U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2010, 01:28 PM

9,620 posts, read 12,801,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I hate children, always have. I hated children when I myself was a kid. I have never had the slightest interest in having children and am bored to distraction by those who do and foist them off on me ("Look at Johnny, he's in pony league baseball. Isn't he adorable!?")

Someone should start a thread here cluing in parents who have kids that childless couples have zero interest in hearing about your kids, seeing their photos or listening to you brag about them. Nothing is more boring.
'cept for listening to people who hate kids snivel about how much they hate it when people start talking about their kids around people who don't have them.

Just because a couple is childless doesn't mean that they don't want them, won't ever have them, or have no desire to engage in a dialogue about them.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:43 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,278,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Alot of people dislike children and are defensive about it. I'm not personally saying you're bad people, I'm just saying it's a common perception about people who don't like kids that they're rather serious and sometimes pretty highly-strung.
lol.... Who is to say who is a good or bad person? It is infantile to label people as good or bad; all human behaviour is a spectrum. I don't like children, and I suppose it makes me worse than Hitler, right?

Old 12-25-2010, 03:56 PM

5,990 posts, read 11,209,228 times
I can't stand kids. I'm not high-strung at all, or really serious. Many people describe me as "nice," probably too nice. Of course, I hide my disdain for children really well.

Old 12-25-2010, 05:39 PM

35,821 posts, read 39,419,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc55foto View Post
There are lots of reasons why people choose to not have kids. They should not be considered 'not nice' or 'self-centered' just cause they don't want kids.
Choosing not to have kids is not necessarily synonymous with NOT LIKING kids. The question posed originally in this thread was not about those who have chosen different paths in their lives than being parents, but about those who actively DISLIKE children.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:52 PM

27,236 posts, read 40,298,639 times
Most people who will not have kids can be said to dislike them. If they are unable, it might be something else entirely, but those who make a choice not to have them are usually considered to dislike them.

And I don't have any patience or tolerance for kids or their antics...so, no, I don't like them. If they can stay still and silent, I'm just fine with them then.

Old 12-25-2010, 07:08 PM

3,089 posts, read 6,636,704 times
When can kids ever stay still and silent? Maybe in the "Leave it to Beaver" halcyon days of the early 60's, but not in the past 30 years. I have no hesitation to say I hate kids, always have, and most of the people I know who have small kids resent them and are miserable. They envy those smart enough never to have had them. Do they admit it? Very rarely... and invariable get defensive when the subject is broached.

Old 12-25-2010, 07:25 PM

1,004 posts, read 480,849 times
Well here is y experience, I'm 27 and the youngest of 4 boys. I't the only son, grandson, cousin, etc....that doesnt have kids. I selectively got a vasectomy because I possess no desire to have biological children. Its not that I don't like them, its just that I have other hobbies, desires, interest, etc.....Now on the other hand kids LOVE me for some reason, strangers children just run up and play with me, my nieces and nephews always want me to come down and visist and while I love the feeling of being wanted, Its a bit overwhelming at times. The relentless energy, constant movement and noise all become monotonous and exhausting. So in short, I absolutely am nice, just require more solitude than others and concerdering I don't have kids i expect to get it whenever I desire. Parents shouldn't criticize us non-children having folk, the majority of us are extremely happy. if we wanted the little pcket pinchers we would have made some.

Old 12-25-2010, 07:54 PM

35,821 posts, read 39,419,773 times
Why on earth would or should children "remain silent," I wonder? Makes no sense.

Old 12-25-2010, 07:58 PM

1,004 posts, read 480,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Why on earth would or should children "remain silent," I wonder? Makes no sense.
Its never been said that they should remain silent, your assumptions are quite wrong and no where in my post did I say such things. You must be a "proud parent".

Old 12-25-2010, 08:45 PM

51,361 posts, read 50,609,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
Its never been said that they should remain silent, your assumptions are quite wrong and no where in my post did I say such things. You must be a "proud parent".
Post #485 said exactly that. Wasn't you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or