U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-24-2010, 01:48 PM
 
Location: The Hall of Justice
25,907 posts, read 34,966,446 times
Reputation: 42368

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
it's not a matter of protection.

it's a matter of reacting healthily to situations. the provoker doesn't care about the provoked. a person shouldn't always react if another shouts at them, or is disrespectful to them.
This is how you rationalize your own bad behavior. You said in other threads that you enjoy provoking people and that you push people out of the way if they block your path. You tell yourself that they shouldn't get mad about the things that happen to them, because "life is unfair" and "they shouldn't react," but you don't turn that attitude on yourself. It's okay for you to get upset, but not other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-24-2010, 02:20 PM
 
1,561 posts, read 1,851,263 times
Reputation: 2127
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
This is how you rationalize your own bad behavior. You said in other threads that you enjoy provoking people and that you push people out of the way if they block your path. You tell yourself that they shouldn't get mad about the things that happen to them, because "life is unfair" and "they shouldn't react," but you don't turn that attitude on yourself. It's okay for you to get upset, but not other people.
+1 rep.
Sounds like a Socialpath doesn't it? Or at least someone that has no empathy for others. If he attempted to push me (thus laying hands on me) he has violated my safety zone and person. He had better hope that he has the physical dangerousness of a Grizzly to protect himself. For otherwise he may just find out how unfair life can really get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2010, 07:41 AM
 
4,379 posts, read 4,272,111 times
Reputation: 1612
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
This is how you rationalize your own bad behavior. You said in other threads that you enjoy provoking people and that you push people out of the way if they block your path. You tell yourself that they shouldn't get mad about the things that happen to them, because "life is unfair" and "they shouldn't react," but you don't turn that attitude on yourself. It's okay for you to get upset, but not other people.
but life is unfair.

and people don't have to be kind.

i thought the general sentiment of life was that it was tough and coping skills was key.

Last edited by samston; 04-25-2010 at 08:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2010, 09:59 AM
 
4,379 posts, read 4,272,111 times
Reputation: 1612
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
+1 rep.
Sounds like a Socialpath doesn't it? Or at least someone that has no empathy for others. If he attempted to push me (thus laying hands on me) he has violated my safety zone and person. He had better hope that he has the physical dangerousness of a Grizzly to protect himself. For otherwise he may just find out how unfair life can really get.
but life says that you should be humble to those who hurt you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2010, 11:22 AM
 
1,561 posts, read 1,851,263 times
Reputation: 2127
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
but life says that you should be humble to those who hurt you.
Strange, but I can't find that in my Operator's Manual for life. If we go with Nature, it says avoid getting eaten. Now if you prefer the Bible, it says to turn the other cheek if your brother should strike you. But you ain't my brother.

Besides being Humble is in relation to avoiding excessive pride in one's self. Has nothing to do with tolerating bad behavior from others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2010, 11:27 AM
 
4,379 posts, read 4,272,111 times
Reputation: 1612
dude, i don't care any more. you probably won't make a reasoned argument, so it's a waste of thought, energy and time. i have better things to do on Sunday afternoon.

By the by, read any psychological text on dealing with those who hurt you. it would concur with what i said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2010, 02:33 PM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL (Northside)
3,271 posts, read 5,888,862 times
Reputation: 3353
LOL at this dude. By your logic, we should all be doormats to everyone. Sorry but that's not the world in which we live. You come off a bit hypocritical because first you say you intentionally block people's paths to spite them, then you switch it around to say you do it unintentionally, then you come in with you should overlook people's transgressions. You having a little episode of schizophrenia there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2010, 02:51 PM
 
4,379 posts, read 4,272,111 times
Reputation: 1612
a healthy person is never a doormat. i never am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top