Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 05:36 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times

Advertisements

wow. talk about reviving dead threads.

2 years since the last post, and someone brought it back. ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 07:14 PM

92 posts, read 112,524 times
Default I am INFJ preference

....after thinking for a long time that I was ISFJ (due to an over-simplified test that I overanalyzed every question on ....no surprise there). What a relief to finally understand why traditional roles and measures of success never were all that satisfying for me...and so many other parts of my rather confusing (to other people) personality.

I am getting along fantastically with an ENTP. We figured out his preferences long after we'd been together, but it seems a great match to us! It is never dull or boring and he understands that I do not like housework or routine in my life...and neither does he! Yippee! OK, so the house is never really that clean and the lawn rarely gets mowed. I'll do it eventually because I simply get tired of the disorder and then feel uncomfortable. However, he doesn't judge me for it because he is the same way. I love that acceptance. I also feel like I grow a bit every single day with someone that appreciates and is truly interested in my rather unusual insights and sense of humor. Lastly, we seem to be of the same relative level of independence and rarely find that either of us feels "needier" than the other, which is so rare. As an ENTP, he usually has plenty of other people to go bounce project ideas off of and gets them involved in his endeavors, so he keeps busy and remains relatively happy when I go into my thinking/analyzing/researching/conceptualizing cocoon for hours to days (depending on how much in my outside world interrupts me and really needs to get accomplished...(like going to work) ...and whether I realize when I am hungry)

The only real problem I have had thus far is that it is difficult to maintain any personal physical space for myself with an ENTP around. They really do invade every corner (table, couch, floor, bed, dresser, bookshelf...) with all manner of projects in various states...and indefinitely. So, there have to be rules. I established a "no-project zone" for my zen moments when I need a place of complete structure and organization in which to get respite. This way, I do not feel the need to clean or otherwise organize his things, which would then make me feel a little resentful over time because, as I stated, I dislike doing that sort of thing, even for myself. I tend to keep an orderly place in order because I do not like to clean, so my Zen place is always in order because I bring nothing into it...makes sense? Probably not to most people. Makes perfect sense to me, though!

Friend-wise, I actually find I do well with most "I"'s who have high N preferences, or who are Sensors, but more F, which makes sense to me.

Anyway, it is a fun pastime and I enjoy trying to figure out what people are. It certainly isn't something I would use to put anyone in a "box", but it can be a fun exercise and good method to entice you to try to get to know people better (especially for those of us that sometimes act a bit awkward around strangers and for us J's that need to keep that preference in check). Oh, and really good to try to guess family member's preferences, because it may give you insight into your relationships that is useful for dealing with some of the common communication problems involving people so close to you.

Glad someone brought it up! Maybe someday I will learn to write more concise posts.....

Old 06-05-2011, 08:18 PM

61 posts, read 261,000 times
I have taken it several times over the years and always test INTP

Introvert 100%
iNtuitive 79%
Thinking 79%
Perceiving 84%

Old 05-13-2012, 02:25 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I'm very into MBTI- I'm an INTJ... very high INJ and barely tipping the T.

INTJ is the rarest type for females, which explains a lot. My boyfriend is also an INTJ and we're both stubborn hotheads but it works.
I'm INTJ, just barely with a 1 on each tipping the j and the t. I think it depends on the kind of event/item/idea being persued as to what I fall on. I've taken this multiple times in different moods and it still comes out the same.

So that is why most people think I'm a little odd????? Is it seen as less odd for a guy to fit this?

Old 05-13-2012, 07:53 AM

3,520 posts, read 9,239,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I'm INTJ, just barely with a 1 on each tipping the j and the t. I think it depends on the kind of event/item/idea being persued as to what I fall on. I've taken this multiple times in different moods and it still comes out the same.

So that is why most people think I'm a little odd????? Is it seen as less odd for a guy to fit this?
INTJ is a fairly rare personality type, but is more common for men than women. Basically, INTJ people tend to keep to themselves, usually think they are right, and don't give a damn what other people think. They can be cold and distant with most people except their closest confidants. Most INTJs are good people though; they just don't believe in stroking other people's egos or feelings.

Incidentally, I'm not an INTJ but I am one of that type's "sibling" types, the INFJ (considered to be the rarest type for males). INFJs are like INTJs but are generally warmer and a little more personable (when they get to know people; INFJs can be just as cold/distant as INTJs with people they don't know and especially people they don't like/get along with for some reason) but are also more sensitive to criticism and dislike conflict more than INTJs. Like INTJs, INFJs also tend to keep to themselves, usually think they are right, and don't give a damn what other people think (particularly when it comes to more important beliefs/values in the last case). On issues that aren't highly important to INFJs, they are more likely to give ground than INTJs, mainly to keep the peace and enable friendly relations.

Last edited by CHIP72; 05-13-2012 at 08:02 AM..

Old 05-13-2012, 01:18 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,865,329 times
Oooh interesting thread.

The first time I took a Myers-Briggs was when I was 15. We had to take it at school. I have since taken it in college a few times, and about a year or two ago just for fun

Every single time, I come up as an ENFP.

I prompted my husband to take it about a year back, just out of curiosity... he came out an ISTJ.

So, technically speaking we're polar opposites on the personality spectrum!

I can honestly say though, that we have a wonderful relationship. We never argue, even if we have differences of opinion (which is rare), and our pros & cons outweigh eachothers. I find myself very, very fortunate to have him.

We're proof that opposites do attract

Old 05-13-2012, 08:57 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
ESFP here

Old 05-13-2012, 09:27 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,400,554 times
Answered as honestly as I could:

Your Type is
ISFP
Introverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
100 1 62 11

Old 05-13-2012, 10:32 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
ISTJ - rock solid on the TJ parameters. I think it fits me to a tee.

I used to be an ESTJ. It has slowly moved to "I" over the years, probably as I realized how full of crap most people are. LOL.

Is ISTJ one of the "good ones?" Are there some profiles that are considered more "desirable?"

Old 05-14-2012, 12:16 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I'm very into MBTI- I'm an INTJ... very high INJ and barely tipping the T.

INTJ is the rarest type for females, which explains a lot. My boyfriend is also an INTJ and we're both stubborn hotheads but it works.
I'm an INTJ but with a very high T, opposite of you. I took the test at work twice, in different yeas, same results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology