Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 03:57 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,483,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
There are people that are high functioning yet have low self esteem. They are those passive aggressive whiny people that always say they aren't good at anything then upstage you at every turn and at every talent and get all the glory then whine to your face about how they have no friends, no talents, no self esteem.......the conniving jerks.

I agree. They just want someone to lead in about how frustrated they are with not being able to do something, then they throw in a "brag barb".

I have had some on here write me about all of their boyfriends, or how they could unload the guy they have now with 5 prospects waiting in the wings. It all just sounds so phony. Even if it were true, does it matter...do they have Anthony Sullivan, The Shamwow Guy Vince, Billy Mays, Tony Robbins, and Ron Popeil in line???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 03:58 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,602,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Okay. It seems that a lot of people love to throw out all kinds of crapola to justify any stupid or wrong actions. It's really amazing the kind of stuff you hear. Here is my favorite dumb pop-psychology word, one that has set my teeth on edge for decades:

"Closure."

The person who coined that word apparently believes that 1) life is supposed to be neat and tidy, 2) that the best way to heal emotional wounds is to drag them out into the light of day and talk about them endlessly with the person who caused them, and 3) the ensuing discussion will make things right, particularly if you have a poignant little piano track playing in the background, á la a Lifetime Movie Of The Week.

So what about yours? What's your fave?
Signal with bells ringing in the background: Pharoah cpg is back

Another of your threads immediately spawned to allegedly assist the "socially inept"?

You get a kick out of mocking folks who seek some form of advice, don't you? In the real world, noone's free of stupid or wrong actions.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:00 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,483,120 times
Other words...

"timely"

"dialogue"

soulmate

Old 06-09-2009, 04:01 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,680,443 times
If your tough on your children you now have "control issues", and are "abusive" to them (god forbid you put your hands on your child that is now considered a crime), if you do ANYTHING more than once you're "addicted", and not understanding (legitimately) your spouse means your insensitive even though there may be absolutely no logic to the thought in the first place.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:01 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,488,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
In the real world, noone's free of stupid or wrong actions.
I am, unless someone else makes me do it.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:10 PM

44,257 posts, read 64,046,055 times
I hate how the new thing is how everyone's bad behavior can be traced back to their being a victim of some kind of hardship. Urgh.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:11 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,602,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I am, unless someone else makes me do it.
You're probably right

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to run, the sharp end of the Pharoah's spear will meet my doomed bum any moment

Old 06-09-2009, 04:15 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,488,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I hate how the new thing is how everyone's bad behavior can be traced back to their being a victim of some kind of hardship. Urgh.
Well, in many cases it is. But there is the option to break the cycle. So, yes, it is frustrating.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:39 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,794,118 times
Oh no way, that isn't entitlement. They need some self esteem as 'fuel' to run on.....otherwise nothing is worth it or worth trying....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I get that, but that's not feeling entitled if they don't feel worthy, si?

Old 06-09-2009, 04:42 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,794,118 times
Have you met those types of people in real life? Omg they are so very irritating....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
I agree. They just want someone to lead in about how frustrated they are with not being able to do something, then they throw in a "brag barb".

I have had some on here write me about all of their boyfriends, or how they could unload the guy they have now with 5 prospects waiting in the wings. It all just sounds so phony. Even if it were true, does it matter...do they have Anthony Sullivan, The Shamwow Guy Vince, Billy Mays, Tony Robbins, and Ron Popeil in line???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology