Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 08:29 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,028,941 times

Advertisements

The following is on a friend of mine's Facebook profile.

I find it a little. . . exaggerated. Okay, I find it very exaggerated and quite ridiculous.

At the same time though, I feel slightly cynical and jaded! I've never felt compelled to write a paragraph like that about my boyfriends. Does that mean I'm weird? A cold-hearted *****?

It seems like declarations like this are the norm but all I can do is roll my eyes at it. Please tell me I'm not alone! It just seems so unhealthy to let someone else be your world.

My friend is nineteen by the way. Maybe that explains it lol.

X wow, i cant even explain how much i love him! he is more than perfect in every single way possible he does everything right and is the most perfect thing that has ever happened to me. but he is mostly perfect at making me fall in love with him more and more and more and more each and every second of every day!!!! i didnt know who myself was until i found him he makes my world spin a million times faster than all the orbits in the universe combine!! we talk about every thing there is to talk about and we tell each other every single thing, i cant stand being away from him for barely 5 seconds. i need him to live. he is my life and my world and my soul. he is just everything to me in every way possible i just love him more than he will ever know, i wish i could tell him but words cant even describe it. he is more than perfect for me in anyway there possibly is i jsut love him with everything i have i will give him everything i have to offer and if he ever needs anything or if he is ever in trouble then i will be there in a heartbeat to help him with anything he ever needs! he has my heart and i know he keeps it safe every second of the day he is just more than amazing!!! we do everything together we always do the most funnest things that no one would ever think of. he is more than perfect for me. i always put him before my self i dont even care about myslef anymore all i care about is him and everything i do revolves around him in every way! i just love him i love him i love him i love X more than anyone will ever know!!! he completes me!! i love you X!!!!!!!!! <33333333333333333333333 my name doesnt sound right without yours beside it :d X and Y forever and always!!! :d <33333333333333333333333333
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 08:33 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post

I find it a little. . . exaggerated. Okay, I find it very exaggerated and quite ridiculous.

At the same time though, I feel slightly cynical and jaded! I've never felt compelled to write a paragraph like that about my boyfriends. Does that mean I'm weird? A cold-hearted *****?

It seems like declarations like this are the norm but all I can do is roll my eyes at it. Please tell me I'm not alone! It just seems so unhealthy to let someone else be your world.

X wow, i cant even explain how much i love him! he is more than perfect in every single way possible he does everything right and is the most perfect thing that has ever happened to me. but he is mostly perfect at making me fall in love with him more and more and more and more each and every second of every day!!!! i didnt know who myself was until i found him he makes my world spin a million times faster than all the orbits in the universe combine!! we talk about every thing there is to talk about and we tell each other every single thing, i cant stand being away from him for barely 5 seconds. i need him to live. he is my life and my world and my soul. he is just everything to me in every way possible i just love him more than he will ever know, i wish i could tell him but words cant even describe it. he is more than perfect for me in anyway there possibly is i jsut love him with everything i have i will give him everything i have to offer and if he ever needs anything or if he is ever in trouble then i will be there in a heartbeat to help him with anything he ever needs! he has my heart and i know he keeps it safe every second of the day he is just more than amazing!!! we do everything together we always do the most funnest things that no one would ever think of. he is more than perfect for me. i always put him before my self i dont even care about myslef anymore all i care about is him and everything i do revolves around him in every way! i just love him i love him i love him i love X more than anyone will ever know!!! he completes me!! i love you X!!!!!!!!! <33333333333333333333333 my name doesnt sound right without yours beside it :d X and Y forever and always!!! :d <33333333333333333333333333

She's 19

Did I mention... SHE'S 19!! This is the way teenagers talk

Old 09-21-2009, 08:34 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,419,585 times
Hmmmm...I'm just wondering what kind of person would copy and paste a chunk of info from their friend's Facebook page onto a public forum. Some friend, eh?

Old 09-21-2009, 08:52 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,245,461 times
I have to agree with Lovesmountians...this is a young girl and she is talking as I would expect her to...I'm just glad she is not writing in text form...can't stand that!!

Old 09-21-2009, 08:52 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,122,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post

I don't know. I'm 54 and if I were to put my feelings for my dh in writing, I'd say it would be almost identical to the paragraph above. LOL.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-21-2009, 09:12 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,125 times
Healthy: The rush one gets when they're on a roller coaster plummeting downwards at 60 miles per hour and they look up and see their feet dangling wildly above them.. which is pretty much how a 19 year old feels when they have those "first few months love infatuation highs".

Obsessive: Going on that same roller coaster 20 times in a row right after eating 4 hot dogs, a big bag of popcorn, and a wad of cotton candy that's bigger than snuffalufagus' head, and then suing the theme park because you suddenly have a Elvis shaped splotch on your fancy new shirt... which would be like a 19 year old who's so fascinated by someone that they decide to completely violate that persons life with negative behavior.. In other words, they start stalking that person, or hurt themselves because that person said something mildly hurtful, or..

You get the point.

Relax, I think this is normal..

BTW, when he makes her laugh, does she sound like Kermit the Frog on helium? For some reason, every 19 year old chick sounds like that when they are around that special someone.. ok, nevermind.. forget I said anything.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:39 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,028,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
Hmmmm...I'm just wondering what kind of person would copy and paste a chunk of info from their friend's Facebook page onto a public forum. Some friend, eh?
Oh, yes, I'm an evil friend.

Please, the paragraph is general at best. It reads like every other chick's myspace. I picked it because it best exemplified what I was trying to convey. Your reading too much into my non-existent motives. I am simply asking for other opinions, as I appreciate different thoughts and views.

Old 09-22-2009, 05:41 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,421,360 times
It'll never last.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:52 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,089 times
Weird, this is EXACTLY what I put on my facebook page about my chocolate lab... It's clearly plagiarized..

Old 09-22-2009, 09:25 PM

304 posts, read 1,326,118 times
I think I want to barf!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology