U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 11:59 AM

12,120 posts, read 27,530,749 times

Advertisements

I have neither violence nor financial status to offer a woman so what do i really have to offer?! I mean i have had a steady job for almost 20 years, an old car and a small apt but I guess that's not boyfriend material!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 12:19 PM

15,069 posts, read 17,034,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Oh yeah, a girl who lives in a neighborhood where the strong routinely steal from and harm the weak must not esteem herself at all if she goes out and finds a really mean, mean man and parks him on her porch. lololol. Sorry, I don't mean to laugh.

Did ALL of you guys grow up in white bread land? I'm not trying to be offensive here, but the denseness of a good deal of the comments here is just baffling ... hmmmm... I guess it makes sense. The media portrays a ridiculously cartoonish view of the poor for the most part. I suppose if you didn't grow up in the hood, you don't understand the hood, so I suppose as the Boyz in the Hood would say, you should stay the f*** out of the hood.

Where are my boys at? I know at least some of you grew up hard and can shed some light for the softies. How about your rural mountain men... can you step outside of your color biases for just a moment and realize that the hard men of the Applachians have waaay more in common with the hard men of Compton than they ever want to admit? Hint: the Compton folks have just as much good heartedness as the mountain men (in addition to nastiness). It's just not a side the media cameras capture much, and the Compton folks don't want the message to get out anyways ... if people knew they had hearts, who knows who would show up on thier front door to roll them?

Thar are many good women & children that have much love & respect for their hunter mountain men/fishers/loggers in these parts...

These Men have high family values & moral fiber(goodness). They love their family/kin/friends dearly.

During poor economic times there will still be food on the table & warmth from the fireplace/woodburner.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:22 PM

8,415 posts, read 34,325,091 times
Who doesn't love a good fight?

YouTube - Dynasty: The First Catfight

I don't think it has anything to do with being anything other than the top dog of your scene. Whoever that is in whatever setting its going to get more than the beta bots of safety. Be it g-land or the business world. Those types are naturally hyper sexual. If you are not that type yourself don't go looking for someone who is. Its not going to make you or her (or him) happy in the long run.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:41 PM

17,749 posts, read 15,026,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
I have neither violence nor financial status to offer a woman so what do i really have to offer?! I mean i have had a steady job for almost 20 years, an old car and a small apt but I guess that's not boyfriend material!!
Hi rlrl,

I am not a woman, but I have spent some time listening to them and watching them. I am going to rank that attitude pretty high on the turn off meter.

My attitude was and always will be that I have had nothing and could have nothing again, but unless you had me, you never really had much either. Save the lies for when they can actually do you some good. I saved money because that is what I wanted not because its what I needed even if it certainly helps. To do what I wanted, I did need some cash.

I saw a guy two doors down from me when I was a kid have women pay for everything he ever had. He knows what he is doing. You have had a job so you are not a bum. Do you really want to be one of those idiots that spends 100K on a wedding anyway?

Old 11-09-2009, 01:05 PM

1,086 posts, read 2,872,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tired-of-mn View Post
I have always wondered that.All these gangbangers get tons of sex.Thats the main motive for these thugs.If women in mass decided not give it up to these men gangs would dry up overnight.I geuss violence makes alot of women horny.

Because they are handling there business in the bedroom, that's why.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:16 PM

4,837 posts, read 7,597,096 times
Quote:
And its not just gang bangers. My best friend in high school was out with a bunch of friends outside of a gas station.All the guys got into a fight with another group of guys.All the girls where so turned on that they ALL put out that night. Weird
People are ragging you, but this sounds like my high school. The one where half the girls in grade 10 got pregnant. There's a lot of "low class" out there! Much more than there was 50 years ago.

Many of the female posters on this site have their heads permanently in the clouds (its fog when you are there) and see things in very stilted ways that assume that females are always right and usually victims of men. Women have full rights now, can and should make their own decisions. However, they should also live with them and then the coddling can stop.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu
LMAO!! Someone needs to take away those 39 rep points you have because you just lost ALL credibility with this post. HA HA HA HA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Since when do points have anything to do with credibility?!
Didn't he know that the sale of them finances the site? The market price opened this AM at $39 and 3/8 per 1000.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:22 PM

2,996 posts, read 4,754,555 times
Quote:
I have always wondered that.All these gangbangers get tons of sex.Thats the main motive for these thugs.If women in mass decided not give it up to these men gangs would dry up overnight.I geuss violence makes alot of women horny.
Im willing to bet that the GangBangers are very controlling and demanding of women in thier lives .. and alot of women are simply intimidated and live in fear . Of course, a large number of women come from broken homes too where Dad isnt around so they seek emotional fulfillment from most any source they can . This country has gone to the Dogs , and in a relatively short amount of time.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Yeah. At times people leave me a rep point comment - "you bastard"

And my points just went up by one
Usually its "You can't say that! You'll have your handle canceled."

The whole thing is BS since half the time when I want to rep someone, I'm told that I have to spread it around more. Like this is a garden?

Old 11-09-2009, 01:30 PM

8,869 posts, read 13,844,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I guess there are some women like that. They just want to see their man out there showing everyone who's boss, instead of watching him in front of the t.v all day long pigging out and talking smack without actually proving it.

But as women get older, usually that allure goes away. Its typical of very young women who live all their lives in a criminally inclined neighborhood. Usually low income. They are the kind to want to have boyfriends that will display "kick @ss" tendencies.

But not all women want that. Lots of women want to have a decent, peaceful man that will treat them with respect, and show themselves a good catch.
I agree with this. This is all they know in many cases and it's not just with gangbangers. It's hard to break away from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology