U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 08-24-2010, 03:41 PM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,238 posts, read 25,086,417 times
Reputation: 10538
At young ages, kids will hit or push another for no apparent reason. This is honesty?

 
Old 08-24-2010, 05:08 PM
 
10,483 posts, read 5,207,929 times
Reputation: 14311
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
At young ages, kids will hit or push another for no apparent reason. This is honesty?

No there usually is a reason.
 
Old 08-24-2010, 05:10 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
6,766 posts, read 7,207,753 times
Reputation: 6282
People who don't like children are EVIL!

Sheesh, can we close this thread already?


 
Old 08-24-2010, 05:34 PM
 
1,997 posts, read 1,644,448 times
Reputation: 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Not necessarily, but based on my experience the people I've met who dislike kids come across that way. It's a lot like people who dislike animals (as pets). I see your point though.
I LOVE animals, but I don’t “get on” well with kids. I could gush over animals for hours, but put a baby in front of me, no matter how cute, and I’m handing it back as quickly as I can lol. I like to think I am a very warm person, I just don’t have that motherly feel.
 
Old 08-24-2010, 07:44 PM
 
4,384 posts, read 1,683,762 times
Reputation: 1612
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
At young ages, kids will hit or push another for no apparent reason. This is honesty?
Again, the attitude of kids=bad, adults=wholesome and more reasoned is false.

Why do some adults commit assaults or murders? Were Hitler and Stalin children when they sent people to gulags or put undesirables in concentration camps?

Adults are obviously physiologically different. And have more wisdom and reasoning ability. But morally, there is no real difference.
 
Old 08-24-2010, 07:50 PM
 
4,384 posts, read 1,683,762 times
Reputation: 1612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
what's with the kid haters?

I like kids, and have never met one that hasn't warmed to me...

At least they're honest and don't talk **** like most adults...
lol... So people who think differently to you, you cannot handle or comprehend?

I don't like kids since most people are hypocrites about this supposed "love" of children.

Last edited by samston; 08-24-2010 at 08:20 PM..
 
Old 08-24-2010, 08:40 PM
 
10,452 posts, read 4,966,788 times
Reputation: 12316
I just think everyone just needs to stop demonizing everyone else and realize we're all human in the end.
 
Old 08-24-2010, 08:44 PM
 
10,483 posts, read 5,207,929 times
Reputation: 14311
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
lol... So people who think differently to you, you cannot handle or comprehend?

I don't like kids since most people are hypocrites about this supposed "love" of children.

where did I say that I couldn't handle or comprehend people who think differently to me?

your second sentence doesn't even make sense.
 
Old 08-24-2010, 09:46 PM
 
Location: ATL with a side of Chicago
3,625 posts, read 2,618,732 times
Reputation: 3812
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Who says adults cannot be honest? Both adults and kids can be dishonest or devious. The idea that kids are all sweet, and adults all bad, or vice versa, is a falsehood and a false dichotomy.
Balloon Boy was honest. "We did it for the show."

Whatever happened to those guys?
 
Old 08-24-2010, 09:48 PM
 
Location: ATL with a side of Chicago
3,625 posts, read 2,618,732 times
Reputation: 3812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post

where did I say that I couldn't handle or comprehend people who think differently to me?

your second sentence doesn't even make sense.
They usually don't. He just likes to stir things up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top