, not for teachers, not for elderly, and espacially not for their own parents... Many children of the past several decades are totally self-centered. It is "all about me" for many of them.
I grew up in the 30s and 40s. Children as a whole were taught a lot more respect than they are now. Television programs are full of the disrespect towards adults by children.
And before I am accused of having no chidren, I have a 51 year old son and three teenage granddaughters. I used to teach children in bible classes, from 1st graders on up to teenage girls.
I am one who used to sincerely love all children. I am afraid I have changed that attitude. Now there only a rare few that I care to be around..and it is not because of my age. It is because of what I said above...
^^^ This is an excellent post. The children I do like are few and very far between. And I understand that parents are absolutely besotted with their own kids, but I'm very surprised that they think the rest of us should also think their children the bee's knees.

And with that parental bond to their children, their kids love and sometimes respect them back. Meanwhile, their children don't show the rest of us adults any like or respect. And we aren't even allowed to give any input as to how to raise or discipline them. And that is also why we don't have any love for other people's children. They don't seem that wonderful to us. And they aren't a rare happenstance either, in fact, kids seem all too common to me.

And I would like to move my house across town lines to one with lower property taxes. My city is currently building a new high school and it's an extremely expensive project. I think that it's currently up to $46.6 million in building costs, but it's not finished yet. And seeing as how I don't have children to use the public schools here, I hate to see my property taxes so high and going towards such a big money pit.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:10 PM

157 posts, read 483,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'm not making any judgments myself, but people like this are often portrayed as self-centered, impatient and not very warm. Of course hating any group for no good reason is probably not a good thing, but have you noticed this in general? I know some of the meanest people can still like babies or puppies or something, but I get the idea that some people who say they dislike children are rather serious, and have lost their innocence in a way. Of course some may just say they and dislike them on a very superficial level, but I also think they have forgotten the child within them, and maybe need to re-connect with that.
i'd say its actualy the other way around. the people that love child have lost their innocence, so they feel children are a joy, and takes them away from the more serious aspects of life, like paying bills, working etc.

where as, if someone doesn't have kids, its alot easier for him to build wealth and become successful, because he can throw all his time and resources into it.

Kids = mediocrity
Success = Fulfillment

Married men keep strip clubs and hookers in business. Aint no "Players" or "Macks" tricking off money at the Strip Club, only to go home and support a wife they only touch Twice a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or