U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2010, 12:45 PM

9 posts, read 8,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
it's not opinion, it's scripture. i believe in creation and that we were designed seperately from animals

if you don't believe in that, then that's where we disagree
Oh, you're a Fundy, are you? You know what that tells me? You sit on this board and preach all this happy-crappy that you pull out of your imagination, but you have no frikkin IDEA what kids are REALLY like, because you leave all the ugly grunt-work of child rearing to your wife.

Last edited by Neoneo; 03-20-2010 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: naughty language

Old 03-20-2010, 12:46 PM

6,455 posts, read 9,509,501 times
Quote:

i'm not saying that all people who don't want kids are selfish, because there are several legitimate reasons for someone to not become a parent. but those individuals who simply don't want kids because it will interrupt their "great life" are pretty damn selfish
This has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've read on this thread.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:

and you too can go on and on about how demented and delusional parents are, but the fact of the matter is that there's nothing more natural than bringing a child into the world. are we forced to do it? no. but nature has given us all the signals that it's what we're SUPPOSED to do

you have no clue what you are taking for granted
We're SUPPOSED to? How much more ridiculous can you get. Just because you have the ability doesn't mean you should.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
it's not opinion, it's scripture.
Just as I suspected. Well, that explains a lot about you.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoneo View Post
You sit on this board and preach all this happy-crappy that you pull out of your imagination,
I don't think it's his imagination he's pulling it from.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:35 PM

1,483 posts, read 2,824,784 times
Al Green, your username forces one to think that you're a dignified person but your posts are the contradictory. Change your user name to Marilyn Manson or Judas Priest or ???, something that matches your personality because your disrespecting the singer. Get a grip!

Old 03-20-2010, 05:53 PM

600 posts, read 1,374,697 times
I've already stated my reasons for not wanting kids earlier in this thread, but I just wanted to add another one:

I love my parents SO much (I was blessed with amazing Mom and Stepdad), that the thought of something happening to them TERRIFIES me. I even have nightmares about that sometimes. Which is why I would not want my child to feel the same way. I know I can't help the fact that my parents or loved ones would be devastated if something happened to me, but I CAN help prevent such feelings from a child. I guess that's pretty selfish too .

Old 03-20-2010, 10:18 PM

2,657 posts, read 7,005,349 times
Quote:
it's not opinion, it's scripture. i believe in creation and that we were designed seperately from animals

if you don't believe in that, then that's where we disagree
Oh. You're a fundie. Kinda figured ... Well, your validity of independent thought goes right out the window with that.

There are people who think for themselves and have the cognitive tools to recognize the role for which they are best suited and then there are those who blindly follow a religious cant.

You can't argue with a sheep, so I'm not even gonna try. I will leave readers with an article I'm sure that the above poster agrees; I find it high comedy.
Deliberate Childlessness: Moral Rebellion By Albert Mohler childless childfree married couples christian No Kidding- Beliefnet.com

Quote:
But the fact remains that though childlessness may be made possible by the contraceptive revolution, it remains a form of rebellion against God's design and order.
::flipping up collar and practicing my best James Dean sneer:: I'm just a rebel, baby, wotta you gonna do about it?

Old 03-21-2010, 09:10 AM

65 posts, read 157,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapercrazy View Post
They are also messy, noisy, smelly, bratty. How are these traits not unattractive?
It's not the kids fault that their parents don't know how to properly raise them. People bring children into this world, they do not ask to be born, so it's their obligation to show them good behaviour.

I can see people not having patience for them, but hating children is just something I cannot understand.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:33 AM

4,379 posts, read 4,275,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBecky View Post
It's not the kids fault that their parents don't know how to properly raise them. People bring children into this world, they do not ask to be born, so it's their obligation to show them good behaviour.

I can see people not having patience for them, but hating children is just something I cannot understand.
Does anybody have to like anybody in this world?

Or, if being honest here, is it only children you approve of that we should be "nice" to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or