Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2011, 07:36 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,036,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
Can't you follow my instructions like MA did? It really doesn't take an engineer to get it done
J/K BH, if you don't feel comforable with it I can show you.
I'm not sure what you mean, but I'm sure I'll figure it out when I get around to it. Besides, then I don't have to share my beer with you. Although, I don't drink that sissy beer you do. So, I guess I wouldn't mind sharing that with you, if you want to watch me muddle through one of my finer moments. Besides you'll have a funny story to tell after I totally screw it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 08:14 AM

493 posts, read 1,382,779 times
Default Honesty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
I'm not sure what you mean, but I'm sure I'll figure it out when I get around to it. Besides, then I don't have to share my beer with you. Although, I don't drink that sissy beer you do. So, I guess I wouldn't mind sharing that with you, if you want to watch me muddle through one of my finer moments. Besides you'll have a funny story to tell after I totally screw it up.

BH, love the honesty!

Old 03-28-2011, 08:23 AM

3,179 posts, read 5,970,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
My outside beer fridge has Yuengling and Miller Lt. Although the Yuengling has mysteriously been disappearing lately. Either my wife is drinking it or BH is sneaking over here at night The wife doesn't drink much, so I'm thinking the latter..... haha

Old 03-28-2011, 10:13 AM

493 posts, read 1,382,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
My outside beer fridge has Yuengling and Miller Lt. Although the Yuengling has mysteriously been disappearing lately. Either my wife is drinking it or BH is sneaking over here at night The wife doesn't drink much, so I'm thinking the latter..... haha

Ahh, those pesky Yuengling thieves again! I will make sure I have a lock on my outside fridge once I move down!!

Old 03-29-2011, 04:06 PM

54 posts, read 108,645 times
My wife and I are considering a mobile home and their boat ramp goes out to Lemon Bay. How is the bay for fishing? I have a 17' Whaler, do you think that would be ok to go into the Gulf? The mobile is in Holiday Estates, in Englewood.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:59 AM

2,118 posts, read 3,760,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleydmn View Post
My wife and I are considering a mobile home and their boat ramp goes out to Lemon Bay. How is the bay for fishing? I have a 17' Whaler, do you think that would be ok to go into the Gulf? The mobile is in Holiday Estates, in Englewood.
Lemon Bay is very nice and the fishing can be, as well. There will be days when you can take the 17' Whaler outside and fish within eye sight of the beaches.

Although I'd be remiss if I didn't tell you...that better be SOME mobile home, for you to pass on the smoking hot deals all over SWFL on single family homes, including canal homes with boat lifts so you can only use that trailer for maintenance.

There's a picture of me fishing pristine blue water in Lemon Bay few pages back in this thread.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:11 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,036,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
Lemon Bay is very nice and the fishing can be, as well. There will be days when you can take the 17' Whaler outside and fish within eye sight of the beaches.

Although I'd be remiss if I didn't tell you...that better be SOME mobile home, for you to pass on the smoking hot deals all over SWFL on single family homes, including canal homes with boat lifts so you can only use that trailer for maintenance.

There's a picture of me fishing pristine blue water in Lemon Bay few pages back in this thread.
I agree with MA on the housing choice.
I would caution you going out on the gulf with that boat. Storms come up in a hurry around here, and a 17' BW isn't so great when it does. There are lots of great inland waterway areas to fish, and the fish can be all you can handle. What'ever rocks your boat - but be careful. And, I would definitely stay within eye sight of the beaches or a clear path to sheltered water if you do venture into the gulf.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:01 AM

54 posts, read 108,645 times
We have only bee looking at homes on -line so far. Getting down there in May to do some real looking. We just thought being in a community with the mobile it be safe leaving the house. Right now we only be coming down 3 weeks a year and maybe rent it out for vacations, till we retire about 5 years. I see some good deals but worry about the neighborhoods.

I fish alot in Chincoteague Bay, Va. Hoping to get on the water this weekend and see if the flounder are bitting.

If we do get a place down there, I'm in need of some fishing buddies, but I do like to drink a cold beer too.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:21 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,507,951 times
I know just the guy that can give you answers to almost anything about fishing. Contact Fishin Franks Bait and Tackle in Charlotte Harbor, FL. I have him as a Facebook friend and he's got the answers. Here is his web site: Fishin' Frank's

Old 03-30-2011, 06:44 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleydmn View Post
We have only bee looking at homes on -line so far. Getting down there in May to do some real looking. We just thought being in a community with the mobile it be safe leaving the house. Right now we only be coming down 3 weeks a year and maybe rent it out for vacations, till we retire about 5 years. I see some good deals but worry about the neighborhoods.

I fish alot in Chincoteague Bay, Va. Hoping to get on the water this weekend and see if the flounder are bitting.

If we do get a place down there, I'm in need of some fishing buddies, but I do like to drink a cold beer too.
What areas were you considering?

If you're fishin flounder you might want to try green back shiners, shrimp or cut bait. The best place to catch them are on the reefs or the sandy bottoms. The grass flats are also a decent place to catch flounders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte