Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 08:39 AM

914 posts, read 1,806,792 times

Advertisements

Quick question: Why do so many women on here sound like the biggest sucker when it comes to men? Seriously, if the guy doesn't text you back, don't sulk over it. If a guy hooks up with you and you ultimately never talk to him again, don't cry. And if a guy is giving you the run around and playing games, why go with it?

Get some self esteem women, you're all looking like a bunch of unconfident single lifers.

I'm not bashing anyone specific either, the more I read these forums, the less anyone can do to help with all their replies. Everyone has baggage, but you really can't expect all these guys you're "dating" to be something special. The problem is expecting something in the first place. Communication people! If it's not mutual then it's not worth it, right?

Boom-Pow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 08:46 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,072,850 times
I think you may have women who totally see their value through having/finding/keeping a man.

Focus more on your worth and who you can be and worry less about being part of a couple.

This is one piece of advice I have for single people. Enjoy being you before being 'desperate' to be loved by someone else.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:51 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,063 times
Factor in age, also, dear. Now in my 30s I could easily get over the negative. In my younger 20s it was a different story.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:54 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuteishungry View Post
Quick question: Why do so many women on here sound like the biggest sucker when it comes to men? Seriously, if the guy doesn't text you back, don't sulk over it. If a guy hooks up with you and you ultimately never talk to him again, don't cry. And if a guy is giving you the run around and playing games, why go with it?

Get some self esteem women, you're all looking like a bunch of unconfident single lifers.

I'm not bashing anyone specific either, the more I read these forums, the less anyone can do to help with all their replies. Everyone has baggage, but you really can't expect all these guys you're "dating" to be something special. The problem is expecting something in the first place. Communication people! If it's not mutual then it's not worth it, right?

Boom-Pow.
Because most women and men do this:

YouTube - Johnny Lee - Looking For Love

Old 03-18-2010, 09:09 AM

259 posts, read 840,682 times
Yeah, someone said it...factor in age (especially on some of these posts). I think when we're younger (teens/lower 20's-ish) we tend to not really know what we are worth so we are more open to settling for bullsh*t just for the sake of having a man that we THINK will care for us. But the older we get the more wiser we become and not getting a text message back (or whatever other stupid thing we are waiting on a man to do) really doesn't matter anymore.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:20 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki9947 View Post
Yeah, someone said it...factor in age (especially on some of these posts). I think when we're younger (teens/lower 20's-ish) we tend to not really know what we are worth so we are more open to settling for bullsh*t just for the sake of having a man that we THINK will care for us. But the older we get the more wiser we become and not getting a text message back (or whatever other stupid thing we are waiting on a man to do) really doesn't matter anymore.
Yep agree

Old 03-18-2010, 09:31 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
This is one piece of advice I have for single people. Enjoy being you before being 'desperate' to be loved by someone else.
This is good advice for people in general. Even married folks ought to understand this.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:59 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Quote:

Boom-Pow.
Well said. You are clearly a woman who is sure of herself, confident and understanding about the dating / relationship game. I also think that women like the ones you are referring to are the very reason men can't take us seriously when we are putting ourselves out there. I think some men are afraid to get involved because some women become way too attached, way too soon then freak out way too early in the relationship if a text or call isn't returned.
Men, don't let one bad experience ruin it for the rest of us. LOL

Old 03-18-2010, 11:10 AM

914 posts, read 1,806,792 times
I'm glad you guys didn't take too much offense to this thread. Honestly, it breaks my heart seeing women valuing themselves through other men and even going a bit psycho. I've had my fair share of heart sores and breaks and I try not to let that baggage bleed into someone else, because it's not fair. I have plenty of lady friends who take that bad relationship and let it affect them in a negative way.

I'm 26 and single, and I do remember the game as well. But these threads are 30+ years old. C'mon now.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:23 AM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:

Boom-Pow.
I think you're right tuteishungry, the thing is, not everybody is raised in a home that develops self worth and helps them develop a high self esteem so it's not automatically fixed when they become an adult.

In fact, I think in this day and age, we are living in a time period where the over all self esteem of humanity is quite low due to the fact that people today feel the need to BUY there self worth through designer clothes, large homes, and endless cosmetic surgeries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology