U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-14-2012, 01:11 PM

14,755 posts, read 15,343,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm an INTJ but with a very high T, opposite of you. I took the test at work twice, in different yeas, same results.
From what I read, ENTJ is the personality type most suited to executive work, though INTJs, if not TOO "I," could probably do the job, too.

The ESTJ and ISTJ are too bogged down in detail to be interested in the bigger picture, because of that "S."

I have no clue about the other 12 types out there.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 11:18 PM

6,597 posts, read 8,747,979 times
I took the test and was an INTJ:

78% Introverted

50% Thinking

50% Intuitive

22% Judging

I read up on the results and couldn't help but feel like I was reading a horoscope. In other words, people have complex personalities and I'm sure I could find things that apply to me from a number of different personality types. Yes, reading my results gave me pause and even made me laugh at some of the things that described me perfectly. Yet, I couldn't help but feel like I would have found a lot of other things in other personality types that would have given me similar results or reason for me to pause.

Not to mention, there were several questions where I felt like there should have been a "No Decision" or "Not Sure" as opposed to a simple "Yes" or "No." Rarely anything in life is a simple yes or no and the test I took gave no room for the gray areas of life.

I'm going to take the test several different times, trying to be as honest as I can while flip-flopping the gray area questions between "Yes" and "No" to see if the results change.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:28 AM

10,209 posts, read 7,732,954 times
I did an experiment. Retaking it, I listed all the questions which were iffy, about ten of them. Answered the rest to my current mood and state of mind. First run it came out INTJ as before, with the numbers different in terms of strenght. The N for intuitive was less, a lot less on one. Thinking went way way up on one and was fairly low on the second and was a 1 on the previous run a different day. Judmental rose from a 1 to an 11 and then to 20. Most interesting. When you look at the last two, switching the same ambivilent answers, and apply a plus/minus, the difference comes out to even only on one. Dang.

I guess INTJ is accurate. The I stayed 100 in all of them so I guess I shouldn't apply for a corpret job?

But the degree of the particulars seems to vary depening on my mood.

My favorite question is the one which says I'm less interested in the general outcome of a problem than the paths it can take. My agreement was firm. Guess I kinda proved that.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:30 PM

1,244 posts, read 2,169,275 times
I took it twice and changed some answers based on mood, and because on some questions I wanted to answer "it depends".

INTJ

INTJ

WOW! I have to digest this information.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:04 PM

4,691 posts, read 4,009,154 times
another INTJ.

17% 25% 31% 11%

Old 05-23-2012, 07:35 AM

1,709 posts, read 1,514,517 times
INTJ is a frequently tested type despite it being rare. If you don't know that much about MBTI, check out these links:

Personality Junkie | Unsure of My Personality Type: What Should I Do?
ISTP - INTP/INTJ
INTJ vs INTP and a more detailed post: INTJs Extraverted Thinking (Te) vs. INTPs Introverted Thinking (Ti): Science & Philosophy
INTJ Forum - View Single Post - ISTJs Mistyped as INTJs On This Forum

Some videos. The first video has a provocative title and I don't think having trouble answering the tests is a problem with everyone, but it can apply to some people (I've heard stories about an ISFJ who was mistyped as INTP, ISFP as INTP, etc):

Personality Tests are WRONG! - YouTube

Myers Briggs Errors? - YouTube

Last edited by Nivalis; 05-23-2012 at 07:53 AM..

Old 05-24-2012, 10:40 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,285,437 times
Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

This is a better test as it takes the cognitive functions (ni,ne,ti,te,fi,fe,si,se) into account.

Of course, personality "tests" are pretty limiting by nature so the best way to determine is, as objectively as possible, self-reflection.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:28 PM

1,736 posts, read 1,155,246 times
My result was ISTP...when I took the official test in a Theories of Personality course a few years ago...

Old 05-25-2012, 10:11 AM

13,215 posts, read 10,869,352 times
We took Myers-Briggs at work a few years ago, and based on that and the millions of interweb tests I usually end up being an ISFP.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:13 AM

3,525 posts, read 1,603,771 times
Intp...taken it many times and obsessed over it for a year or so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology