U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-22-2011, 11:17 AM

489 posts, read 577,994 times
TKramar thanks for the info, we have to be close to a Supercenter and the one in PG came up as a possibility for my wife to transfer to when the time comes. The one in Murdock, approximately how old is that one?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 11:25 AM

5,686 posts, read 8,034,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrivman1 View Post
TKramar thanks for the info, we have to be close to a Supercenter and the one in PG came up as a possibility for my wife to transfer to when the time comes. The one in Murdock, approximately how old is that one?

The one in PG is really nice, very clean, very friendly people work there, and isn't shopped the way some of the other ones sometimes are. I don't know where you are from, but the one in PG also sells Yeungling!

Old 02-22-2011, 11:35 AM

BH, that right there is a plus!

Old 02-22-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
The one in PG is really nice, very clean, very friendly people work there, and isn't shopped the way some of the other ones sometimes are. I don't know where you are from, but the one in PG also sells Yeungling!

BH that alone is important in itself!

Old 02-22-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
BH that alone is important in itself!

So, you read it again?, eh!

Old 02-22-2011, 01:58 PM

Yup!

Old 02-22-2011, 04:32 PM

27,238 posts, read 26,329,729 times
Quote:

Pretty sure it's been there since '92, when I came back from the Navy. The other two should be less than five years old...if they moved the one in Punta Gorda. Otherwise, that's even older (the original was there while I was in high school).

Taylor Road and Airport Road is the area you would want to consider moving to, if you want to be close to Jones Loop. You could live in Tropical Gulf Acres in South Punta Gorda too, I suppose, but might have a longer drive.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:24 AM

6 posts, read 8,276 times
i am from joliet ill and am thinking about retiring down that way . was going to move to south venice but i want to fish fresh and salt water. but don not knopw the neighborhoods at all .do not need a pool and looking for a block home under 75,000 cash any ideas. are there fishing clubs down there . thanks dave

Old 03-30-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofedav View Post
i am from joliet ill and am thinking about retiring down that way . was going to move to south venice but i want to fish fresh and salt water. but don not knopw the neighborhoods at all .do not need a pool and looking for a block home under 75,000 cash any ideas. are there fishing clubs down there . thanks dave
Dave you will love the area. I live in Punta Gorda Isle - a fantastic boating community. Ask any questions you have. I'll DM you. I found this board before I moved and got a tremendous amount of help. Also look at the Fishing thread that Messing About, Foxrivman, and I converse on all the time. You won't be able to buy on the water for that much money, but there are houses available in Port Charlotte that are nice for the kind of money. You will have to trailer your boat, or you may be able to rent a boat slip fairly cheaply if you have a boat.

You definitely have to come down for a visit. If you need to work - that is the biggest hardest thing you will have to overcome.

I am a member of the Punta Gorda Isles Civic Association. You have live in PGI to be a member. But there are plenty of clubs around. Make sure you stop by Fishing Frank's - they have pros and guides there and they have the one of the best tackle shops around. Port Charlotte Harbor offers many boat ramps, easy access to both fresh and salt water, and a huge variety of fish including: grouper (many types), snapper (many types), shark (many types), spanish mackrel, tarpon, snook, red fish, sea trout, sheep head, red and black drum, king mackrel, rays, lady fish, grunts, amber jack, and many others. As the water temperatures rise, the fishing gets better and better.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:44 AM

6 posts, read 8,276 times
i have a 1978 chriscraft 281 that i fish lake michigan with for salmon . the only thing i would be looking for would be a part time job. retiring from the school district up here in maintenance. na i am want to sell my boat and looking for a center console i can trailer. had a knee replacement done in oct/2010 and my boat is to big for me now with the lids all grown up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte