U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-09-2009, 08:54 PM
 
13,779 posts, read 23,236,104 times
Reputation: 7378

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
I don't know if this fit's "pop psychology" but the term or any term like this

baby daddy
baby momma

Whenever I hear this, ugghhhhh, I can't stand it. Any good impression of the person drops drastically.

Now, I'm not talking about when people use the term as a joke.
Probably not considered pop psychology but pop phenomena and poor taste...I hate those terms as well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-09-2009, 08:59 PM
 
Location: So Cal
38,797 posts, read 38,013,855 times
Reputation: 39657
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Probably not considered pop psychology but pop phenomena and poor taste...I hate those terms as well...
The really sad part is that there doesn't seem to be much of a stigma about it. People just say it like they're asking the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2009, 09:02 PM
 
13,779 posts, read 23,236,104 times
Reputation: 7378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The really sad part is that there doesn't seem to be much of a stigma about it. People just say it like they're asking the time.
It sounds so trashy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2009, 09:02 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,837 posts, read 77,216,281 times
Reputation: 22814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Labeling everything as a syndrome and then applying an acronym to it...inevitably the person who is either diagnosed or self-diagnosed seeks some sort of disability compensation for new syndrome.
Yeah, I've about come to the conclusion that at least two personality "disorders" can be easily replaced with the words "man" and "woman"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Co-dependant....UGH!! That words drives me batty!
And why DO you feel this way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2009, 09:03 PM
 
13,779 posts, read 23,236,104 times
Reputation: 7378
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yeah, I've about come to the conclusion that at least two personality "disorders" can be easily replaced with the words "man" and "woman"...



And why DO you feel this way?
Probably because the term wore itself out like a polyester leisure suit...do you remember all those silly books about that stuff??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2009, 09:03 PM
 
25,165 posts, read 47,368,279 times
Reputation: 6945
That sounds like 'Pop Maury' .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
I don't know if this fit's "pop psychology" but the term or any term like this

baby daddy
baby momma

Whenever I hear this, ugghhhhh, I can't stand it. Any good impression of the person drops drastically.

Now, I'm not talking about when people use the term as a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2009, 09:03 PM
 
13,779 posts, read 23,236,104 times
Reputation: 7378
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
That sounds like 'Pop Maury' .......
Is he still on tv???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2009, 09:03 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, TN
8,000 posts, read 16,821,352 times
Reputation: 12316
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
It sounds so trashy!
Sounds trashy? It is trashy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2009, 09:04 PM
 
13,779 posts, read 23,236,104 times
Reputation: 7378
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Sounds trashy? It is trashy!
Yes, I stand corrected
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2009, 09:05 PM
 
25,165 posts, read 47,368,279 times
Reputation: 6945
Unfortunately he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Is he still on tv???
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Sounds trashy? It is trashy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top