U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2009, 04:31 PM

123 posts, read 271,028 times

Advertisements

It doesn't matter to me if you or anyone else thinks I'm "nice" or not. I treat people the way they treat me....period. If a child is respectful and can entertain themselves, know their manners and treat me with respect.....I will do the same towards them.

However, I consider them AND their parents useless bretahing machines if they lack self control, are manipulative and demanding.

I helped raise many children as a nanny and by far, when confronted with consistent discipline, and the expectation that they (the children) were required to contribute to their own well being and that of the family, those children became more human to me and to the credit of the parents and myself, they are ALL to a person charitable, loving, practical human beings now they are grown.

If you want to raise a bunch of selfish, lazy, expectatious, greedy children....just keep them away from me as teens and adults. They will become scourges to the rest of humanity.

For the lady babysitting: tell the woman to either raise her kids herself or turn them in to an adoption agency or pay for day care. You owe neither her or those children anything. Or...keep being taken advantage of.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:00 PM

13,779 posts, read 23,208,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapercrazy View Post
That's why I don't understand all the animosity regarding people who dislike children. If they don't like them, then not having them is a responsible and sensible choice.
I don't care if you don't have them...it sounds like a good choice if you don't like them but I can't stand it when folks call children names for doing childlike things and are mean to people who have children...I don't get it...

Old 10-31-2009, 08:47 PM

9,859 posts, read 5,777,142 times
Oh gosh, I just saw in this one magazine today at Border's that surprisingly, Hans Christian Anderson, Beatrix Potter, .. couple others [blanking out] that claimed that they were not keen on kids. Odd thing is that they were known to write books for/about kids.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:01 PM

12,120 posts, read 27,530,749 times
Default I am

ambivalent about kids(having them) and can be kind of indifferent to them at times but i don't hate kids. Kids generally like me.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:23 PM

42,565 posts, read 42,407,014 times
I was a bit annoyed by other parents brats before I had my own. That is why I make sure my child is behaved and not rude or annoying. But I believe no one knows what it is like to have a kid until you have your own. Or adopt.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:56 AM

4,379 posts, read 4,273,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Most of the responses on this thread as it evolves really back up my earlier stance and my earlier post that whether or not people who don't like kids are, in fact, "nice," they're typically not people who strike me as particularly patient, particularly tolerant, or particularly flexible. Whether or not they're "nice" is really just a matter of opinion, but it seems to me to be fairly likely that the above characteristics are fairly lacking in a lot of people who profess to dislike children. That's not inherently good or bad, it is what it is.
why are these failings?

Old 11-01-2009, 05:59 AM

4,379 posts, read 4,273,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Have compassion! The little monsters can't help themselves.
and?

Old 11-01-2009, 02:23 PM

3,277 posts, read 4,493,145 times
I like a certain age range of children, as far as being round them goes. 5-10, give or take a few years. Like another poster said, old enough for basic interaction, not old enough to be obnoxious.

As for having them, I'm simply not interested. I don't have the patience for it and I would simply pass on my negative vibes to the child, so I see not having children as the responsible choice if a one simply isn't a kid person.

I might enjoy having a gifted kid, a painter or pianist.

America is unique among developed countries in that Americans still have lots of children. That's why people who dislike them are so negatively stereotyped.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:31 PM

6,046 posts, read 9,732,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
I like a certain age range of children, as far as being round them goes. 5-10, give or take a few years. Like another poster said, old enough for basic interaction, not old enough to be obnoxious.

As for having them, I'm simply not interested. I don't have the patience for it and I would simply pass on my negative vibes to the child, so I see not having children as the responsible choice if a one simply isn't a kid person.

I might enjoy having a gifted kid, a painter or pianist.
I find the age range you like to be unusual. Wouldn't people older than 10 have more in common with you? Yes, you said they're obnoxious but there are obnoxious people of all ages.

Old 11-01-2009, 04:15 PM

9,859 posts, read 5,777,142 times
I can't help forget that we were all kids once
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or