U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-23-2010, 08:17 PM

2,756 posts, read 2,952,427 times
Hell, I hate kids and I'm the nicest guy you'll ever meet.
Ask anyone! LOL.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:00 PM

2,864 posts, read 3,065,449 times
I hate children, always have. I hated children when I myself was a kid. I have never had the slightest interest in having children and am bored to distraction by those who do and foist them off on me ("Look at Johnny, he's in pony league baseball. Isn't he adorable!?")

Someone should start a thread here cluing in parents who have kids that childless couples have zero interest in hearing about your kids, seeing their photos or listening to you brag about them. Nothing is more boring.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:32 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,146,664 times
I don't think that's true at all; some people just lack the emotional/mental capacity to deal with kids. I'm that way and I consider myself a nice person. I also can handle being around other people's kids, just not for very long. But anyone who abuses kids in any way, well that's a different thread...

Old 12-23-2010, 11:39 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,146,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc55foto View Post
I've seen plenty of people who have kids that should never have had them, because they don't know how to take care of them properly.
I see that all the time. I especially love the people who sit and scream at their kids in the store when they misbehave. It's like, if your kid is that out of control they obviously aren't learning anything. I know kids test their parents and people get stressed and all, and I'm not a parent thank god, I take my hat off to people who can shop with kids and not kill them lol. But I just hate it when people sit and scream at little kids who don't know better because they were never taught anything.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:08 AM

6,046 posts, read 5,765,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I hate children, always have. I hated children when I myself was a kid. I have never had the slightest interest in having children and am bored to distraction by those who do and foist them off on me ("Look at Johnny, he's in pony league baseball. Isn't he adorable!?")

Someone should start a thread here cluing in parents who have kids that childless couples have zero interest in hearing about your kids, seeing their photos or listening to you brag about them. Nothing is more boring.
I hear ya. I knew when I was 14 that I was never having kids.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:10 AM

6,046 posts, read 5,765,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc55foto View Post
I was married years ago but I've been single for a long time. I don't have children and don't miss having them. I've seen plenty of people who have kids that should never have had them, because they don't know how to take care of them properly. I think some people have kids for selfish reasons and are not thinking of the environment and future for their children. There are too many kids out there that are abused, living in poverty or on drugs etc. A lot of kids brought up, especially in big cities, are loud and rude to their parents, teachers and other people of authority. There are lots of reasons why people choose to not have kids. They should not be considered 'not nice' or 'self-centered' just cause they don't want kids.
If anything, the people that have kids just because they think "it's what you're supposed to do" are the not so nice people. They're having kids that they don't want and those kids will probably have a bad life.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:48 PM

4,807 posts, read 3,153,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post

This.

Old 12-24-2010, 07:27 PM

24,693 posts, read 15,776,107 times
Alot of people dislike children and are defensive about it. I'm not personally saying you're bad people, I'm just saying it's a common perception about people who don't like kids that they're rather serious and sometimes pretty highly-strung.

Old 12-25-2010, 10:46 AM

11,009 posts, read 14,041,995 times
Default just looking at several posts on this last page

I would have to agree--48, single and childless

nice to see people telling it like it is and that I'm not the only one who feels like this

Old 12-25-2010, 12:50 PM

4,262 posts, read 3,748,774 times
I don't hate kids, but I always seem to attract the kids that climb all over me and won't leave me alone. Behave and sit still!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology