Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 02:39 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tired-of-mn View Post
I have always wondered that.All these gangbangers get tons of sex.Thats the main motive for these thugs.If women in mass decided not give it up to these men gangs would dry up overnight.I geuss violence makes alot of women horny.
I guess there are some women like that. They just want to see their man out there showing everyone who's boss, instead of watching him in front of the t.v all day long pigging out and talking smack without actually proving it.

But as women get older, usually that allure goes away. Its typical of very young women who live all their lives in a criminally inclined neighborhood. Usually low income. They are the kind to want to have boyfriends that will display "kick @ss" tendencies.

But not all women want that. Lots of women want to have a decent, peaceful man that will treat them with respect, and show themselves a good catch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 04:38 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
I think you're right, temptation. And think about this ... if you are a young lady in a criminally inclined neighborhood (like the one I grew up in), isn't it advantageous to have a boyfriend with a reputation for kicking *****? No one messes with the girl of a kick *** boyfriend. They mess with girls who have pu$$y boyfriends (or no boyfriend at all). It's all contextual ... it always is. Go ahead and pity the gfs of gangbangers if you want ... go ahead and look down on them, and underestimate them .. everyone else does it seems. They are smarter than you think. If you feel a particularly acute sense of pity for them, I recommend you redirect that pity toward yourself. Those gangbanging gfs probably have more heart than you will ever understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I guess there are some women like that. They just want to see their man out there showing everyone who's boss, instead of watching him in front of the t.v all day long pigging out and talking smack without actually proving it.

But as women get older, usually that allure goes away. Its typical of very young women who live all their lives in a criminally inclined neighborhood. Usually low income. They are the kind to want to have boyfriends that will display "kick @ss" tendencies.

But not all women want that. Lots of women want to have a decent, peaceful man that will treat them with respect, and show themselves a good catch.

Last edited by WestCobb; 11-09-2009 at 04:47 AM..

Old 11-09-2009, 08:04 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,549,938 times
I think it has more to do with the fact that these men put forth the image of masculinity. Unfortunately, as some of these women get older their preference does not change, because these are the men they're accustomed to being around.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:10 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
I have always wondered that.All these gangbangers get tons of sex.Thats the main motive for these thugs.If women in mass decided not give it up to these men gangs would dry up overnight.I geuss violence makes alot of women horny.
Because these women are the counterparts of these men, they share the same pathology. They see it as passion.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:18 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times
Quote:

So, you wanna be a gangbanger? Is that what you're telling us?

Old 11-09-2009, 08:36 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
I thought the female gang members were required (forced) to have sex with all the male gang members. But then my only knowledge of gangbangers is what I see on TV.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Because these women are the counterparts of these men, they share the same pathology. They see it as passion.
Oh it's definitely passsion, malamute. There's no denying that. Is it passion pointed in the right direction? Probably not. But it's passion alright.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:39 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
You wonder? Really? Low self esteem. Dr. Phil 101.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:42 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Most of them get as much they can, they know there going to end up
dead or in federal prison.

Last edited by virgode; 11-09-2009 at 09:58 AM..

Old 11-09-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You wonder? Really? Low self esteem. Dr. Phil 101.
Oh yeah, a girl who lives in a neighborhood where the strong routinely steal from and harm the weak must not esteem herself at all if she goes out and finds a really mean, mean man and parks him on her porch. lololol. Sorry, I don't mean to laugh.

Did ALL of you guys grow up in white bread land? I'm not trying to be offensive here, but the denseness of a good deal of the comments here is just baffling ... hmmmm... I guess it makes sense. The media portrays a ridiculously cartoonish view of the poor for the most part. I suppose if you didn't grow up in the hood, you don't understand the hood, so I suppose as the Boyz in the Hood would say, you should stay the f*** out of the hood.

Where are my boys at? I know at least some of you grew up hard and can shed some light for the softies. How about your rural mountain men... can you step outside of your color biases for just a moment and realize that the hard men of the Applachians have waaay more in common with the hard men of Compton than they ever want to admit? Hint: the Compton folks have just as much good heartedness as the mountain men (in addition to nastiness). It's just not a side the media cameras capture much, and the Compton folks don't want the message to get out anyways ... if people knew they had hearts, who knows who would show up on thier front door to roll them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology