Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2011, 05:23 PM

493 posts, read 1,386,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
It took over 3 years of trying but I finally joined the Snook club.
This morning at 6:40AM, on my backyard dock, I cast a 1/4 ounce Badonkadonk pinfish lure toward this fella and he hit it hard. He ran across the canal, taking my 10lb test with him. I pursuaded him back toward me but he decided to take the show with him beneath my boat lift. I took advantage of that and walked the dock, reeling in line as I approached him. That's all it took to land him. I had to take a chance and set the rod in the holder, in order to run up to the house and wake up my very understanding wife out of a dead sleep.

She was delirious but supportive and took the picture to keep this from becoming just another fish story. The first is always special. I'm happy to say, he was released alive and well.

Messing about, great job, I like those badonk-a-donk's and evidentally the snook do as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 07:20 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,417 times
I'm off visit the "mother ship" in California for the week.
New prop, live well pumps and trolling motor will have to wait.
Duty calls. Somebody's gotta pay for this great life in FL.
I'll check in after the trip to Corporate.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:13 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,086,723 times
Quote:
I'm off visit the "mother ship" in California for the week.
New prop, live well pumps and trolling motor will have to wait.
Duty calls. Somebody's gotta pay for this great life in FL.
I'll check in after the trip to Corporate.

Have a great trip! I'll save some small fish for ya!

Old 03-03-2011, 06:57 AM

493 posts, read 1,386,556 times
BH or Messing About, is there an Ultimate Fishing and Camping Show down by Sarasota, Fort Myers, or even Tampa this time of year? Our big show to kick off the season begins on 4/17/11 and pretty much is the start of our fishing year up here, just wondering?

Old 03-03-2011, 12:59 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,887,682 times
There's an event in Cape Coral this weekend called "Water and Wheels". Cape Harbour - A Yachting Community has details.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrivman1 View Post
BH or Messing About, is there an Ultimate Fishing and Camping Show down by Sarasota, Fort Myers, or even Tampa this time of year? Our big show to kick off the season begins on 4/17/11 and pretty much is the start of our fishing year up here, just wondering?
I don't know, but I have some reports from my brother and some friends that the bigger fish are moving back in. Some people have reported catching some bigger fish in the Pine Island Area which is just inside the harbor / Boca Grande Pass area!!

And, I plan on doing some fishing over the weekend and next week so long as the wind dies down. Today it is quite breezy, so I won't be going out! - No matter how many girls ask me, or how big the fish are!! Looks like I'm outta luck today!

Old 03-03-2011, 05:39 PM

463 posts, read 866,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
I don't know, but I have some reports from my brother and some friends that the bigger fish are moving back in. Some people have reported catching some bigger fish in the Pine Island Area which is just inside the harbor / Boca Grande Pass area!!

And, I plan on doing some fishing over the weekend and next week so long as the wind dies down. Today it is quite breezy, so I won't be going out! - No matter how many girls ask me, or how big the fish are!! Looks like I'm outta luck today!

Keep scouting those fish BH. We have Hoppers # and will call when we get in . We are planning on going out every day ( there is always a place to tuck out of the wind) remember there are only two types of charlotte harbor fisherman
1 those that have been stuck on a sand bar
2 those who lie about being stuck on a sand bar

We have had to push at least once each trip.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcozad1 View Post
Keep scouting those fish BH. We have Hoppers # and will call when we get in . We are planning on going out every day ( there is always a place to tuck out of the wind) remember there are only two types of charlotte harbor fisherman
1 those that have been stuck on a sand bar
2 those who lie about being stuck on a sand bar

We have had to push at least once each trip.
Yeah! I shined my prop up pretty good last year, after replacing it last January!

Old 03-03-2011, 07:52 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,417 times
California has worn me quite thin...it's so nice to home in FLORIDA again!

Old 03-04-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
California has worn me quite thin...it's so nice to home in FLORIDA again!
Hey Messy, {your wife will love that!}
I think we may be going out fishing if my other buddy comes down. I'm waiting for HH to call me and see if we are on. I know Sunday looks like a possible bust due to rain. I'll call you if/when we decide to run out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte